Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ugh. Disappointing to see Ulster content to give Glasgow what should be an easy win and potential TBP. It really harms Munster's chances, but on the bright-side, at least we won't meet each other in the semi.

I remember posters mad that ulster sent a weakened side to play a game last season...remember how that game finished!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I can see the Ulster 2nds causing an upset here. Just have feeling..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Sky will be fuming now!

Oh well.

Ugh. Disappointing to see Ulster content to give Glasgow what should be an easy win and potential TBP. It really harms Munster's chances, but on the bright-side, at least we won't meet each other in the semi.

Short memory methinks

Not sure what to think of the selection. If we get hammered then it's a bad move. Personally I'd have gone as strong as possible without risking players with niggles. In fairnes that is maybe what he has done! Looking forward to aeeing McCloskey and Arnold together but whether they get the platform to play ball or not is another matter.

As a side note this probably isn't that far off what our team will look for the first quarter of next season so it will be interesting to see how they do together against one of the best teams in the league.

• Advertisement

This can go one of two ways for Doak. We won't know which way until next weekend. However it is very possible we will be back at scotstoun next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Sky will be fuming now!

'Excellent'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Best bench ever though !

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Best bench ever though !

That's the thing, if we are within a score with 20 to go then it is game on. As I said on the other thread 15 of this 23 were involved last weekend and most (if not all) of the others are injured...or at least are being treated as being injured...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

bilston wrote: »
    That's the thing, if we are within a score with 20 to go then it is game on. As I said on the other thread 15 of this 23 were involved last weekend and most (if not all) of the others are injured...or at least are being treated as being injured...

I think a lot of people are thinking this is a 2nd team but it's not really because of injury of that pack only herring ross and Stevenson won't be starting next week and possibly diack. Think ulster will be within 5 before calvary come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Are the rumours true about Sean O'Hagan returning to England?

The chat on UAFC about VDM's injury isn't pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

None of the talk over there is pretty!

None of the talk over there is pretty!

True sir.

The word is an Achilles injury, similar to Payne's when he first arrived. He missed pretty much a whole season so if that's true that would be bad news...nay...sad news...hopefully it is just loose talk because Franco, while sometimes understated, has been really excellent for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Herbst out for the season. No Herbst. No tighthead. No scrum. No chance. You can't win a game without a scrum. Shows how short sighted UR were in only going for Dave 'Who?' Ryan as a cheap option. I suppose they didn't figure on Fitzpatrick retiring but shocking management altogether. No place in the Academy for Chris Taylor....stupidity. Bronson Ross is a trier but we all know he is not capable of operating at the highest level. fecked again by injury and inept organisation. Millions in the bank and the smallest squad stuffed with cardboard cut outs of real rugby players. Plenty of backs. No forwards worth a sheeite.

Jamie Hagan on short term loan? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sean McCarthy needs game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Hasn't he played for leinster this season? Despite his physical advantages, he probably isn't any better than Lutton or Ross. Ulster's best fit tighthead is probably the second choice loose head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

He just fell over bringing up the defensive line. No one near him, freak injury

• Administrators Posts: 53,426 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No Herbst no hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Jamie Hagan would be a great option.

Could a player be signed at this late stage? I don't think that would be fair unless you cite safety issues regarding the tighthead position.

I'm not sure Hagan would/could be in any case.

He's played 4 games for Leinster this season (wiki says so anyway), so probably isn't allowed represent Ulster. He's also transitioning to Loose Head as far as I can remember.

I was just thinking out loud. And it's Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not sure Hagan would/could be in any case.

He's played 4 games for Leinster this season (wiki says so anyway), so probably isn't allowed represent Ulster. He's also transitioning to Loose Head as far as I can remember.

I was just thinking out loud. And it's Monday.

Didn't Munster/Connacht use the same player in the Pro12 a few years back? Iirc, a Munster player (cant remember who :( ) was loaned to Connacht but also featured for Munster.

Peter Borlase. Not your fault you don't remember him!

phog wrote: »
    Didn't Munster/Connacht use the same player in the Pro12 a few years back? Iirc, a Munster player (cant remember who :( ) was loaned to Connacht but also featured for Munster.

Cooney played for both Leinster and Connacht this season.

I think there is an issue though in that that Hagan is a LI player.

Once we got past the first couple of scrums Lutton did ok on Saturday. He will just have to do it again this weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Could a player be signed at this late stage? I don't think that would be fair unless you cite safety issues regarding the tighthead position.

Not according to the rules anyway
    5.5. No player is eligible to play for a Team in the Guinness PRO12 if he transfers or is registered after the 20th March 2012 during the relevant season (although there is an exception for under 18 players in certain circumstances).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Are BBC2 NI not showing the Ulster match on Friday night? This says they are http://www.pro12rugby.com/news/17379.php#Id3Sa32Jr64IHS8p.97 but EPG suggests otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭phog

Herring has been cited for stamping in the Glasgow game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement