Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Is Blane McIlroy a scrumhalf?
    Yeah, is he still at Ulster, I know he had a deal finish last season but I didn't know if he extended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Im not 100% sure but I think he might be away.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Do Ulster still have to pay Pienaar his full wages if he is missing Ulster matches with the Springboks?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Do Ulster still have to pay Pienaar his full wages if he is missing Ulster matches with the Springboks?

Pass...but I imagine this scenario was considered when he signed his current contract. In fact this happened in the season just gone. It also allows the likes of Marshall and Heaney a decent run of games and gives Jackson the opportunity to be the main man ion the backline so in a way it's not really a bad thing. My main concern is that Pienaar hasn't had a decent rest in about three years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Yeah, be good to see Heaney out again, he looked very sharp.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leicester
    Montpellier
    Treviso

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sixy

Hard draw but it is what is, if we want to be challenging next year we need to be able to get out of that group.

Better than quins who got through with no competion last year and were undercooked when they played the quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Proud Orange

Pool of death, there is about three of them though, for us but I suspect we'll all win our home matches and beat Treviso twice apart from Montpellier who'll get picked off be Treviso away, it'll come down to BP's.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

more than capable of three bonus point home wins

Tough group but let's be honest Montpellier and Leicester will fear us too. Some cracking games and if my circumstances were different in the coming year I'd definitely have considered a wee trip to Montpellier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

at the end of the day where is the merit in going through the group stages playing the lower tier teams...we all see how much harlequins benefited from that in their quarter final. I think Leinster fans and mgmt would be fairly confident against all of the teams in the group and of getting through...if ulster wanted to be considered in the same vein as the top teams then this is just another hurdle to jump and one i feel can be done

I'm not to fearful of Leicester to be honest, Wexford road is a daunting but so is Ravers, I think we can win that head to head 5/6 to 4 and Montpellier will give up halfway through if us and the Tigers beat them. It'll be a challenge but its about time we overcome a challenge. Next season will be a failure if we don't get some silverware as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Wexford road is a daunting.

It'll be even worse this week with all the traffic down from Dublin for the sunshine.

Haha, still getting used to the new phone!!!

946799_485252541553850_1912362766_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Wider version below..

970098_647491211946974_1621975937_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Apparently Ruan is off to Toulouse after this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Fooker wrote: »

Link??

Fooker wrote: »

You mean when his current contract expires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It´s going to happen eventually, we should be glad there is a glut of good backs currently at Ulster. If he will go I would say he be open enough about it with the club and we should be actively looking at his replacement.

Should we bring Olding across to 10 to accomodate him and LM in the starting 15. Don't think we should drop Cave as he has consistently earned his 13 starting spot.

We are fairly short (no pun intended PM!) at 9 if RP goes. PM is not international standard and is best used as a replacement to inject a bit of pace into a game late on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

What's the latest on Fez?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

decisions wrote: »
    What's the latest on Fez?

There's a tweet from him last night saying he's in a cast for the next 6 weeks.Doesn't sound promising.

I am pie wrote: »
    It´s going to happen eventually, we should be glad there is a glut of good backs currently at Ulster. If he will go I would say he be open enough about it with the club and we should be actively looking at his replacement.

Should we bring Olding across to 10 to accomodate him and LM in the starting 15. Don't think we should drop Cave as he has consistently earned his 13 starting spot.

We are fairly short (no pun intended PM!) at 9 if RP goes. PM is not international standard and is best used as a replacement to inject a bit of pace into a game late on.

No Olding shouldn't be brought over to 10. He has made himself an international playing centre, leave him there, if anything we should be considering him at 13, not 10.

There's a tweet from him last night saying he's in a cast for the next 6 weeks.Doesn't sound promising.

He had to have another operation so I'm not sure it's that big a surprise that he is in cast again.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

rumour ulster signed a dublin based australian,any idea who this is or is it spoof?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

lurtz wrote: »
    rumour ulster signed a dublin based australian,any idea who this is or is it spoof?

Would Neil Walsh be a Dublin based Australian... kinda?

Would Neil Walsh be a Dublin based Australian... kinda?

Is he not a Dublin based Dubliner who used to live in Australia for a bit?

Anyway he looked quite useful in his little cameo he played in during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

yeah was thinknig it might be neil walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Is he staying at Ulster? Haven't heard anything about the contract negotiations in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

lurtz wrote: »

The return of Matt Williams...? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement