Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubfitting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Jasonw wrote: »
    Ok I can accept this.

Were you really told this? So, If I understand correctly, after heating, bending and cooling it returns eventually to it's original shape? As an mechanical engineer, I'd love to have access to this "memory metal" I'd make a fortune! Or maybe, if they can't baffle you with science, they'll bamboozle you with bulls**t

Well, I summarized a bit but yes if I recall correctly that was what I was told. There may be additional detail I'm leaving out there but that was my understanding of what I was being told. I remember asking myself the question after the call: "So they were prepared to suggest R9's to me back in October which I am assuming they would have provided me with if I had asked them to go ahead with the order. Also, what about the other R9 orders that have been placed with them recently that required modification? Will those sets return to their original off the shelf shape after X months?"

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Were you charged for the second session? Or get a refund for the first (wrong) clubs?

There was no charge for the refit, they took the other clubs back and built me up a new set of shiney new clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Just collected my new clubs, like a new dad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭big_drive

What clubs did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

big_drive wrote: »
    What clubs did you get?

MP 53, MP 630 fast track, MP 3 wood

• Advertisement

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pduigee

Have been reading all these posts today. I have a fitting on Saturday. Very excited but actually quite frightened in a way too. I have heard so many mixed reactions both here and from friends. I play off a 10 handicap and am inconsistent in general. hitting the ball too high is the main thing but hope i wont be disappointed. I had budgeted for about 600 for the irons so i can see they are a lot more expensive than that :( I wish they could possibly take our old clubs in general for exchange. I have Mizuno Mx17's and an inch longer than standard. I am 6ft5 so is hard to get anyone to buy them. If anyone knows anyone i would do a great deal. But i suppose the main thing here is should i be swinging fairly well on the day of fitting????

just had my fitting today and what an experience it was. I was very skeptical of it but have to say it was unreal. I got david but was talking with derek also. some of the nicest people i ever met. make you feel really comfortable when your there. i was worried cause i was hittin poor lately but it pays off to hit poorly when your there as they can understand where your going wrong. got a great deal and christmas time for me in two weeks. can't wait.:D highly recommend

GinjaNinja wrote: »
    So I did my first fitting ever with foregolf this week.

Got David. Very nice guy, very helpful and really knows his stuff.
    I took the opinion that I should go i n there with a blank slate, no knowledge of shafts, heads etc. which i true to the most part.

I'm currently playing titleist 690 cb. After going through everything and just asking me to hit away, we've settlted on a extra light extra stiff steel shaft (nippon 950gh)
    The irons recommended mizuno jpx 800 pro. 5-PW with MP T11 wedge.

No need to change driver. we couldn't justify changin my current R5. possible shaft change.
    I need a 3W and a shaft change on my r7 rescue.

All in all a great session. What amazed my was how changing shaft and weight meant the ball pinging off the sweet spot every time. rather than sliding up/right like my current set.

I'd recommend them to anyone. Although pricey, you do get what you pay for. Remember these wil have a warrenty local to you and also are there on email very fast to respond, which os worth an extra 50-70 euro over internet shopping in my eyes

I am getting the same shafts as yourself put in. Nippon 950gh x flex. Just wondering how your getting on with them

I got my new clubs today, collected them from the courier and went straight to course for a club competition. They felt strange at first but got more used to them as round went on and had a good back nine.

Delighted with them, saw enough today to see they will make a good difference. Just need to get more practice with them and get comfortable with them

• Advertisement

I got my new clubs today, collected them from the courier and went straight to course for a club competition. They felt strange at first but got more used to them as round went on and had a good back nine.

Delighted with them, saw enough today to see they will make a good difference. Just need to get more practice with them and get comfortable with them

what clubs you get??? i got a few offers but got a deal on the Mizuno Mp 62s with nippon 950gh x flex shafts

Cleveland cg7 tour black peril irons (Nippon 950 stiff)
    Cleveland mashie hybrid 21.5 deg stiff
    Cleveland dst 3 wood stiff
    Cleveland xl 270 driver 10.5 deg stiff

Cleveland cg7 tour black peril irons (Nippon 950 stiff)
    Cleveland mashie hybrid 21.5 deg stiff
    Cleveland dst 3 wood stiff
    Cleveland xl 270 driver 10.5 deg stiff

I got the same shafts. Let me know how you get on with them. cant wait to get my own

Very same here, I have mine a week and a half (4 games played) every game has been better, played knights brook today and shot one over for the front nine, I'm so happy with the clubs, it just takes a little while to get use to the yardage and trust them:D:D

Ya that was the biggest problem yesterday, my distances were all off as the lofts are pretty different from my old set. Once I get familiar with the clubs I'd be hopeful of a few good scores.

The biggest improvement I noticed yesterday was that my bad shots weren't as "bad" if you know what I mean. There was no wild hooks or slices and when I was off line it was only by a bit and as a result easier to get back in play

sweetswing wrote: »
    Very same here, I have mine a week and a half (4 games played) every game has been better, played knights brook today and shot one over for the front nine, I'm so happy with the clubs, it just takes a little while to get use to the yardage and trust them:D:D

Thats great shooting sweetswing. Just curious what handicap are you? Cant wait to get mine but hope i dont have the same problem as yourself and be really disappointed. I would say you were disgusted

pduigee wrote: »
    Thats great shooting sweetswing. Just curious what handicap are you? Cant wait to get mine but hope i dont have the same problem as yourself and be really disappointed. I would say you were disgusted
    I'm off 9 at the minute, but I expect that to change:D
    In fairness foregolf were fantastic with how they dealt with my problem.

great shooting. off 10 myself so hope to get to single figures after this. they were brilliant on the day and fair pricing wise too

great shooting. off 10 myself so hope to get to single figures after this. they were brilliant on the day and fair pricing wise too

Also forgot to mention there was a Cleveland cg15 wedge in my box when I opened it. I didn't order this so I dunno if it was a mistake or if it was thrown in as a bonus because I was after buying a full set

Also forgot to mention there was a Cleveland cg15 wedge in my box when I opened it. I didn't order this so I dunno if it was a mistake or if it was thrown in as a bonus because I was after buying a full set

good stuff. they actually throwing in a free wedge for me too and re-shafting my other two wedges as part of the price

• Advertisement

Was delighted to get the wedge too, it was a nice bonus

Just got my clubs the other day and played twice with them. cant really hit them. i find them extremely heavy. i was using very light clubs on the day and found them great but the heads of the clubs i got are very heavy. Im a tall golfer so a heavy club can cause me to chop down on the ball. just wondering how you approached foregolf and what did they say to you??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

I think they recommend you give it 4 or 5 rounds to get used to the clubs and then take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

aster99 wrote: »
    I think they recommend you give it 4 or 5 rounds to get used to the clubs and then take it from there

I would reiterate what aster is saying. It will take time to bed in your new Irons and you need to be patient during the transition from your old clubs. After you have given them plenty of play and are still unhappy simply make a call to Foregolf and explain your predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mono25

I got mine friday (only driver & 3 wood which were re-shafted) It did take a few holes just to get used to them but was defo a huge improvement and was very pleased at the end.

Just got my clubs the other day and played twice with them. cant really hit them. i find them extremely heavy. i was using very light clubs on the day and found them great but the heads of the clubs i got are very heavy. Im a tall golfer so a heavy club can cause me to chop down on the ball. just wondering how you approached foregolf and what did they say to you??
    2 games? As the lads have said, give yourself a chance to get use to them . If your still not happy a simple phone call should sort it for you , best of luck with it mate, but deffo give them a chance !

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

Had my fitting there today. I'll be writing a detailed report/article comparing them to the fitting service at carton house comparing price, service etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

So I got my set of mizuno mx300 with Nippon 950 x shaft. Play 2 rounds and all o can say is solid. Every strike is sweet. Like butter as they say.
    playing off 15 at present and had a 3 overpar in a 12 hole comp first time I played with them.
    second time was in a pinhirst foursome 18 and we were 4 over. My irons are great. Tricky to get distance right the first few times. But as always go long if in doubt.

Really loving them and hope to start winning comps getting the hc down.

2 games? As the lads have said, give yourself a chance to get use to them . If your still not happy a simple phone call should sort it for you , best of luck with it mate, but deffo give them a chance !

cheers for the comments guys. I was talking to Dave from foregolf and similar to what ye said just to give it time. however he was very sound that if they are not working they will sort it out. I got the nippon 950 x flex shafts which are very light so the club is automatically feeling heavy at the head. suppose i was just expecting miracles first game. Off to the range this evening to hit a few.

• Advertisement

cheers for the comments guys. I was talking to Dave from foregolf and similar to what ye said just to give it time. however he was very sound that if they are not working they will sort it out. I got the nippon 950 x flex shafts which are very light so the club is automatically feeling heavy at the head. suppose i was just expecting miracles first game. Off to the range this evening to hit a few.

Just giving you an update. i am definately getting used to the clubs now. yardage is a bit shorter but so much straighter. feel lovely when hit well. picked up my driver this week which was re shafted and holy jesus there was some difference. only missed 1 fairway. actually tried to slice it but best i got was a fade. feel great. shot to the handicap at weekend. was 9 over after 1st nine but went 1 over on the back nine as i got more confident with the clubs. Well done foregolf. They were very helpful

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement