Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubfitting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

When buying from Forefolf can you pay over the phone with credit card or what is their procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

They only ask for a deposit until you collect them. But if your getting them posted it will probilly speed things up to pay in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

I would be getting them posted as I live in Cork. Does anyone know if they charge extra for delivery?

Also is there room to negotiate with them in terms of prices? Particularly if you decide to buy a full set from them, irons, woods, hybrid, etc. Would they be willing to knock off something or how flexible are they to deal with in that regard?

It's a 10er for delivery! I think they use dls as the courier! Not sure what there attitude to haggling would be.. I think there business is doing quite well so they might take the attitude of if your not willing to pay don't come to us! Saying that tho, having met Derek he's a sound bloke so worth a go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

So I did my first fitting ever with foregolf this week.

Got David. Very nice guy, very helpful and really knows his stuff.
    I took the opinion that I should go i n there with a blank slate, no knowledge of shafts, heads etc. which i true to the most part.

I'm currently playing titleist 690 cb. After going through everything and just asking me to hit away, we've settlted on a extra light extra stiff steel shaft (nippon 950gh)
    The irons recommended mizuno jpx 800 pro. 5-PW with MP T11 wedge.

No need to change driver. we couldn't justify changin my current R5. possible shaft change.
    I need a 3W and a shaft change on my r7 rescue.

All in all a great session. What amazed my was how changing shaft and weight meant the ball pinging off the sweet spot every time. rather than sliding up/right like my current set.

I'd recommend them to anyone. Although pricey, you do get what you pay for. Remember these wil have a warrenty local to you and also are there on email very fast to respond, which os worth an extra 50-70 euro over internet shopping in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've just ordered a new set of clubs from foregolf, looking forward to getting my hands on them. Found the whole fitting experience brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Their next available appointment for a fitting is in 4 weeks. :eek:

Good times for Foregolf!

They're going very well alright I'd say, bookings are hard to get and they seem busy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

On the day I was in the guy behind the counter was making clubs to be sent to Spain, the guy in for a fitting before me had driven from Cork that morning and the guy after me was down from Donegal. Incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

I'm sitting here waiting for my clubs to arrive , should be any time soon:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

sweetswing wrote: »
    I'm sitting here waiting for my clubs to arrive , should be any time soon:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Must be like Christmas... Only better because it is something you actually want :D:D:D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

I had a fitting with them in October last. Recommended two sets for me - a set of Clevelands and a set of R9's. Two weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and order the R9's from Derek only to told that it was a set they were no longer offering. He explained that the type of steel TM used in the R9 didn't lend itself to being easily bent/modified and they found it often returned to it's original shape after a certain time.

So I'm off down to FG again on Friday week to have a mini-fitting (30 mins) to go through some other combinations and see what suits. Also bringing my father along for a full fitting as part of his Xmas box.

When I asked why the waiting list was so long (I rang the first week in Feb, our booking is for the 4th of March) he explained that they have experienced their busiest time ever in the 6-8 weeks since Xmas. His reading of the situation was that people were prepared to pay an extra bit more to ensure they got a set of clubs that suited their swing rather than taking a chance on an off the shelf set and running the risk of possibly having to change again in ~6 to ~12 months if things didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

Not convinced about this fitting for the ordinary handicap golfer.Surely a proper grip,stance etc is more important.Its okay maybe for the low handicapper or pro who can repeat their swing on a regular basis.

I would be of the same opinion. After deciding on the clubs you like most I would have thought the only other real consideration was the regular or stiff shaft. It is the mid 1990's since I used to play and there was none of this fitting stuff back then. Not only do few club players consistently repeat the same swing, but for many their swing changes a little, standing more upright then swing flatter etc etc. If you get clubs fitted then presumably if you make any changes (improvements) then you now have clubs which no longer "fit" your swing/setup?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

If you're a good low handicapper with a consistent, repeating swing then you could hit the ball well with a spade.
    In my experience, fitting is about the feel and also to try an limit your 'bad' swings to a 'less bad' result. I don't think it's purely about getting the absolute best result from your absolute best swing. A fitted club should obviously work with a good swing but it will more often give you a ball in play IMO.
    If you sometimes make an elegant swing but sometimes your balance is all wrong then a proper fitting will take those tendencies into account.

I'm getting the Cleveland cg7 black peril tour irons, also the new Cleveland xl270 driver.

Anybody here have these clubs, how u going with them?

I got my fitting in July and loved every minute of it, I can honestly say at the end of it I was hitting the irons sweeter than I ever hit a ball.
    I couldn't wait to get my hands on my new clubs ( it took 3 weeks) the minute they arrived I put them in the car and drove up to the range, this is where it all goes pear shaped " when I say I couldn't hit them out of my way I'm not joking"
    I have to date played about 25 games with them and never once played to my handicap, the frustration was to much, so out of my bag they came.
    Luckly I held on to my old clubs, first day back playing with them and I was playing to my handicap without much trouble.
    I have been playing really well of late so I put my fore golf clubs back in my bag for today's round, just to see , and to my utter disgust back to hacking.
    These clubs feel alien ,all wrong for me, all I can think of is they made a mistake with my clubs with the specs when building them up.
    I will be getting in contact with Fore Golf to see what they think, I'll post back

and let ye all know what they have to say to this very very very disappointed
    customer.:mad:
    After getting back in touch with Foregolf I was asked to come back down to fix the problem, that was two and a half weeks ago, once again the session was fantastic by the end of it I was sparking balls again(a beautiful feeling).
    I just got my brand new refitted clubs about 3 hours ago, so same as the last time I put them straight into the car, and off to the range I go, this time it was different " I have never hit balls so well" this is the feeling I wanted from the start, I'm delighted with them.
    They got it wrong the first time with me(for whatever reason) but by Jesus they got it right this time, as soon as they were informed I had a problem they couldn't have been more eager to get me down to fix it "well done Foregolf bravo" .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What was the problem?

Did they mix your notes up with those of somebody else or something?

big_drive wrote: »
    What was the problem?

Did they mix your notes up with those of somebody else or something?

I have no idea, I didn't ask, to be honest all I wanted was to have it fixed, and fix it they did:D
    Accidents happen mistakes can be made, i think myself it was something as simple as I got someone elses clubs in stead of the ones I was originally fitted for, at the end of the day it's sorted out and sorted out to my great satisfaction .
    They didn't just tweek the original clubs they gave me a brand new set the whole shebang .

Great to hear u got sorted. What clubs did u get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

I have no idea, I didn't ask, to be honest all I wanted was to have it fixed, and fix it they did:D
    Accidents happen mistakes can be made, i think myself it was something as simple as I got someone elses clubs in stead of the ones I was originally fitted for, at the end of the day it's sorted out and sorted out to my great satisfaction .
    They didn't just tweek the original clubs they gave me a brand new set the whole shebang .

Happy it worked out. Enjoy your new babies. :D

big_drive wrote: »
    Great to hear u got sorted. What clubs did u get?

Titleist AP2 irons, 2 vokey wedges, and a new titleist 3 wood I think it's a 910 it's black a beautiful looking club, I had complete control over the ball in the range yesterday, love them:D:D:D

Did ya get to keep the first set? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Halfprice

big drive, i got the cg7 clevelands a few months ago and have to sayi love them.. Hittting them lovely and very little poor shots.Great clubs

Great stuff glad to hear that , looking fwd to getting my hands on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mr.mickels

Does Foregolf, or indeed any of the other pro shops take your old clubs as part exchange, I see some of the shops like AmericanGolf do, but you can't hit the ball outside is the drawback with them.
    Are Foregolf much more expensive than the likes of AmericanGolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

After getting back in touch with Foregolf I was asked to come back down to fix the problem, that was two and a half weeks ago, once again the session was fantastic by the end of it I was sparking balls again(a beautiful feeling).
    I just got my brand new refitted clubs about 3 hours ago, so same as the last time I put them straight into the car, and off to the range I go, this time it was different " I have never hit balls so well" this is the feeling I wanted from the start, I'm delighted with them.
    They got it wrong the first time with me(for whatever reason) but by Jesus they got it right this time, as soon as they were informed I had a problem they couldn't have been more eager to get me down to fix it "well done Foregolf bravo" .:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Were you charged for the second session? Or get a refund for the first (wrong) clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Booked a session for my Dad there a couple of weeks ago. He couldn't stop raving about the session. Low handicapper all his life playing with stock clubs. Says he hasn't hit the ball so well in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

madds wrote: »
    He explained that the type of steel TM used in the R9 didn't lend itself to being easily bent/modified

Ok I can accept this.
    madds wrote: »
    and they found it often returned to it's original shape after a certain time.

Were you really told this? So, If I understand correctly, after heating, bending and cooling it returns eventually to it's original shape? As an mechanical engineer, I'd love to have access to this "memory metal" I'd make a fortune! Or maybe, if they can't baffle you with science, they'll bamboozle you with bulls**t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Strange, I have a set of Taylormade R9 TP's and there was no problem with them being adjusted to my specs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement