Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going without a bra.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

sam34 wrote: »
    i only wear knickers in bed if i've my period, otherwise i sleep naked

(unless i'm in someone's house)

same as myself, its good for you not to wear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I used to be quite small, a B cup and happily went bra-less from time to time. I'm a D cup now though, so no, wouldn't go out without a bra. I dunno, just think a bra gives me a nicer shape in clothes and feels comfier. Never wear a bra to bed though, and if I'm just hanging around the house, wouldn't put one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

I'm quite small, A-B cup, but I wear a bra all the time during the day - I don't wear one at all in bed. I have a couple of bikini-like sheer bras with no wiring but don't wear them much - between them and going bra-less I look like I have no chest whatsoever! I don't wear padded bras either (don't believe in false advertising!) but I like the shape a good bra gives.

Saying that, after a long day sometime I want to rip the thing off me (like in Fr Ted - 'take off your bra!'):p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Can a bloke post in here? Without getting hammered?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Can a bloke post in here?

Provided you follow the rules outlined in the charter, yes.

• Advertisement

maple wrote: »
    Provided you follow the rules outlined in the charter, yes.

Done!

What I was going to say was that, personally, I like seeing a bit of cleavage.......just a little. Tastily done of course. Some girls look great without a bra, some don't(obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I love the free feeling of having no bra on! If i'm lounging around the house I'll never wear a bra. :D
    However, not if I was going somewhere or if I thought people would see me! :eek: I need the support. Whereas if I'm running up the stairs at home alone I can just grab a hold of them!!

I'll never understand people who sleep in bras though! I had to do it for a week and it was the most uncomfortable thing ever ever. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I know there have been a few topics on this...but I can't search for them because "bra" is such a short word :/

Do you see it as acceptable to go out in public without wearing a bra?.. (with other clothes covering your chest, obviously!)

I have a small chest (barely an A most of the time :/ ) and often don't wear a bra. Sometimes people have commented on it like if I just have a t-shirt on because of the er...nipple thing. But whatever I hate bras. And they never fit properly. Never, ever wear one around the house. Some of my friends even wear them in bed! I find this bizarre.

Er..discuss!

I don't think its 'unacceptable' to go about with no bra on. Though I think I'd find it a bit uncomfortable if I was having a conversation with a woman when her nipples were very obviously standing to attention =/

I'd love to be able to go without one, but I'm far to big and can't do without the support, and then theres the nipples thing again. If I was trying to hold a conversation with someone and I was the one standing to attention, I wouldn't be very comfortable with that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

I have to wear one (D/DD)! I'd love to be able to get away without it though. i find them quite uncomfortable at times, and i've always had rogue bras where the wire pops out and stabs me in the tit. always at work of course :rolleyes:

i dont wear one around the house or when i sleep though. is it true if you dont wear one pretty much all the time your boobs will sag faster without the support?

• Advertisement

if you can go without it then do! i think it's totally acceptable...except for someone with dirty pillows as big as mine. Going braless in my case would be a crime to humanity, not to mention very uncomfortable. I'd love to be able to go without a bra...and if anyone wishes to donate to my breast reduction fund, you will be helping me achieve my dreams :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

raz86 wrote: »
    i find them quite uncomfortable at times, and i've always had rogue bras where the wire pops out and stabs me in the tit. always at work of course :rolleyes:

I hate, hate, hate when this happens. It really hurts and you are stuck all day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

^ i thought it was just my bad luck! :D

jujibee wrote: »
    I hate, hate, hate when this happens. It really hurts and you are stuck all day :o

it's like you've been stabbed! I was in a meeting and one popped out in the middle going straight into my chest bone. I actually had to stop and catch my breath. The pain and fright was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    it's like you've been stabbed! I was in a meeting and one popped out in the middle going straight into my chest bone. I actually had to stop and catch my breath. The pain and fright was awful!

ouch! Yeah, I had on the slowly wore through over the course of the day and I ended up with a big cut on my cleavage. Luckily the bra soaked up the bleeding so I did not stain my shirt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I like seeing a bit of cleavage.......just a little. Tastily done of course.
    Heh heh... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

wow, I think it's weird that you guys wear them even though you find them uncomfortable, hate them AND have put up with the occasional wire stabbing.

I on the other hand love how they feel - find them extremely comfortable. I'd be in pain without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I also start the alphabet and just find bras more comfortable if youre out and about and look better under clothes no matter how small you are most times. I look young enough anyway, I don't think anyone would take me seriously if my nipples were staring at them as well :P I never wear real padded bras though, looking bigger is of no interest to me. If I was just lazing about the house, no way I'd bother putting on a bra or I'd happily ahem nip out to the shop without one, they are too uncomfortable to wear in bed but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I But whatever I hate bras. And they never fit properly. Never, ever wear one around the house. Some of my friends even wear them in bed! I find this bizarre.

Er..discuss!

You are an A as you have said. I am an E. i have gone from a size 24 where i was an E to a 16 and im still an E .

Some people cant help their boob size and we HAVE to wear a bra to bed otherwise we lean on them during the night and it hurts. So have a little sympathy because we wear bras in bed for a reason.

I would never not wear a bra. Even in the house on my own,But thats just me. Maybe if i had small boobs i would around the house but never outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

people with small boobs have feeling too :(

and less cushion for the pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

You are an A as you have said. I am an E. i have gone from a size 24 where i was an E to a 16 and im still an E .

Some people cant help their boob size and we HAVE to wear a bra to bed otherwise we lean on them during the night and it hurts. So have a little sympathy because we wear bras in bed for a reason.

Woah. No need to get shouty! I'm sorry. I know what you mean I about the big boobs thing. Actually I made a thread about it a while back. (I swear I'm not boob-obsessed!) Mentioning in the first post that I can understand why those with larger chests sometimes wear bras in bed. What I meant to say is that I know people (with normal sized chests) who wear bras in bed because they think they have to.

And your status tag-line even says "bra" - kinda... :pac:

Yeah, in fairness I know you weren't putting down anyone Lia - I just know what u_c_thesecond means re the wearing it to bed thing.

It's strange - I do have big enough boobs but there are girls whose boobs are way bigger. I've two friends who are sisters and theirs are a H cup or something - and they don't always wear a bra. My back/arms hurt if I don't! Might be a cost-saving operation too though, as they can't even buy bras in the shops, they have to order them online! :eek:

Dudess wrote: »
    And your status tag-line even says "bra" - kinda... :pac:

Yeah, in fairness I know you weren't putting down anyone Lia - I just know what u_c_thesecond means re the wearing it to bed thing.

It's strange - I do have big enough boobs but there are girls whose boobs are way bigger. I've two friends who are sisters and theirs are a H cup or something - and they don't always wear a bra. My back/arms hurt if I don't! Might be a cost-saving operation too though, as they can't even buy bras in the shops, they have to order them online! :eek:

Sue Ellen's in newbridge sell up tp a JJ...tell you friends! (No i'm not associated with them in any way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

jujibee wrote: »
    raz86 wrote: »
    rogue bras where the wire pops out and stabs me in the tit. always at work of course :rolleyes:

Can you not just pull the wire out at that point? Or do you end up lop-sided...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I got badly sunburnt two years ago and I had to go without a bra because it hurt so much. I thought I'd love it but I found it to be very uncomfortable, they bounced too much :D

Dudess wrote: »
    Heh heh... :pac:

What's funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I love not wearing a bra, most days I do wear one though (34C) but there is nothing nicer than coming home and taking it off and slouching in pjs or trackies. I do leave the house without one from time to time - running to the supermarket, walking the dog etc.

I come from a family of women who either got whoppers or "disprins on an ironing board". My eldest sister is 42H and can never go without her "scaffolding", my second eldest sister is 32A and most of the time just wears a vest.

I love not wearing a bra, most days I do wear one though (34C) but there is nothing nicer than coming home and taking it off and slouching in pjs or trackies. I do leave the house without one from time to time - running to the supermarket, walking the dog etc.

I come from a family of women who either got whoppers or "disprins on an ironing board". My eldest sister is 42H and can never go without her "scaffolding", my second eldest sister is 32A and most of the time just wears a vest.

LOL

• Advertisement

What's funny?
    I'm assuming you meant "tastefully". "Tastily" would be more of a "bitty" thing... :D

Advertisement