Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STORM CINEMA LIMERICK GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rooney1234

no dont work there, just enjoy films and cinema, only thing I look at on here. Only new(ish) to area. Made it my business to talk to GM as I dont like Omliplex and he said Digital this month and heating fixed soon as they had some major issue with contractor or something. He said few other things happening which could be costa? just he said he was not allowed to say. Very open/easy guy to talk to if you ask him about things happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

both cinemas in the city are Fcuking useless. I have countless examples of ineptitude. Lost count of many times the speakers haven't worked, they have the wrong frame etc. Went to see Warrior a few months ago, they had put the wrong movie into the projector (i **** you not) in storm 2 years ago we went to see the wrestler and the film burned out 15 mins before the end. it's laughable. neither cinema seems to do anything about the amount of scumbags who sit and talk (or make noises resembleing talking) or people pricking around on their phones for the whole movie. and to top it off, this week i had hoped to see either Shame or Margin Call, and sure enough neither is being shown in Limerick for some reason. The omniplex still has **** like Breaking Dawn and Tower Heist playing. Going to the cinema used to be a pleasurable thing to do, now it's just an ordeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rooney1234

Was out in Storm last to watch Avengers.... Some Film!!! the costa is there and they seem to be painting everywhere and new wires and cables everywhere so seem to be upgrading?? all the poster boards were down and new cables so could be changing them too?? Asked For the GM but was not in, will keep posted as gonna go again next week to watch Dark Shadows..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I know the Storm could really do with a bit of change in terms of customer service, heating problems etc.
    But I know at least two people that work in there and unfortunately it isn't always up to the employees to change these things, as far as I am aware.
    The management from the UK isn't the greatest I have been told - they pretty much live by the motto: neglect is the best type of care... Also, the suggestions from the employees to improve this place are not always taken on board by the managers in the Storm which is equally as frustrating for the employees as it is for the customers.

That said, I know these aren't excuses for bad customer service but at the same time it may give people an understanding what the reasons for these shortcomings are.

For complaints, I would recommend you bother one of the managers in a friendly but determined manner - and if you do, you should do it straight after a problem occurs (such as a the heating being off). Don't wait until a week later to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I was there recently enough, it was eerie quiet (for a Saturday), the place had a somewhat run down feel to it I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Went on release night of avengers to omniplex, it was sold out so said we would chance storm, rang them about 15 minutes before it started and they said the cinema was only half full. When we got there it was less then half full and was for the whole movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I was there on opening day for Avengers. I was going to be late getting out of work so prebooked ticket online and popped over at lunch to collect it from the credit card machine.

The machine had no receipt paper yet still flagged the ticket as being collected :mad:

Thankfully the staff were very helpful and sorted me out with a written receipt for later. I got the impression they were as frustrated with the machines as the customers are.

The film was shown in Screen 3 which is a nice new digital one and for the first time in ages there was no issues with the screening. No crackly bass and no 10% of the left screen missing so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Limericks wrote: »
    Went on release night of avengers to omniplex, it was sold out so said we would chance storm, rang them about 15 minutes before it started and they said the cinema was only half full. When we got there it was less then half full and was for the whole movie.

There was 350 people at a special screening that night, that must be why yours seemed empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭pigtown

KerranJast wrote: »
    I was there on opening day for Avengers. I was going to be late getting out of work so prebooked ticket online and popped over at lunch to collect it from the credit card machine.

The machine had no receipt paper yet still flagged the ticket as being collected :mad:

Thankfully the staff were very helpful and sorted me out with a written receipt for later. I got the impression they were as frustrated with the machines as the customers are.

The film was shown in Screen 3 which is a nice new digital one and for the first time in ages there was no issues with the screening. No crackly bass and no 10% of the left screen missing so all good.

Don't work at Storm but this is something I can relate to. When the heating goes or the internet connection goes down or some of the machines stop working at my job, yes it's annoying for the customer but it's even worse for the staff who don't have the authority or the ability to fix the problem and have to deal with annoyed customers. It's often the same for the managers who equally don't have the ability to fix the heating and possibly aren't provided the funds from the top to properly sort out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Did any of the screenings of The Avengers have english subtitles on them?

I was there for the previews on the thursday and there were subtitles for about an hr of the film and then they went off. Was wondering if it was a special showing for deaf people but seeing as they didnt last the whole film hopefully not.

Was quite distracting tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gallivaj

So went to odeon last night - cinema was full, no air conditioning it was roasting and so uncomfortable... seriously is it too much to ask for the air con to be turned on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gallivaj wrote: »
    So went to odeon last night - cinema was full, no air conditioning it was roasting and so uncomfortable... seriously is it too much to ask for the air con to be turned on!!

they can never get it right its either roasting or freezing. just go to showtime

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Has it not rebranded to the Odeon yet? Thought the website said it was... And with rebranding, you'd imagine a fixing up of all the issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

krudler wrote: »
    they can never get it right its either roasting or freezing. just go to showtime

Showtime is a great cinema, but I go there mainly for geographical reasons, since I'm coming in from Ennis. But I'm glad it's the nearest one from there.
    Digital projection, seen Prometheus, looked awesome. Wouldn't watch that in Ennis, I don't think they are equipped for it.
    And one thing that stood out for me:
    A lot of cinemas can never get the sound right! It's either too low or blaring at you at Concorde at takeoff levels.
    Showtime had it perfect, just the right level in scenes where there was dialogue, but in scenes where spaceships where taking off or landing, you'd be lifted off your seat by the sheer sound pressure, but it never got annoying or painfully loud.
    I give them a near 10 out of 10 for sound and vision.
    My only criticism of the Showtime: Some objects appeared to have a fuzzy ring around them if they where brighter than the rest of the scene. But that is really a minor thing.
    And anyone who has seen that self-service surgery booth scene, Ridley likes his bit of gore, doesn't he?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I went back to Storm/Odeon for first time yesterday to see Snow White & to my surprise I found they'd redone the cinema & its a vast improve. They aren't as good as Showtime but at least its a step in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mods,

I know this thread is a couple of years old now, so apologies if I'm doing the wrong thing by commenting here. I just thought it might be better than starting a new thread, when it's the same thing that I wanted to mention.

I usually go to Showtime when I go to the cinema (mainly from a location point of view) but wanted to see 12 years a slave today and the only time that suited me was the 2.15 showing in the Odeon.

Went with a friend of mine and the place was so cold that we both had to keep our coats on for the entire 2+ hours that the film was on. I had a scarf on as well. The air-con was on full blast and the place was absolutely freezing.

There were only about 10 people there so it wasn't necessary to have ANY air con on, let alone have it turned up as high as it could possibly go.
    As today was a pretty miserable day, it would have made a lot more sense to have the heating on in there.

I emailed Odeon about this and got back a very half hearted reply about how "Odeon aim to heat our cinemas to an acceptable level for our guests", and that the details of my email "have been recorded for our maintenance teams to monitor".

Is this still a regular problem here? I don't know because as I say it's not where I'd usually go, but I have been to the Omniplex a few times as well and have never found a problem like that there either.

I think I'll stick to the Ennis Road from now on anyway, but was just curious as to whether Odeon is always that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Went there this evening at 6:15 to see that awkward moment was in screen 7 now I have to saw was my first time going out there since oden took over and was just ok for heat like but kept my jacket on, like yourself now show time would be my usual one.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

Showtime Ennis Road is a great cinema...always warm, and the staff are friendly ....Tuesdays are becoming very popular because of the discount tickets....

Cinema tickets are not cheap in ireland ... so sitting in the cold is not on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Showtime Ennis Road is a great cinema...always warm, and the staff are friendly ....Tuesdays are becoming very popular because of the discount tickets....

Cinema tickets are not cheap in ireland ... so sitting in the cold is not on!!!

This is a huge issue. In the UK I pay £15 a month for unlimited viewing

Advertisement