Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STORM CINEMA LIMERICK GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi,

have read the first page or so of this thread... just to add I too stopped going to Storm about a year ago.

Was kicking myself the last time I went and only go there now to drop the kids off if they've been unfortunate enough to have been invited to a party at Storm rather than the omniplex.

The cold was never an issue with me as I'd stopped going by then. It's the omniplex for me every time. :D

Reasons for me:-

Ratio was off more often than not (found this to be VERY rare in other cinemas) and no one working there seemed to notice. Went through the entire screening of one movie with it off. Nobody seemed bothered to complain, which I can understand as it's too much hassle.

We found Storm to be far more likely to have a disruptive element.

And the killer after buying tickets and some drinks and food at the counter I had to take out a second mortgage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rooney1234

Storm showing the Inbetwenners movie!!!!!!!!!!! next wk!!!! for some reason omliplex not showing. was in storm yesterday to see ape film. No issues, def cleaning a lot better than used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

myself, my wife and 4 kids went to see the new planet of the apes movie on thursday afternoon.
    when we came into the screen room in question, there were a few teenagers sitting at the back giggling and laughing constantly, then we noticed a very strong smell of human waste, the solid kind!
    looking down at the front row we noticed the one cup holder seemed to be stuffed with toilet paper or tissue.
    long story short someone had made a crap in the cup holder and covered it with tissue!
    draw your own conclusions!
    what kinda person does that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Someone who didnt want to miss out on the movie they were watching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggot12345

was at storm yesterday
    couldn't fault a thing, movie great and very comfy seats. Perfectly clean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Everyone vote with your feet. I refuse to go to storm now. terrible cinema. Everything is overpriced. Crap screens, crap seats, no leg room and filthy rooms.

I have emailed storm with my complaints and I will post back here when they reply, or if they reply.

Seriously, o2 treats 4 euro tickets is the best thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,482 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been to storm pretty much once a week for the last 5 years. That changed 5 weeks ago.

I said I'd give the Omni a try and haven't looked back. Better value for money by far, the cinema is spotless, they have security who actually kick messers out (and I've seen it happen) and the projectionist is awake at the start of the movie (so no messed up aspect ratios or broken sound).

When Storm opened, they were light years ahead of the Omniplex. Its amazing to see how much that has turned around. 5 movies x 2 people (plus food) = €100+ less for Storm in the last month. If more people do this, then maybe they'll cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Omniplex convert here as well went to see Captain America in 2d (have had enough of 3d) week before last in omni and it was spotless and the sound and picture were faultless.

Popcorn and drink a little small a large drink should fill the cup holder thus 20 bucks a month out of storm as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ralphswurld

FutureGuy wrote: »
    25 euro for 2 tickets to Transformers 3D and the girl at the counter was pretty rude too. Did they pass on the VAT reduction at all?

I also watched the movie it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I dunno guys! I was at the 9:20 showing The Inbetweeners last night and the film cut out completely about fifteen minutes before the end. It took about ten minutes for them to fix it. Really, really annoying.

Both of Limerick's cinemas...kinda suck!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

sioda wrote: »
    Popcorn and drink a little small a large drink should fill the cup holder thus 20 bucks a month
    out of storm as well

Sorry, come again? I think you turned over two pages at once in the middle of that sentence.
    Will only go to the cinema if there's something REALLY spectacular on, cheap DVD's and those naughty, illegal downloads (Which I would never do, of course!), plus the recession, have pretty much taken their toll on cinemas.
    I don't think Storm will learn, they are clearly run by morons who seem to think that whatever they're doing is great, no need for action, everything's dandy and it's the people that are wrong.
    These businesses will fail and the people in charge will for the rest of their lives wonder what went wrong. I've seen it so many times, new business starting out well, then they get lazy, everything goes to sh*t and finally they sink. And they will never know what they did wrong, despite the fact that thousands of people are screaming the answer at them.
    And the funniest thing:
    It is SO easy to do it right!
    Just pay attention, make sure everything works, listen to your staff and customers, keep it clean and hire the best people you can possibly afford. It doesn't cost a lot more, but will pay for itself ten times over.
    But these days it seems to be the fashion to use a business simply as a cashcow, neglect it, ignore the customers, run it into the ground and then move onto something else.
    It used to be that people opened a business because they where good at something and had pride in it, these days you simply hire a businessman (i.e shyster and conman) to see how many corners can be cut, how much money can be squeezed and how little a service or product you can possibly offer as an excuse to take money from people.
    Pride in your business has been replaced by "how much money can I screw out of this thing before it implodes". That same attitude has brought the world to it's knees, because the world market is in the hands of chancers, conmem, criminals and gamblers who would gladly ruin an entire country if there's only half a percent more in it for them.
    World to hell in a handcart, end of the western world and so forth, I know, but to me it's a symptom of a wider issue.
    How many businesses can anyone name that are independently run, offer a good, unique product and that pride themselves to offer the best quality?
    About three if I had a few hours to research it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Sorry, come again? I think you turned over two pages at once in the middle of that sentence.
    Will only go to the cinema if there's something REALLY spectacular on, cheap DVD's and those naughty, illegal downloads (Which I would never do, of course!), plus the recession, have pretty much taken their toll on cinemas.
    I don't think Storm will learn, they are clearly run by morons who seem to think that whatever they're doing is great, no need for action, everything's dandy and it's the people that are wrong.
    These businesses will fail and the people in charge will for the rest of their lives wonder what went wrong. I've seen it so many times, new business starting out well, then they get lazy, everything goes to sh*t and finally they sink. And they will never know what they did wrong, despite the fact that thousands of people are screaming the answer at them.
    And the funniest thing:
    It is SO easy to do it right!
    Just pay attention, make sure everything works, listen to your staff and customers, keep it clean and hire the best people you can possibly afford. It doesn't cost a lot more, but will pay for itself ten times over.
    But these days it seems to be the fashion to use a business simply as a cashcow, neglect it, ignore the customers, run it into the ground and then move onto something else.
    It used to be that people opened a business because they where good at something and had pride in it, these days you simply hire a businessman (i.e shyster and conman) to see how many corners can be cut, how much money can be squeezed and how little a service or product you can possibly offer as an excuse to take money from people.
    Pride in your business has been replaced by "how much money can I screw out of this thing before it implodes". That same attitude has brought the world to it's knees, because the world market is in the hands of chancers, conmem, criminals and gamblers who would gladly ruin an entire country if there's only half a percent more in it for them.
    World to hell in a handcart, end of the western world and so forth, I know, but to me it's a symptom of a wider issue.
    How many businesses can anyone name that are independently run, offer a good, unique product and that pride themselves to offer the best quality?
    About three if I had a few hours to research it.
    What does this have to do with my post ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

sioda wrote: »
    What does this have to do with my post ????

Sorry, only the first bit, the rest does indeed have nothing to do with your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mr. K wrote: »
    I dunno guys! I was at the 9:20 showing The Inbetweeners last night and the film cut out completely about fifteen minutes before the end. It took about ten minutes for them to fix it. Really, really annoying.

Both of Limerick's cinemas...kinda suck!

I was there too,not impressed at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I was there too,not impressed at all

Was this in the omniplex?

Was there last week in screen 8 to see the inbetweeners, the sound and picture quality was terrible. I know someone that went to see horrible bosses in the same screen and the sound and picture was poor also. They let them know but it was basically shrugged off.

While I have found omniplex to be much better, both cinemas standards are very poor for they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Jofspring wrote: »

Was there last week in screen 8 to see the inbetweeners, the sound and picture quality was terrible. I know someone that went to see horrible bosses in the same screen and the sound and picture was poor also. They let them know but it was basically shrugged off.

While I have found omniplex to be much better, both cinemas standards are very poor for they charge.

The screen was all over the place for the ads,they even ran one of them twice for some reason! :rolleyes:

Then with about 5-10 minutes of the movie left,everything went blank.Took around 20 minutes to sort it.

Jofspring wrote: »

Was there last week in screen 8 to see the inbetweeners, the sound and picture quality was terrible.

It was Omniplex, screen one. I'll probably go to Storm in future, they've screwed up less (which seems like a sorry state of affairs).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Do regular patrons know how bad this cinema is, or is it a case of people not being too fussy about quality? I know there is no other cinema nearby but if it's as bad as people say, how does it attract any customers at all???

I would happily do without it rather than paying good money to this crowd for a cr*p service. Surely people should vote with their feet and let it close down or get sorted once and for all?

Isn't it typical of the attitude of us Irish? We put up with poor service, then grumble, but keep going back for more.

Hopefully the new cinema in Jetland will give mobile cinema-goers an option whenever it opens.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

People having a bad experience will be far more likely to complain than those who've had a positive experience.

Personally, I've never had any issue with Storm.

If it was generally as bad as this thread makes out, it would've shut long ago.

Fair Point. I have never had any issues with STORM. Pleace is a lot cleaner now than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Went to the Omniplex last week to see Super8 as the times in Storm didn't suit. From reading this thread you'd think they were poles apart. Really didn't see any difference between them except for the fact that the screen we were in in the Omniplex was TINY and at Half 8 on a Saturday night the Omniplex was deserted. Any Saturday night i've been to Storm it's been mobbed so obviously this thread isn't indicative of how alot of people feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eirn

Went to Storm this afternoon to see Jane Eyre. They showed the last half hour of the film first! They then showed the rest of the film, I know it's not like I didn't know how the story was going to end, but still, it's pretty crap! The place was also icy cold as usual, sound quality all over the place, from ear bleedinly loud, to muffled and incomprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭phog

eirn wrote: »
    Went to Storm this afternoon to see Jane Eyre. They showed the last half hour of the film first! They then showed the rest of the film, I know it's not like I didn't know how the story was going to end, but still, it's pretty crap! The place was also icy cold as usual, sound quality all over the place, from ear bleedinly loud, to muffled and incomprehensible.

Crazy :(

Did you complain, did you get your money back?

We were just going to pop out and say it to someone, when a staffmember came in to announce what we already knew, kindly explained that there had been 'a bit of a mix up' and go find a supervisor when the film is over if anyone still has a problem!
    I think a couple of people got comps. It really isn't like I can afford to throw away money, but I just wanted to leave! My head was splitting, and I was turning blue from the cold! I'd be reluctant to go there again, even if it was for free!

eirn wrote: »

Oooh, that's an unholy mess.

Was speaking to the Gm in limerick storm, and they are going FULLY DIGITAL next month with new sound systems in time for Twighlight Weekend. Good news!! which gets rid of all the old sound issues and screen problems. Looks like there is more things happening also between now and new year but he was not allowed to say yet.

Thats great, now if they could only fix the heating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I went there bout 2 wks ago to see the 3 Musketeers & the cinema itself was freezing, I have to say I was disappointed. I didnt bother complaining as I was using comps that I had recieved from Storm for my last visit there! I have one more comp ticket left & unless there is sum major improvements i dont think i'll be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Rooney1234 wrote: »
    Was speaking to the Gm in limerick storm, and they are going FULLY DIGITAL next month with new sound systems in time for Twighlight Weekend. Good news!! which gets rid of all the old sound issues and screen problems. Looks like there is more things happening also between now and new year but he was not allowed to say yet.

Do you work for Storm by any chance Rooney1234? Storm seems to be one of the few things that interests you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Well wasnt it also mentioned in the limerick jobs section that costa is looking for staff for in storm?

Advertisement