Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Crusade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. While PWG, Evolve, DGUSA and ROH might present a better product - none of them are in a position to compete with WWE in the next ten years bar them securing a serious financial backer. Let's face it, most likely the vast majority of people that watch iMPACT! watch Raw aswell - they won't "continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product", they'll just watch WWE. And to say TNA has "produced nothing but ****e" is equally stupid. What about The Guns/Beer Money? The countless classic X-Division matches? The Angle/Joe feud? The Foley/Sting feud? Angle/Anderson? Triple X/AMW? New Church/AMW? Ultimate X? National exposure for wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't have gotten a good shot in WWE? A place for a lot more wrestlers and production staff to make a good living? Nevermind the fact that the product is never as bad as people make it out to be and the fact that people conveniently ignore the fact that the booking has been much stronger lately.

TNA have many flaws but them going out of business would be terrible from both the perspective of both fans and wrestlers. Wanting them to go out of business is an emotional response based off elements of their product rather than a rational response based on the facts and their assets and potential. I've yet to see a reasonable argument otherwise.

TNA ARE NOT IN ANY POSITION TO COMPETE WITH WWE EITHER AND NEVER WILL. THEY'RE NOT EVEN A BLIP ON THE RADAR.

Sorry for the capitals MF, but you continually counter people's anti-TNA argument with the point if TNA goes belly-upthat ROH et al won't be able to compete with Vince. So what? Neither do TNA.

I wouldn't care if TNA went bust, I gave up on them years ago. There's lots of guys I love on their roster, but I'd enjoy the way they'd be properly booked and utilised in ROH, DGUSA, PWG and Evolve and in Japan far more than anything TNA will ever come up with. None of them have had anything close to their best matches in TNA anyway.

I just started watching that video, thats actually Gerard C.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    TNA ARE NOT IN ANY POSITION TO COMPETE WITH WWE EITHER AND NEVER WILL. THEY'RE NOT EVEN A BLIP ON THE RADAR.

Sorry for the capitals MF, but you continually counter people's anti-TNA argument with the point if TNA goes belly-upthat ROH et al won't be able to compete with Vince. So what? Neither do TNA.

I'm not talking about going head to head with WWE. I'm talking about a viable alternative for both fans and wrestlers. TNA are the only company in a position to offer that on a large scale in terms of reach and pay for wrestlers. I've already stated earlier that TNA will always be number 2 but them going going out of business would be extremely detrimental to the wrestling business.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are you serious?
    You can't be..

I'm not talking about going head to head with WWE. I'm talking about a viable alternative for both fans and wrestlers. TNA are the only company in a position to offer that on a large scale in terms of reach and pay for wrestlers. I've already stated earlier that TNA will always be number 2 but them going going out of business would be extremely detrimental to the wrestling business.

Whatever way you phrase it, the numbers suggest that not many wrestling fans view TNA as a viable alternative. The only people who would miss TNA if it were gone are TNA loyalists who seem to watch it no matter what kind of drivel they produce. They are not a viable alternative for the vast majority of wrestling fans, nobody buys their PPVs. Their audience does not grow or has never really grown that dramatically in their history. They sell out the National Boxing Arena. WWE sells out the Point.

The PW business is now comprised of WWE and then everyone else miles behind as a tiny dot on the landscape. TNA are Number 2 alright but really their number 11 or somethng as WWE are not only number 1, their numbers 2 to 9 as well. Its like celebrating getting beaten 5-0 by saying at least it wasn't 6.

If they went bust, of course it'd be sad for all the wrestlers, but as you say yourself they'd all do fine on the indies and selfishly, I'd enjoy them wrestling far more in an environment where they weren't saddled with stupid booking and kept down by geriatrc egoes.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Are you serious?
    You can't be..

Haha no, Jesus I better nip this in the bud before I hit the sack.:pac:

Haha no, Jesus I better nip this in the bud before I hit the sack.:pac:

And before you get Ger a ban for duplicate accounts! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I cut my hair a few weeks ago after losing a bet with MULLANE over hair growth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

Time to get old school Bubs 101 out
    This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
    Broaden your horizons
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576
    While PWG, Evolve, DGUSA and ROH might present a better product - none of them are in a position to compete with WWE in the next ten years bar them securing a serious financial backer.

TNA have a seriously deluded financial backer and their not serious competition.

Let's face it, most likely the vast majority of people that watch iMPACT! watch Raw aswell - they won't "continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product", they'll just watch WWE. And to say TNA has "produced nothing but ****e" is equally stupid.

The wrestlers have done good stuff in spite of TNA production. And while most people do their key demographics are different so there is a different audience
    What about The Guns/Beer Money? The countless classic X-Division matches? The Angle/Joe feud? The Foley/Sting feud? Angle/Anderson? Triple X/AMW? New Church/AMW? Ultimate X? National exposure for wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't have gotten a good shot in WWE? A place for a lot more wrestlers and production staff to make a good living? Nevermind the fact that the product is never as bad as people make it out to be and the fact that people conveniently ignore the fact that the booking has been much stronger lately.

You can't polish a turd
    TNA have many flaws but them going out of business would be terrible from both the perspective of both fans and wrestlers. Wanting them to go out of business is an emotional response based off elements of their product rather than a rational response based on the facts and their assets and potential. I've yet to see a reasonable argument otherwise.

TNA staying in business is bad for both fans and wrestlers. It's embarrasing for fans and taking up the second slot which could be used by a better product. It's inability to compete is actually shoring up WWE's Hegemony and slowly killing the business making it bad for wrestlers. It'll also take anybody regardless of health or personnal issues encouraging the self destructive behaviour that has plagued wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bubs102 wrote: »
    TNA staying in business is bad for both fans and wrestlers. It's embarrasing for fans and taking up the second slot which could be used by a better product. It's inability to compete is actually shoring up WWE's Hegemony and slowly killing the business making it bad for wrestlers. It'll also take anybody regardless of health or personnal issues encouraging the self destructive behaviour that has plagued wrestling

Its embarrasing for some fans, such as yourself, not for others. I find the PPVs thourghly enjoyable and more often then not id prefer to watch them then WWE ppvs. Beer Money v MCMG or Santino & Kozlov v The Usos? Now i know there are other alternative wrestling shows out there that may be put in their tv slot, but these shows dont really have the money to compete with WWE either, and maybe not even compete with TNA (in some cases). Where could we see Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy or AJ on a regular basis

TNA isnt killing the business, its providing a viable option for wrestling fans.

In fairness Kurt Angle is a perfect example of them taking a self destructive person, but now he looks healthy again and everything seems to be on track for him. Jeff Hardy is another example but WWE wanted to keep him also. In fairness they should e doing more for wrestlers, however its the wrestlers fault as much as the company? The Schedule for TNA wrestlers aint as bad as one for WWE either, so in theory they wouldnt be in as much pain, and resort to drugs to relieve said pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the chief stands alone.

Tna have to break a massive monopoly most people aren't even aware it exists especially in Europe. The name WWE/WWF is synonymous with pw competing isn't as much an issue as getting the exposure needed. The only televised TNA I know of is on extreme sports with Bravo off air and bravo were weeks behind recorded shows, for long periods of time they were parallel with spikes free episodes on their site. As far as the self destructive behavior you don't see recording labels or even film agencies dropping people when they develop a drug habit, I'm afraid it's just a part of the business some good apples some bad apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Why any wrestling fan would want any wrestling company to go belly up is truly beyond me!If you dont like something then dont watch it.

I'm not a massive TNA fan but I'm still happy that I can turn on my TV and see another wrestling show besides Raw and SD!.Sure there is some stupid shít on Impact but in my opinion the matches(that you would rarely see in WWE) put on by the likes of Beer Money/MCMG/AJ/Joe/Angle etc..far outweigh it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

well guys, moving on from whether tna should go bust or whatever (Personally i feel it shouldnt, i think its actually small bit enjoyable).. dont know if im i the right forum but anyone know off any matches that will be on or wat wrestlers will be round for a meet and greet.. went to the last one in boxing arena wit 4 mates and can say we all enjoyed it.. been to 4 wwe events and tna was miles ahead, prob the fac tit was smaller audience and met few wrestlers.. anyways, if anyone hears anything, ya might post... cheers:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I suppose i should point out that a fairer phrase to use would be "TNA deserve to go out of business (for their ignorant, numerous mistakes both small and large, in every aspect of the company)"

So anyone's haranguing about unemployment is not factored in here -- it's simply the company's business model being attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

nothanksu.jpg

Took me a bit to figure out that your post was a picture of boards!

I don't agree with going/asking others to go to TNA just to harangue other TNA goers and try ruin their evening. I can't imagine that 30 signatures and a lot of disgruntled parents would do any good at all. Everyone paid to see TNA to have a good time. It'd be more effective getting some loud anti-TNA Creative chants going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I don't get all the anti -TNA opinions, especially when WWE is so terrible. Yes the shaky cameras in TNA are annoying, and the storylines are either great or terrible week in week out. But in terms of wrestlers and wrestling matches- miles ahead. That's why I watch it anyway.

I don't get all the anti -TNA opinions, especially when WWE is so terrible. Yes the shaky cameras in TNA are annoying, and the storylines are either great or terrible week in week out. But in terms of wrestlers and wrestling matches- miles ahead. That's why I watch it anyway.

Personally speaking i watch it for variety.

Is wwe perfect all the time? No. Has it good points above the competitors? Yes.
    Is tna perfect all the time? No. And etc etc etc.

To me when i went to TNA in the national stadium 2 years ago it was the most enjoyable live wrestling experience ive ever had. I would have next to no reason to go to a live wwe show these days. (barring a big taping/PPV)

If this lad starts trying to shout at wrestlers mid match and disrupt the proceedings or something, i for one wont be happy and may have to have a word with the guy.

I don't think he's bought a ticket for the show, thank god, he's just going to hang around outside the stadium trying to get people to sign his petition.

But even is he's hassling people outside the arena, he's still cruising for a bruising if you ask me. Especially if he starts slagging off TNA and Machismo Fan is within earshot.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I don't think he's bought a ticket for the show,

Oh yeah. He never got back to me if he wanted mine. But he's missed out on it now.

• Advertisement

I don't think he's bought a ticket for the show, thank god, he's just going to hang around outside the stadium trying to get people to sign his petition.

But even is he's hassling people outside the arena, he's still cruising for a bruising if you ask me. Especially if he starts slagging off TNA and Machismo Fan is within earshot.

Definitely. Either you're there to enjoy the show, in which case it isn't wanted, or you're willing to put your hostility aside and try to enjoy the show, and again it's not wanted. Nobody wants to hear/argue the show they're about to see is a load of sh*t.

Irish people are far too nice but I hope someone gets this guy to piss off and stop hassling people. The internet is the place for it lol.

If you are going to the TNA Dublin Show on the 24th, then I think you should all see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRT4HofDHjI :D

So how many people signed the petition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

my guess is zero

Yep probably zero at most.

Yep probably zero at most.

I signed it.

I signed it "Ger C" mind. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did he kill TNA yet guys?

Anyone else surprised at the number of Nexus t-shirts at the TNA show?

and for that matter, WWE t-shirts at a TNA show? How rude! :pac:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyone else surprised at the number of Nexus t-shirts at the TNA show?

and for that matter, WWE t-shirts at a TNA show? How rude! :pac:

Directly across from where the 'nexus' were sitting was 2 'nwo' members.
    I thought there would be trouble :pac:

One idiot went up to Dixie with the spinner belt on Hi's shoulder.
    Couldn't believe it! I facepalmed when he got to her.

Directly across from where the 'nexus' were sitting was 2 'nwo' members.
    I thought there would be trouble :pac:

I was wearing an nWo t-shirt. That, and the Eddie Guererro tribute t-shirt are the only t-shirts I own, so I didn't have much to choose from!

Two rows back from me there were a group of five mates all in Nexus t-shirts. At Intermission they went down to ring-side and posed for photos, was pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I signed it.

I signed it "Ger C" mind. :p

Hahahaha sound!

Advertisement