Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Crusade

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Here's the thing though, TNA has presented us with amazing wrestling over the years. Even in 2010 there were brilliant match ups and feuds, such as the Beer Money/MCMG series.

TNA is more than capable of presenting some of the best wrestling you can find today, and that is a stone cold fact. The problem with TNA is that when they find out that they have a good thing, they move on from it instantly without learning. If TNA learned from the brilliant presentation of the Joe/Angle cage match from a few years back then it would be taken alot more series in fans eyes.

Russo isn't the only booker in the company, and although he has come up alot of **** over the years he has produced fine television also. If he had a better filter system then TNA would be laughing.

Agreed. TNA has always been able of greatness --they have the most talented roster amongst ANY WWE TV roster-- but have consistently failed to live up to even 25% of their potential. For every AJ/Willams they've 5 Morgan/Andersons.

TNA's problem has never been the talent of it's roster, it's been everything f**king else!!

I also believe that Russo's the head booker and it's his influence that has everyone else saying that 5 storylines per show and multiple developments is a good thing and why sh*t like this makes it to air :
    Joe asks Pope why he hasn't delivered puppies to the orphanage; in a 'large development' for an angle that won't lead to this Sunday's Genesis.
    Bravo, TNA. Actually, you don't have bravo anymore :pac:

Also,
    D-Von says Bubba Ray called him up to do a "retirement angle"

Fúck this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Personally I think it's completely irrational to expect a company that's produced nothing but ****e to improve. Rationally i would hope that TNA goes out of business and people who liked the product but don't like the WWE and Spike who want to continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. While PWG, Evolve, DGUSA and ROH might present a better product - none of them are in a position to compete with WWE in the next ten years bar them securing a serious financial backer. Let's face it, most likely the vast majority of people that watch iMPACT! watch Raw aswell - they won't "continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product", they'll just watch WWE. And to say TNA has "produced nothing but ****e" is equally stupid. What about The Guns/Beer Money? The countless classic X-Division matches? The Angle/Joe feud? The Foley/Sting feud? Angle/Anderson? Triple X/AMW? New Church/AMW? Ultimate X? National exposure for wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't have gotten a good shot in WWE? A place for a lot more wrestlers and production staff to make a good living? Nevermind the fact that the product is never as bad as people make it out to be and the fact that people conveniently ignore the fact that the booking has been much stronger lately.

TNA have many flaws but them going out of business would be terrible from both the perspective of both fans and wrestlers. Wanting them to go out of business is an emotional response based off elements of their product rather than a rational response based on the facts and their assets and potential. I've yet to see a reasonable argument otherwise.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I also believe that Russo's the head booker and it's his influence that has everyone else saying that 5 storylines per show and multiple developments is a good thing and why sh*t like this makes it to air :
    Joe asks Pope why he hasn't delivered puppies to the orphanage; in a 'large development' for an angle that won't lead to this Sunday's Genesis.
    Bravo, TNA. Actually, you don't have bravo anymore :pac:.

I actually much prefer that they didn't rush that onto the PPV and
    the angle is quite intriguing in regards to whether Pope is lying or not but unfortunately people always want instant gratification.

I have to say I actually enjoyed the Fish Market Street Fight. You can't take a match involving Curry Man and Shark Boy seriously and if you didn't it was actually pretty fun.

I'd still insist that Russo only booked those few PPV's of great matches because he thought he was out of a job and was looking to get some fans behind him and show how much they love the product.

I don't think you can possibly come up with reasonable excuses for the plethora of sh1t that has been thrown at the fans while Russo's been in charge. I can list of a ream of awful gimmick matches but what is the point?

I'm shocked that the addition of Hogan and Bischoff had no effect on the pacing of the show/storylines; (although TNA have in general, took away our spot-fests, which were the only good things about TNA) HogOff definitely have no bearing on how the company is run.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't think you can possibly come up with reasonable excuses for the plethora of sh1t that has been thrown at the fans while Russo's been in charge. I can list of a ream of awful gimmick matches but what is the point?

I'm not saying there is, I'm just saying that the Fish Market Street Fight was enjoyable.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

TNA have many flaws but them going out of business would be terrible from both the perspective of both fans and wrestlers. Wanting them to go out of business is an emotional response based off elements of their product rather than a rational response based on the facts and their assets and potential. I've yet to see a reasonable argument otherwise.

What?

TNA is rubbish. They will always be rubbish. They might aswell go out of buisness now and save the drama of doing it in 3 years with Hogan saying "We gave it our best shot, brother".

I'm sure Bubba Ray vs D-Von will set the world on fire whenever it happens. TNA - The new face of professional wrestling

I'm not saying there is, I'm just saying that the Fish Market Street Fight was enjoyable.:)

Ha ha ha, I will say that I love Curry man and to a lesser extent, Shark boy too. Oh god, the fish match :pac:

Hmm. Playing Devil's Advocate here. If TNA went out of business; either some wrestlers would work in ROH or WWE. And it's entirely likely that another company (probably ROH) would try usurp TNA's space/get the same deal with Spike. And it's also likely that they can hardly be as ass-backwards as TNA is a lot of the time. I dunno, maybe WWE would just take their best talent and incorporate them into SmackDown.

I think when people say "TNA need to die/go out of business" (as well as when I say it) we mean "TNA cannot succeed/grow with the people running the show and it's aggravating seeing them constantly fail with repeating the same mistakes and it makes me hate wrestling. Their talent is phenomenal but everyone running that company needs a pink slip and a boot in the face."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. While PWG, Evolve, DGUSA and ROH might present a better product - none of them are in a position to compete with WWE in the next ten years bar them securing a serious financial backer. Let's face it, most likely the vast majority of people that watch iMPACT! watch Raw aswell - they won't "continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product", they'll just watch WWE. And to say TNA has "produced nothing but ****e" is equally stupid. What about The Guns/Beer Money? The countless classic X-Division matches? The Angle/Joe feud? The Foley/Sting feud? Angle/Anderson? Triple X/AMW? New Church/AMW? Ultimate X? National exposure for wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't have gotten a good shot in WWE? A place for a lot more wrestlers and production staff to make a good living? Nevermind the fact that the product is never as bad as people make it out to be and the fact that people conveniently ignore the fact that the booking has been much stronger lately.

TNA have a financial backer that has kept them from death. Their lack of success is being hidden by that very fact.

TNA is just brutal. They have all the talent at their disposal. They got Jeff Hardy but they ****ed it up and he was just another guy by his second match. They have Hulk Hogan and nothing has changed at all. They killed the X-Division which was the only reason I watched. They've had their chance. They could sign John Cena and still only get a 1.1 at most. They are a failure and you make it seem as if they are so much above indies. A few TNA wrestlers had second jobs to support themselves despite being on TV every week.

TNA have a financial backer that has kept them from death. Their lack of success is being hidden by that very fact.

TNA is just brutal. They have all the talent at their disposal. They got Jeff Hardy but they ****ed it up and he was just another guy by his second match. They have Hulk Hogan and nothing has changed at all. They killed the X-Division which was the only reason I watched. They've had their chance. They could sign John Cena and still only get a 1.1 at most. They are a failure and you make it seem as if they are so much above indies. A few TNA wrestlers had second jobs to support themselves despite being on TV every week.

If tna was based in ireland, since they work less than 3 days a week, technically AJ Styles could draw the dole and wrestle for them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

This is one dire thread,People are actually hoping for a business employing 100 or more people plus all the in direct employment they generate to go out of business because they don't like a product they don't watch and draw all their conclusions from spoilers and internet reports

Well that makes some sense doesnt it, I hope Dunnes goes out of business because I'm not a fan of their chocolate digestives,Yeah ridiculous isnt it

The wrestling snobbery is insane,I consider myself a wrestling fan and watch all forms WWE,TNA,DragonGate,ROH etc they all offer something different and each have their own merits I wouldnt wish ill on any one of them,because I like wrestling and its best for fans and talent when there are a number of options around

People laud ROH and yeah they do some great stuff but are not without their own problems such as no selling and serious overkill in the finishing sequences

If you don't like something don't watch it,but spare me the high and mighty opinions on something you know nothing about,NO company is perfect

Wrestling fans are way too "smart" and cynical these days, If you don't enjoy something dont watch it and love what you do enjoy,Dont have a go at fans for what they do like if you dont like it, People don't always have rational arguments for why they like something they just do

Its a never ending circle of a debate thats brought up here on a weekly basis and never has an outcome,Just turns into a big moaning,depressing mess

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    This is one dire thread,People are actually hoping for a business employing 100 or more people plus all the in direct employment they generate to go out of business because they don't like a product they don't watch and draw all their conclusions from spoilers and internet reports

Am I talking to myself here? Or do people only read "I love TNA" or "I hate TNA" posts?
    Well that makes some sense doesnt it, I hope Dunnes goes out of business because I'm not a fan of their chocolate digestives,Yeah ridiculous isnt it

A more accurate metaphor would be if Dunnes sold only rancid Eel pie, but the staff are nice :pac:

TNA is not all bad despite it being the cool thing to say it is,Just like WWE while not being excellent put on a very good Smackdown this week which is well worth watching but last weeks episode was bad

TNA is not all bad despite it being the cool thing to say it is,Just like WWE while not being excellent put on a very good Smackdown this week which is well worth watching but last weeks episode was bad

Surely that doesn't apply to boardsies, who always give valid reasons one way or the other. Definitely, the internet's like that, but PW Boards is not like the internet. You get someone's real life opinions and with great discussion, with no childish name-calling synonymous with the internet.

I'm surprised you didn't say RAW was great this week (I haven't seen SmackDown this week or but prior to the live SD last week, it's been dire for over a month IMO).

Definitely TNA is not all bad. Just most of it is. TNA do have positives, but the negatives far outweigh them, especially when you've been watching longer than a month or actually review the show (i'm referring here to a Canadian Podcaster Wai Ting who's only been watching TNA for a few months).

That said, if we weren't on the internet we'd all enjoy the show more. It'd also mean that PW Boards would be dead. People are online because they care about wrestling so much. Everyone wants TNA to succeed with a great product. It's aggravating seeing a company do so little with so much talent...especially when you see what they did with 1/4 of the budget 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

main reason I stopped watch WWE is because it went all PG, and is one of the big selling points of TNA, that they 'cross the line'.
    one thing TNA does need to sort out is to expanding their roster, it doesnt really work too well with only 6 knockouts, 4 or 5 x-divisioners, and 4 tag teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Where the hell did this fake accent come from? It's appalling.

Or, I hope Dunnes goes out of buisness cos I shopped there a few times, most of the staff used to work in Tesco, they dont finish stacking the shelves after starting them, the prices on the things are different when you go to buy them, theres a few staff that were always with Dunnes but are now in the background and they deserve to be working the tills or something. Maybe if Dunnes wasnt there, some of the staff would go to Super Value and make that more likely to challenge Tesco since Dunnes hasnt got a clue how to. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Gerard.C wrote: »
    It could be asked how anyone who claims to be a wrestling fan could watch and support TNA :pac:

AJ Styles, Motor City Machine Guns. Nuff said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

btw I didnt know what validity this thread actually had in the first place, we have a general TNA thread and a TNA Dublin thread already yet neither were used for this. The OP simply links to a youtube video and says you should watch this. Normally I would probably close or lock such a thread quickly but lads i give you all credit as despite the above you guys have had some great discussion I have enjoyed reading as a result of this thread.

OP: some advice, use soundbites, keep it quick and concise, not saying your rambling or anything but your video is more than 30mins long and as much as it may be seen as me putting down PW fans (of which we are all hense our being here) most PW fans would not be botherd listening to your spiel for 30mins. not saying they dont have the attension spans (many dont) but there are far better things (atleast in their opinion id say) that they could do in that time, like watching some classic matches etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Or, I hope Dunnes goes out of buisness cos I shopped there a few times, most of the staff used to work in Tesco, they dont finish stacking the shelves after starting them, the prices on the things are different when you go to buy them, theres a few staff that were always with Dunnes but are now in the background and they deserve to be working the tills or something. Maybe if Dunnes wasnt there, some of the staff would go to Super Value and make that more likely to challenge Tesco since Dunnes hasnt got a clue how to. :cool:
    They got rid of their best section and now people are only going their because they hate Supervalu and aren't willing to go to Centra or Londis for their good shopping.

We aren't saying we don't want people out of jobs (well Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, Jarrett, Anderson and a few more) its just that I'd rather see 50 new Davey Richards get more exposure than 40 Rhyno's.

They got rid of their best section and now people are only going their because they hate Supervalu and aren't willing to go to Centra or Londis for their good shopping.

We aren't saying we don't want people out of jobs (well Hogan, Bischoff, Russo, Jarrett, Anderson and a few more) its just that I'd rather see 50 new Davey Richards get more exposure than 40 Rhyno's.

That ECW PPV they did was like the reduced to clear section :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Thread Title turned out well - TNA Crusade

One set of PW Posters campaigning for TNA one set against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I actually started watching the video just there.

Here is my advice: Petitions go nowhere. If you want to make a difference stop watching the product. Simple.

And I know it's your view that Hogan is ruining TNA, and that's fine, but for ****s sake don't bring a petition to a live show. There will be alot of kids there who:

1) Don't care about something like this, either will their parents.
    2) Call me old-fashioned, but I hate seeing kayfabe been broken on kids. They are the only ones who still get to enjoy the magic.

Also you'll have alot of fans there who support the product and simply don't care. You'll just annoy the people you don't want to annoy and could ruin the evening on them. Plus think about this: TNA see's your petition and won't take any notice of it, because people will sign it saying they won't support the product, then they'll walk straight into the venue, buy a t-shirt and enjoy their night, then come back again next year. It'll make no difference to them.

Wait now, did the OP buy a ticket to this show? If so, you sure showed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I actually started watching the video just there.

Here is my advice: Petitions go nowhere. If you want to make a difference stop watching the product. Simple.

And I know it's your view that Hogan is ruining TNA, and that's fine, but for ****s sake don't bring a petition to a live show. There will be alot of kids there who:

1) Don't care about something like this, either will their parents.
    2) Call me old-fashioned, but I hate seeing kayfabe been broken on kids. They are the only ones who still get to enjoy the magic.

Also you'll have alot of fans there who support the product and simply don't care. You'll just annoy the people you don't want to annoy and could ruin the evening on them. Plus think about this: TNA see's your petition and won't take any notice of it, because people will sign it saying they won't support the product, then they'll walk straight into the venue, buy a t-shirt and enjoy their night, then come back again next year. It'll make no difference to them.

+1 I agree totally with mr Crab,
    If you son't like TNA boycott them, do not appear at a live show full of drunk, hyped up for violence people.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wait now, did the OP buy a ticket to this show? If so, you sure showed them!

he actually didnt, i did watch this long enough to hear him say he hasnt bought a ticket yet even though his plan was to get someone with a camera and go to the event to get people to sign his petition.

He then seems (did not watch it all) to go on for the remaing 20+ mins listing off anything he can think of TNA have done wrong in the past few years while seemingly talking directly to TNA as if they were 1 person and telling them what they should be doing.

he actually didnt, i did watch this long enough to hear him say he hasnt bought a ticket yet even though his plan was to get someone with a camera and go to the event to get people to sign his petition.

He then seems (did not watch it all) to go on for the remaing 20+ mins listing off anything he can think of TNA have done wrong in the past few years while seemingly talking directly to TNA as if they were 1 person and telling them what they should be doing.

Ah thats not as bad so!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    The Thread Title turned out well - TNA Crusade. One set of PW Posters campaigning for TNA one set against.

Ha :pac:. I think a lot of Anti-TNA people have just stopped watching. Kind of like why we don't hear many boos for Cena anymore; the smarks just stopped attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Beer Money,MCMG and GenMe wouldnt get a shot in WWE and wouldnt be seen by a wide audience in the indies

AJ, Doug Williams, Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Samoa Joe, Chris Daniels would of never recieving a proper chance to shine andhave great amazing matches, if you dont believe me look at Low Ki and Jerry Lynn were treated.......CM Punk is a obvious exception but he has charisma and not just the capability of puttin on a great match.

TNA also provides a platform for workers who dont want to wrestle that detrimental WWE schedule Jeff Hardy and RVD are two workers that i enjoy watching who i couldnt see on a regular basis if not for TNA.

In regards to people who dont enjoy Flair, Hogan, Nash or Mick foley......well in fairness they would be showin up in WWE the whole time if TNA wasnt around, hell even Sting would of given in!

Yes theres deadweight in the company and yes it can be stupid but for **** sake its wrestling! a weekly episodic tv show based on storylines to get people emotionally invested in wrestling matches....of course its gonna have dumb **** in it at times but it can and does have regular good moments! why anyone would want a company to shut down i shall never know

The op just lost huge cred in my book by abusing Gen Me/Youngbucks via Twitter the guy clearly doesn't know talent when he sees it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 the chief stands alone.

regarding the petition

TNA's talent has improved dramatically in the last 12 months in my opinion. The Hogan regime has brought some of the worst programming I have seen in a long time. I think most of that is due to very few of the TNA roster having any mic skills at all in my opinion. I mean I'd love to bring a big sign or poll begging for the 6 sided ring and calling for their heads. I don't think that it will actually benefit the product. I think the only thing that would help turn TNA around would be a few more recognizable faces and better crowd participation. From my understanding of TNA contracts focusing on younger talent they'd run the risk of just becoming a feeder company for the WWEtards so using old faces for exposure ain't such a bad thing.

Advertisement