Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Crusade

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Care to explain what the idea is? I dont have a half hour to spend watching the video <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

He, as in irishguy316, wants us to watch his 30min video about a petition to get Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff fired and then sign it.
    http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41758.html

Saved you 30 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishguy316

but you missed the best part, im taking this tna crusade to the tna show itself muhahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Erm, what will firing Hogan and Bischoff achieve? The root problem will still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

but you missed the best part, im taking this tna crusade to the tna show itself muhahahahahahaha

Surely you cant be serious.. sam..
    (sorry, couldnt help it, MitchKoobski's sig made me do it.)

I watched a few minutes of your vid. Some alright points, but nothing really that hasnt been said over the last few months.
    But i missed how you said you were going to take it to the show?

What time is that bit at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If it kills TNA I'll sign it

If it kills TNA I'll sign it

How can anybody who claims to be a wrestling fan want TNA to die? They are the only company with the platform, talent and backing to come even remotely close to competing with WWE. Surely wanting them to improve would be much more rational?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Will Hogan or Bischoff even be there?

How can anybody who claims to be a wrestling fan want TNA to die? They are the only company with the platform, talent and backing to come even remotely close to competing with WWE. Surely wanting them to improve would be much more rational?

I've given up on the prospect of TNA becoming fun to watch. I prefer to support better companies like PWG and ROH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It could be asked how anyone who claims to be a wrestling fan could watch and support TNA :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will Hogan or Bischoff even be there?

Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

I'll be the first to admit i haven't watched TNA in over a year only watched one impact about 2 weeks ago but i'm going to this because the last two shows were amazing the fan interaction was insane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irishguy316

CMpunked wrote: »
    Surely you cant be serious.. sam..
    (sorry, couldnt help it, MitchKoobski's sig made me do it.)

I watched a few minutes of your vid. Some alright points, but nothing really that hasnt been said over the last few months.
    But i missed how you said you were going to take it to the show?

What time is that bit at?

from the 3 minute point

I've given up on the prospect of TNA becoming fun to watch. I prefer to support better companies like PWG and ROH.

Who don't have a realistic chance of competing with WWE in the near future. I don't expect people to support TNA but I can't see how wanting them to go out of business will achieve anything.

Who don't have a realistic chance of competing with WWE in the near future. I don't expect people to support TNA but I can't see how wanting them to go out of business will achieve anything.

It would achieve the likes of RVD and Hardy getting off the drugs if they want to preform on national tv, which would do them wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Bischoff doesnt have any creative say in TNA at all afaik (and what hes said in countless interviews) and hes more of an on-screen talent & consultant.

if you really wanted to help TNA, Get rid of the guy who books most of the crap on the show (Vince Russo).

Gerard.C wrote: »
    It would achieve the likes of RVD and Hardy getting off the drugs if they want to preform on national tv, which would do them wonders

That's nonsense. If TNA were to go out of business it's not like they'd change their personal lifestyle. They'd have no problem getting well paid independent bookings and neither are struggling financially. People that want TNA to go out of business are irrational.
    Garseys wrote: »
    Bischoff doesnt have any creative say in TNA at all afaik (and what hes said in countless interviews) and hes more of an on-screen talent & consultant.

if you really wanted to help TNA, Get rid of the guy who books most of the crap on the show (Vince Russo).

Well Bischoff clearly has creative influence but it's Russo that still writes the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I rarely watched TNA for the last few years, only discovered it in 2008 when I got back into wrestling properly. From 2008 - 2010 every now and then I would be enticed to watch it by some promo or to see someone debut. But its only since the "evil Hogan and evil Bischoff" overhaul, that I've started to watch regularly. Going up against Raw on Monday night got them attention and my attention. I switched overright after Bret Hart, and switched back for the end. IMO the random stuff they've done to draw attention over the last year has worked on me anyway.

It would put more focus on better indy promotions. TNA have had their chance to compete with WWE and got destroyed.

TNA is the number 2 company by default not by success.

That's nonsense. If TNA were to go out of business it's not like they'd change their personal lifestyle. They'd have no problem getting well paid independent bookings and neither are struggling financially. People that want TNA to go out of business are irrational.

I wouldnt say its nonsense. I really dont think RVD or Jeff would be there onlyor the fact that they are allowed to do their drugs in TNA. Look at the state Hardy was supposed to have turned up in at the last PPV. No punishment either I'm assuming. He knows full well that wouldnt fly with WWE. Why else would he have left when he did.

I wouldnt have said I wanted TNA to go out of buisness till the 80's and 90's took over. Like i didnt like TNA in 09 for numerous reasons. Now that they're firing money at Hogan, Flair etc.... They have dug their grave and they can lie in it for all I care now, they're doing nobody any favours.

The only good thing about TNA is that they have good matches on their PPV's. So do ROH and there is a LOT less nonsense in that company

• Advertisement

It would put more focus on better indy promotions. TNA have had their chance to compete with WWE and got destroyed.

TNA is the number 2 company by default not by success.

And give wrestlers less places to go and earn a decent living. TNA will always be number 2 but that doesn't mean they won't be able to put some pressure on WWE. As I said, anybody that wants TNA to go out of business is talking nonsense.
    I wouldnt say its nonsense. I really dont think RVD or Jeff would be there only or the fact that they are allowed to do their drugs in TNA. Look at the state Hardy was supposed to have turned up in at the last PPV. No punishment either I'm assuming. He knows full well that wouldnt fly with WWE. Why else would he have left when he did.

I wouldnt have said I wanted TNA to go out of buisness till the 80's and 90's took over. Like i didnt like TNA in 09 for numerous reasons. Now that they're firing money at Hogan, Flair etc.... They have dug their grave and they can lie in it for all I care now, they're doing nobody any favours.

The only good thing about TNA is that they have good matches on their PPV's. So do ROH and there is a LOT less nonsense in that company

Hardy's drug bust happened soon after he left WWE so clearly it was in play during his WWE run and RVD drug punishments while in WWE are well documented. They'll take drugs if they want to regardless of who they work for. Plus I think it's generally accepted at this stage that Hardy's exhaustion claim was credible considering the tour he just came back from and the fact that his performance in the main event was perfectly fine.

I hate this idea that it was only in 2010 that the '80's and 90's took over'. This has been a problem with TNA for nearly all of it's existence. 2010 was actually the first year that presented a Bound For Glory main event that didn't feature Sting or Jarrett. The entire Sports Entertainment Xtreme angle was based on events from the past. TNA presented main events featuring Nash and DDP in 2005 (which was arguably the most critically acclaimed period of TNA). The Main Event Mafia was nearly entirely '90's stars and Foley held the title last year. If anything TNA has actually gotten better last year as the year went on in terms of getting with the times.

TNA has a platform, talent and the financial backing to over a viable alternative to WWE for both fans and wrestlers. ROH don't have that so them reaching the level to be a viable No. 2 in the near future just isn't going to happen. The fact that ROH have managed to constantly overcome the talent raids and improve their position is really admirable but them becoming a viable alternative is just unrealistic. TNA going out of business would be absolutely terrible for the wrestling business, whether you like the product or not, it's irrational to argue otherwise.

On a side note, does irishguy316 want to justify his position on wanting to see Hogan and Bischoff fired because I don't really see the sense in it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Of course Hogan/Bischoff is a drain on TNA's money but it'd be far more prudent petitioning to get rid of Russo. He's the real problem. The electric cage/fish market brawls only started when Russo joined in 2007.

2009 (except the last 3 months when HogOff was certain to come) was far worse than the schlock we've endured with the new old regime.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The electric cage/fish market brawls only started when Russo joined in 2007.

I have to say I actually enjoyed the Fish Market Street Fight. You can't take a match involving Curry Man and Shark Boy seriously and if you didn't it was actually pretty fun. Actually, I've always thought petitioning is counter-productive, the more people petition for Russo's head the less likely it is to happen if you know what I mean (unless of course it's overwhelming petitioning and a boycott of the TV show).
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    2009 (except the last 3 months when HogOff was certain to come) was far worse than the schlock we've endured with the new old regime.

I'd still insist that Russo only booked those few PPV's of great matches because he thought he was out of a job and was looking to get some fans behind him and show how much they love the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If you are going to the TNA Dublin Show on the 24th, then I think you should all see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRT4HofDHjI :D

explain to me your views on how vince mcmahon ruined wrestling ?

Hardy's drug bust happened soon after he left WWE so clearly it was in play during his WWE run and RVD drug punishments while in WWE are well documented. They'll take drugs if they want to regardless of who they work for. Plus I think it's generally accepted at this stage that Hardy's exhaustion claim was credible considering the tour he just came back from and the fact that his performance in the main event was perfectly fine.

I hate this idea that it was only in 2010 that the '80's and 90's took over'. This has been a problem with TNA for nearly all of it's existence. 2010 was actually the first year that presented a Bound For Glory main event that didn't feature Sting or Jarrett. The entire Sports Entertainment Xtreme angle was based on events from the past. TNA presented main events featuring Nash and DDP in 2005 (which was arguably the most critically acclaimed period of TNA). The Main Event Mafia was nearly entirely '90's stars and Foley held the title last year. If anything TNA has actually gotten better last year as the year went on in terms of getting with the times.

TNA has a platform, talent and the financial backing to over a viable alternative to WWE for both fans and wrestlers. ROH don't have that so them reaching the level to be a viable No. 2 in the near future just isn't going to happen. The fact that ROH have managed to constantly overcome the talent raids and improve their position is really admirable but them becoming a viable alternative is just unrealistic. TNA going out of business would be absolutely terrible for the wrestling business, whether you like the product or not, it's irrational to argue otherwise.

On a side note, does irishguy316 want to justify his position on wanting to see Hogan and Bischoff fired because I don't really see the sense in it?

In fairness, TNA have proved themselves to be an unviable alternative also. As bad as the 80's 90's stuff was back then there wasnt an ECW ppv and The Band, Hogan turning heel etc... This is just in the last 12 months and there is piles more.

I'm sure "Silvervision presents: The Greatest Stars of the X-Divison" isnt TOO far away from being release :pac:

In fairness, TNA have proved themselves to be an unviable alternative also. As bad as the 80's 90's stuff was back then there wasnt an ECW ppv and The Band, Hogan turning heel etc... This is just in the last 12 months and there is piles more.

We're not talking about TNA's product or what they have done but what they're capable of doing in relation to the rest of the wrestling companies. Which is why the idea of wanting TNA to go out of business is plain stupid and wanting them to improve or at least stick around is much more rational - you don't have to watch it while (if) it gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Well, whatever you do, just make sure you don't do anything to spoil the show for anybody else attending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

We're not talking about TNA's product or what they have done but what they're capable of doing in relation to the rest of the wrestling companies. Which is why the idea of wanting TNA to go out of business is plain stupid and wanting them to improve or at least stick around is much more rational - you don't have to watch it while (if) it gets there.

Personally I think it's completely irrational to expect a company that's produced nothing but ****e to improve. Rationally i would hope that TNA goes out of business and people who liked the product but don't like the WWE and Spike who want to continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product

Bubs102 wrote: »
    Personally I think it's completely irrational to expect a company that's produced nothing but ****e to improve. Rationally i would hope that TNA goes out of business and people who liked the product but don't like the WWE and Spike who want to continue their crusade against the WWE find a better product

This. Well said bubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Here's the thing though, TNA has presented us with amazing wrestling over the years. Even in 2010 there were brilliant match ups and feuds, such as the Beer Money/MCMG series.

TNA is more than capable of presenting some of the best wrestling you can find today, and that is a stone cold fact. The problem with TNA is that when they find out that they have a good thing, they move on from it instantly without learning. If TNA learned from the brilliant presentation of the Joe/Angle cage match from a few years back then it would be taken alot more series in fans eyes.

Russo isn't the only booker in the company, and although he has come up alot of **** over the years he has produced fine television also. If he had a better filter system then TNA would be laughing.

Advertisement