Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland [Showtime - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Series 2 is being filmed in Charlotte NC at the moment, and they're looking for extras. So if you're over there, look "ethnic" and have a car, you might get a bit of screen time. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just finished this.
    I thought they really pussied out with Brody getting out of the bunker, they pretty much ignored it and just cut to him at home. Weird, as it was the only weak point for me in the whole series.

I was under the impression that Walker took the SD Card, and Brody was going to kill him anyway, regardless of Nasir's order. Brody met Walker with the intention of getting the card back, was my take on that scene. The fact that Nasir ordered Brody to kill Walker to prove loyalty was just a bonus for Brody.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

I caught glimpses here and there and read a lot of reviews/previews online.....hard to miss this show but I have not watched one episode because of one simple reason.

I detest that Damian Lewis.

Is there anyone more smug or up their own @^$€; than him?

If in doubt read this http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/damian-lewis-getting-used-to-homeland-fame-3235450.html

Just cannot bring myself to sit down and watch anything with him in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Hmm, I don't see anything wrong about that interview.

• Advertisement

Well it wasn't an interview by them...they lifted it from Norton's Show...which I seen one night as a quick whole review of season run through...somebody said that daytime guy Jeremy Kyle is smug....but this guy wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Well it wasn't an interview by them...they lifted it from Norton's Show...which I seen one night as a quick whole review of season run through...somebody said that daytime guy Jeremy Kyle is smug....but this guy wins hands down.
    who cares, hes a great actor, so your not watching it because of an interview he gave a few weeks ago:confused:,

don ramo wrote: »
    who cares, hes a great actor, so your not watching it because of an interview he gave a few weeks ago:confused:,

No...not watching it cause I can't stand him. Watch away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I caught glimpses here and there and read a lot of reviews/previews online.....hard to miss this show but I have not watched one episode because of one simple reason.

I detest that Damian Lewis.

Is there anyone more smug or up their own @^$€; than him?

If in doubt read this http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/damian-lewis-getting-used-to-homeland-fame-3235450.html

Just cannot bring myself to sit down and watch anything with him in it.

There's nothing at all smug about that interview. Do you just dislike him because he's ginger

delighted for Danes and Lewis, 2 great actors, a great first season, and hopefully the first of many emmys (well second for Danes) for them and the show,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Any word on when Season 2 will air on this side of the Atlantic?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ormus wrote: »
    Any word on when Season 2 will air on this side of the Atlantic?
    Yep..
    • Tuesday October 2nd at 9.00pm on RTÉ2
    • Sunday October 7th at 9.00pm on Channel 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Basq wrote: »
    • Tuesday October 2nd at 9.00pm on RTÉ2
    Which is pretty good considering it airs in the US on the 1st October. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Which is pretty good considering it airs in the US on the 1st October. :)

30th September. Still good though. Not that I'm waiting an extra two days.

30th September. Still good though. Not that I'm waiting an extra two days.
    yeah what kinda of weirdo is gonna wait for the RTE airing:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just finished this first season. I enjoyed it immensely but a couple of things didn't make sense.

We were given no reason to believe that Brody would go through with the bombing or that he was anyway unhinged enough to blow himself up when he'd just got back to his family.

Brody told Carrie that he knew Nazir and loved him. Of course he would have known his son. Why is this some sudden revelation to her at the end and what's the significance of the detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Just finished this first season. I enjoyed it immensely but a couple of things didn't make sense.

We were given no reason to believe that Brody would go through with the bombing or that he was anyway unhinged enough to blow himself up when he'd just got back to his family.

Brody told Carrie that he knew Nazir and loved him. Of course he would have known his son. Why is this some sudden revelation to her at the end and what's the significance of the detail?

I dont think Carrie knew about the son at the time, or if she did, didnt make the connection until the end.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I dont think Carrie knew about the son at the time, or if she did, didnt make the connection until the end.
    yeah id say it was definitely the latter, just as she got zapped the dots connected for her,

I still don't get how it's so significant.

Brody knew Nazir's dead son so.... it makes perfect sense that he would want to blow himself up to avenge his death and leave his own children fatherless?

If he had agreed to assassinate the VP, OK, I could buy that, but the suicide bombing idea is just illogical and stupid.

I still don't get how it's so significant.

Brody knew Nazir's dead son so.... it makes perfect sense that he would want to blow himself up to avenge his death and leave his own children fatherless?

If he had agreed to assassinate the VP, OK, I could buy that, but the suicide bombing idea is just illogical and stupid.
    yeah but carrie was considered crazy for her obsession with it, we the viewers know that brody is a terrorist, but the CIA didnt know,

carrie ended up getting electroshock therapy cause of what happened and brody just got away with it, with no repercussions, and now hes on the road to becoming a senator,

and reason for the vest is because not only would he be taking out the VP with it, he would also take out a number of high ranking political people, making a clear statement to the world,

• Advertisement

yeah but carrie was considered crazy for her obsession with it, we the viewers know that brody is a terrorist, but the CIA didnt know,

carrie ended up getting electroshock therapy cause of what happened and brody just got away with it, with no repercussions, and now hes on the road to becoming a senator,

and reason for the vest is because not only would he be taking out the VP with it, he would also take out a number of high ranking political people, making a clear statement to the world,

We know he's a terrorist because we've seen him in action. The fact that he at one stage knew Aissa is, as far as I can see, of no significance. It's not as though there is even any proof for it any more than there is that Brody grew fond of Nazir.

A friend told me there is more exploration in season two of what might possess him to want to kill himself, so I suppose I'll reserve judgement on that until I've caught up. I still think it would be better if the audience had some reason to believe he was turned before the end of season one though.

We know he's a terrorist because we've seen him in action. The fact that he at one stage knew Aissa is, as far as I can see, of no significance. It's not as though there is even any proof for it any more than there is that Brody grew fond of Nazir.

how do you figure there is no proof, he knew isa for months, he thought him english and became good friends with him, and then a drone strike killed him, and even though the intelligence showed that they blew up a school the VP and estes covered it up, and had the mission completely erased from the records,

brody took isas death very badly, and grieved for months with nazir, brody doesnt want to be a puppet and do as nazir commands, but he does believe that the VP is a war criminal and should be bought to pay for his deeds and seeing as there is no way its gonna happen by legal means, brody was willing to do it by others,

and in the end while he did survive, he did push the button, he didnt know the vest was malfunctioning,

how do you figure there is no proof, he knew isa for months, he thought him english and became good friends with him, and then a drone strike killed him, and even though the intelligence showed that they blew up a school the VP and estes covered it up, and had the mission completely erased from the records,

I mean Carrie has no proof that it happened that she could use as leverage with the CIA. She essentially knows nothing that the agency doesn't - she's been working on hunches all the time and has been repeatedly proven wrong (as far as they're concerned).

I mean Carrie has no proof that it happened that she could use as leverage with the CIA. She essentially knows nothing that the agency doesn't - she's been working on hunches all the time and has been repeatedly proven wrong (as far as they're concerned).
    but it turned out she was right in the end, carrie is a little nuts no doubt, but she trusted the person who told her, and done her own off the books surveillance on him, she was right but couldnt prove it, thats the point, the bad guy won in the end, and the hero got her brain zapped,

So the point is just her own realisation that she was right all along and not losing the plot?
    It make sense, I suppose, but as the viewers knew for certain from about episode 6 that Brody was turned it's not much of a payoff for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

So does anybody think Saul could be a mole ? Or do the writers just want us to think Saul is a mole ? I love his character but ever since last season and the razor blade incident I can't help thinking, maybe.. There's definitely going to be a fairly big "I cant believe it moment" in this series yet. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

ratedR wrote: »
    So does anybody think Saul could be a mole ? Or do the writers just want us to think Saul is a mole ? I love his character but ever since last season and the razor blade incident I can't help thinking, maybe.. There's definitely going to be a fairly big "I cant believe it moment" in this series yet. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't.
    Yes most people on the 'net seem to think Saul is the mole but I don't for this simple reason; he's Jewish. They wouldn't have a lot of grá for Islamic fundamentalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Diego Klattenhof who plays Mike will not be returning as a series regular in season three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

James Rebhorn who played Carrie's dad has died - RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement