Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland [Showtime - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DeepBlue wrote: »
    That blonde terrorist turned very quickly.......a little too quickly if you ask me. "Enhanced" interrogation techniques weren't even required.
    That happened right after they were talking about her husband and how if no one claimed him he'd just be put in the ground.

I just assumed that she helped because Saul said he'd claim the body and give him a Muslim's burial.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good twist alright, like others I didn't spot it coming. The cabin setup was a little...but you knew it couldn't last and when things went 180, it was well done, imo. Didn't David assign someone to keep an eye on Carrie, where was he during the cabin trip? Obviously they didn't have time to squeeze it into the ep, though I can't really remember the last time that op within the op was brought up. Carrie's tea slip-up was a big one. Re her sleeping her way to success, I don't read it that way. She's a good officer, just a bit of a loner and awkward within CIA circles. Any ideas what her issue is, based on nothing I'm going to guess she's a bit bipolar.

Saul's road trip was interesting because, when you think of some of the past hints or things that have been left open, there was part of me wondering if he was going to nearly say something to Eileen/Aileen that would make her trigger a phase of the attack, but Saul seems to be a good guy, so... Re the deal, she did seem to break a little quickly as Deepblue said, but MM's point is also valid.

I'm not convinced Walker is the final threat and we've 5 episodes left, so maybe another plot could be thrown in if they catch up to him, however, given the pacing thus far, it may well all be about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ye didn't see it coming,interesting twist. Still doesn't explain how the razor blade was passed on,unless it was just missed and no one gave it to him. I think there might still be a twist with a mole within the CIA.

Really good confrontation at the cabin as well. Brody and his family will obviously be now in danger with Walker probably seeking revenge for Brody knocking the crap out of him.
    Yeah given how Faisal and Eileen were warned about Carrie tailing them theres a chance it will come up again. Great series so far, hope it keeps up the standard we've had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

HOLY ****!!!

What an ending
    I love how they introduced walker as the terrorist and then completely flip it on its head and admit to the audience it was brody all along as well

By far the best new show of the year, and as far as all shows go its only second in my book cus of how awesome Sons of Anarchy's season is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

VinLieger wrote: »
    HOLY ****!!!

What an ending
    I love how they introduced walker as the terrorist and then completely flip it on its head and admit to the audience it was brody all along as well

By far the best new show of the year, and as far as all shows go its only second in my book cus of how awesome Sons of Anarchy's season is
    I'll have a look at it later. Cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Man,some twist there! Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As much as nobody saw last week's twist coming, I guarantee nobody saw this week's coming.

Love this show. :)

I actually thought it was only an okay episode up until the end, fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Classy ending, had a feeling after last week that Brody wasnt so squeaky clean, excellent reveal tonight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good ep. Once Carrie was appointed to lead the task force you just knew things would turn to crap. Clusterfcuk with the mosque shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

i think she was put incharge of the task force cos they knew she would f1ck it up,sol is to clean for as well.great ending to night ep did no see it coming even though i had my doubts about brody.

So, given the diplomatic plates, Walker and Brody are being run by a foreign state, right? Or is it just someone who's part of Al Qaeda who happens to be from a particular country? The first time I saw the diplomatic plates I thought 'right, the FBI or CIA will have a bug in the car because that's what TV and films have taught us', but clearly not. :pac: Brody must be mentally tough if he's keeping all this under his hat.

I get the global dynamics and all that, but I still have no idea where this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Strange episode.. definitely fills in some of the backstory and gives Brody some motive behind what he's doing. Hard to figure out
    if Walker is going to shoot the VP, why is Brody being asked to infiltrate the Government?
    - 3 episodes to go... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its good but why does the intro suggest the america was attacked out of the blue like it hadn't been at war and attacking the rest of the world every day of its existence?

its good but why does the intro suggest the america was attacked out of the blue like it hadn't been at war and attacking the rest of the world every day of its existence?
    Who gives a shít? Politics forum is that way >>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

It really is an excellent show, gripping stuff

Shame only 3 episodes left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There would be an uproar of course. Would give the US politicians reason alone to go on a rant for the sake of hearing their own voice on primetime news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Brody For Prez

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is or isn't this tv programme intelligent enough to reflect that reality

why is the cia being portrayed as defensive agency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

is or isn't this tv programme intelligent enough to reflect that reality
    To be fair they showed that the FBI agents could get off scot free after gunning down the innocent Muslims in the mosque and Saul had no issue with writing up the report to spin it in their favour. I thought that was pretty ballsy.

I'm surprised there's only 3 shows left. I kind of felt it was still mid-season. Sign of a good show I suppose or just the fact that I got into this late. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

At the risk of going way OT for this forum, it suggests that because the attack was out of the blue both for the American people and particularly for the CIA. The possible argument that they should have expected it based on America's foreign policy has no relevance to the storyline so far, and so it hasn't been dealt with so far. Similarly while there are various theories about how much American intelligence agencies knew ahead of the attack, within the reality of the show Carrie didn't know and blames herself for not knowing, which is a large motivation for her character.

She sees 9/11 as her own personal failing because she didn't see it coming, and so she is strongly focused on preventing another attack to redeem herself.

(and personally I'm guessing she'll be so focused on Brody/Walker that she'll miss another threat entirely, leading to season 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

stevenmu wrote: »

(and personally I'm guessing she'll be so focused on Brody/Walker that she'll miss another threat entirely, leading to season 2)

That'd be a cool ending. Walker's attack is stopped as it's probably just a decoy anyways, another attack happens which is by Nazir but by another cell, and Brody gets into political office by being a war hero wanting to defend the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That was a great episode. Show going from strength to strength which is surprising as I thought it would run out of steam. Long may it continue.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Great episode. Only 2 left now. Will be interesting to see where it leads.

Good episode. Some good stuff during the interrogation (I liked how Saul didn't say much) and some of the facial expressions from Carrie and Brody throughout the ep were good as well. Once the drawing of the heart appeared in the diplomat's window it was game over for him.

Plus, Saul and his peanut butter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Yeah, really enjoyed that... again. Remarkably consistent show, which is unusual for something with such a twisty turny plot. They somehow even managed to pull off the scene in the park, which to be fair has been done loads (inckuding the recent Rubicon), without it seeming overly clichéd.
    Very interested to see where Brody is going to go with his mission. I'm also a small bit skeptical of the young boy that was killed being Nazir's son though. Wouldn't put it passed him to have picked up some homeless child with the full intention of using him to manipulate Brody. Bit of a stretch, but I'm very skeptical of all recently revealed plot and character information... The show has made me paranoid, I don't trust anything it tell me! Meant in the best possible way of course :pac:
    Ah, tis a great oul telly show. Best thing on at the moment by a good distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

the heart on the window was a way of telling them that he had being caught
    and that he was fully aware that he was to be killed.
    i still think the mole in the cia is carrie and sauls boss

It's interesting how the stories of Brody and the Saudi diplomat mirror each other. Both are/were under pressure from external forces, are/were in a bit of a corner and have to protect their young families, etc.

Someone must know about Carrie and Brody's trip to the woods, though. Maybe we won't see much political campaigning in the final episodes, but as Jessica said, it's bound to come out, right?

Thing is, given the show's twisty turny nature so far, I'm kinda hoping they don't throw some ultra shock twist in at the end and ultimately undo some of the good work that's gone before. It wouldn't surprise me if they do, but as you say, they need to try and stick to one thing whilst still making compelling TV. Surely whoever is helping Walker is bound to have some US political connections in addition to Middle Eastern or Al Qaeda ones. After all, he's no lone wolf. They seem to want to us to think that the mole is somewhere in the inner circles of the CIA (that is, the likes of David, Saul, Carrie or their support team). I'm not so convinced, but no doubt I'll soon be proven wrong. Saul's reminder about whoever slipped yer man the blade, etc didn't feel like it was said to remind the audience of those particular incidents, but more of a 'hint, hint' to bolster that the theory that the mole's in the CIA. I don't know. David seems unlikely to me on the basis that we don't know him terribly well/he's not had much screen time.

Do you think Carrie's bipolar might slip out at work next season?

'**** the charter'
    Amen, Saul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fully caught up with this now... best new US show this year by far. Absolutely fantastic!

And not a single weak link in that cast.

Funny in that the promos did nothing for me, but the show continues to go from strength to strength.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement