Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

That's settled then, you and challengemaster shall included in my survey - expect PMs :P

This sounds fair: Each of them is blindfolded and receives a glass of coke - they don't know which it is. The next day, they receive another one - they don't know which it is. They have to rate both of them.

It can't be one after the other, because if Economics has thought me anything, the Marginal Rate of Utility decreases with each can of coke consumed.

Or alternatively, I should stop over-complicating everything
    *goes to fill glass of Coke.*

Ah "The Pizza and Cola Guide to Microeconomics". Where would we be without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

With regards to the conversation of energy. In Willy Wonka, a larger chocolate bar was needed because when it was converted/transmitted, the finished product was smaller. This was due to the TV being smaller.

Yes. If I'm not mistaken, this was the ONLY physical barrier to producing said chocolate in real life.
    We'd have to ask ourselves, would a larger TV result in more chocolate?
    Ah, but don't larger TVs require more power than small ones. I'm not sure of the internal workings of a television, but I would guess yes.

So....potential problem there.
    Now apply it to coke.
    But chocolate is solid. Coke is liquid.
    While the previous logic was 100% sound for solids, a different state of matter requires much more analysis. Unless we want solid Coke.....
    We would need a larger amount of electrical energy. So if it used two, or three USB ports, could this make a difference :P?
    I see no reason why it wouldn't.
    Ideally we should build a computer the size of a medium sized European country with a power input equivalent to the energy consumption of a large superpower.
    So once we convince everyone in China to direct their energy to powering a giant computer occupying what once was Slovakia, we should be sorted.
    Knifey, you'd probably best forward me those CC details after all :o
    I'll forward them on as soon as my transactions with Prince WantalottamoneyscamminonninterwebzLOL the III of the lovely Republic of South Nigeriastan are finished.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Convincing China shouldn't be too difficult. We can get almostnever to make it illegal for them to use electricity, which should create a surplus of energy that we could siphon into our coke producing machines.

We're going to be rich! And diabetic! :D

Also, I'm intrigued (as wrong as it sounds) by this Solid Coke notion. Would it be nice? What texture would it be? We should definitely produce that if the liquid thing doesn't work out.

Once, when I was younger, tired of melting ice diluting drinks, I put coke in the ice-try and made ice-coke. Despite the stickiness which I later regretted, it worked out quite well. Maybe solid coke will be like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Can I invest in this venture?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Of course! You are new guinea pig, along with catreyn, that will be force-fed (?) coke continuously, without toilet breaks! Financial contributions are also welcome, as the card I've just cloned used for Knifey's my account led to "Insufficient Funds" at the ATM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

527321_f520.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Once, when I was younger, tired of melting ice diluting drinks, I put coke in the ice-try and made ice-coke. Despite the stickiness which I later regretted, it worked out quite well. Maybe solid coke will be like this?
    Oh lord!! I can just see my icebox being filled with cubes of black ice from now on! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I did this with milk when I was 3 or 4. I thought it would make ice-cream. It didn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That's settled then, you and challengemaster shall included in my survey - expect PMs :P

Where's that PM, eh? :p

Tesco have 2x2L for €3 on, couldn't resist :D

^^^

The only person I have ever seen throwing his clothes on the floor and filling his wardrobe with bottles of coke!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Where's that PM, eh? :p

Tesco have 2x2L for €3 on, couldn't resist :D

I'm sending it by snail mail to be more authentic. You should have it by Friday morning, Monday at the latest.

Dunnes also have 2x2L for €3, as well as Spar. I was going to buy just one bottle, but one bottle was €1.99 whereas two were €3 so it was an obvious choice! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

But chocolate is solid. Coke is liquid.
    While the previous logic was 100% sound for solids, a different state of matter requires much more analysis. Unless we want solid Coke.....

I vaguely remember an email from a while back going around that stated that the Coke served by fast-food restaurants (which, as we all know, isn't proper Coke) is actually a concentrated form of Coke & is diluted down with water as it's being poured! The email also contained the staggering fact that, in the good ol' US of A, this concoction has to be transported with the "Hazardous Chemicals" symbol on the side of the truck as it's so acidic!

What I mean by all of this is, couldn't we just steal a truck headed for McDonald's? Or we could just continually boil it until it's solid but there's no guaranteeing of taste...look what happened to the Mickey D version... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Since I've moved to boarding school, I drink pretty much 0 fizzy drinks, just fruit juice, milk and water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

catreyn wrote: »
    I vaguely remember an email from a while back going around that stated that the Coke served by fast-food restaurants (which, as we all know, isn't proper Coke) is actually a concentrated form of Coke & is diluted down with water as it's being poured! (

Truefax. Same with cinemas. You can see the alternating streams of brown and clear liquid! A coupla years ago, I decided to get coke in the cinema.. got the end of the syrup barrel. Basically brown fizzy water. Blech.

I've been keeping track of how much I've been drinking over the last week or two.... I'll post up pics on monday :pac:

Wardrobe full again?! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I read this thread and then get the biggest craving for Coke and chocolate...

Thanks guys :p I now have to walk to Tesco :p

I read this thread and then get the biggest craving for Coke and chocolate...

Thanks guys :p I now have to walk to Tesco :p

2L Bottles were €1.75 in Dunnes today, but they were flashed at that price (as in, it says so on the label) so it's probably everywhere and not just Dunnes

Wardrobe full again?! >.<

I'm using the shelves this time... but there's probably somewhere in the region of 20L of bottles lying around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

2L Bottles were €1.75 in Dunnes today, but they were flashed at that price (as in, it says so on the label) so it's probably everywhere and not just Dunnes

Closest thing I have to me is Tesco Xpress or Centra... >.< and I'm feeling too lazy to walk

• Advertisement

I've been drinking exclusively milk over the last week. What is wrong with me? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I've been drinking exclusively milk over the last week. What is wrong with me? :/

You're healthy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BloodRedRose

I don't know how people can drink loads of fizzy drinks. i drink it very occasionally but only in small amounts, if i drink loads my teeth and the whole inside of my mouth feel horrible!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭icanplaydrums

Sadly, i think its something my body has become mentally and physically addicted to. On an ordinary day I won't drink much over 750ml, 1 litre but if I don't have that, I freak out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've completely cut back on fizzy drinks in the last month or so. At this stage, I can only enjoy coke with salty chips/fast food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Lately I've been drinking about a litre or 2 of Lemon a day. I looove lemon.

Advertisement