Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options
  • 05-01-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭

the liquid kind, and other fizzy drinks...

I'm just curious as to how much everyone else would drink per day.... considering I go through about 2-3L of coke every day :o

fizzy drink per day 67 votes

>3L
    0% 0 votes
    2-3L
    1% 1 vote
    1-2L
    11% 8 votes
    500ml-1L
    31% 21 votes
    <500ml
    55% 37 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I used to drink a bottle a day... Now I only drink it rarely but often in large amounts when I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

only when im really tired, and REALLY need it, otherwise i try not to drink any fizzy drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

A thread all about Coke, almostnever will be pleased. Not really a coke person but I love 7up/Sprite. It has to be flat though, I look like a right weirdo when I'm out somewhere stirring my drink with my fork. Wouldn't go out of my way to get it but if it's there can't stop drinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

the liquid kind, and other fizzy drinks...

I'm just curious as to how much everyone else would drink per day.... considering I go through about 2-3L of coke every day :o

2-3L per day?? :eek:

How much do you weigh? (that's not meant to sound mean-spirited, I'm genuinely curious)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    2-3L per day?? :eek:

How much do you weigh? (that's not meant to sound mean-spirited, I'm genuinely curious)

11.2 stone / 71.5 Kg and I'd be just shy of 6ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

11.2 stone / 71.5 Kg and I'd be just shy of 6ft
    Metabalism of a horse, surely :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I only drink fizzy drinks when I go to a fast food place. So that would be about 3 times a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Rarely drink it, but I have a 24 pack of cans (About 6 now) that I've been guzzling at over Christmas and New Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I haven't had any since the Christmas stuff ran out (too quickly <_<) but I only have it every few weeks normally, usually drink diet or diet cherry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I Don't drink coke much it's rare when I do but I like it best from a ice cold can :D I'd only have one every so often.

• Advertisement

I can never understand people who have coke with their dinner- not chips or pizza I mean a dinner with spuds or pasta. Much as I like dinner, and as much as I like coke... Together they're mank :eek:

On the other hand I drink milk with virtually any dinner which some people find very odd indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I drink bucketloads of the stuff, it's so bad! At least 1-2 litres at home and I always buy several cans or bottles if I'm anywhere near a shop. I go through cycles though - some times, like now, I drink it non stop, and other times I'm so sick of it and I can't stand to even look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I drink a can a day when it's in the house, though thankfully that's not very often. My Mom bought two slabs of Diet Coke when they were on special offer, so I've been sneaking them for the last week or two.

When I'm out with the lads, I always buy a can of Coke, because it's so cheap. I'd prefer to buy a bottle of Lucozade Sport, or even a Yazoo, but money is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If I have a 2 litre bottle, I will generally have that gone within a few hours. That is when I am in Ireland.

When abroad, I could easily drink between 3-4 litres a day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Metabalism of a horse, surely :eek:
    He wishes it was more than the metabolism ... >_>

It will catch up with him some day, and I will laugh ... and laugh ... and laugh!! :pac:
    On the other hand I drink milk with virtually any dinner which some people find very odd indeed.
    That's me too ... we're proper culchies, Duffy!! :D

I keep thinking randy and challengemaster are the same person, then wondering why randy is insulting himself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Generally, I'd have about 3 cans a week but I had a can nearly every day during Christmas, damn Tesco and their 24-pack of cans for €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I don't drink frizzy drinks when I'm at college, but when I'm at home for the weekends I'd drink a glass or two of cidona.

I never drink coke though, I don't what exactly is in that stuff but it hurts my teeth like no other frizzy drink I've come across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Diet coke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I drink a fair bit of Diet Coke, I find it really refreshing and a great pick me up (yes I realise I sound like an ad for Diet Coke). It's a great way to perk up in the library when I'm studying for long periods of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I hate the stigma attached to Diet coke though, I asked for it on the train once and trolley lady felt the need to assure me that they did in fact have "real" coke...
    -_-

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    I keep thinking randy and challengemaster are the same person, then wondering why randy is insulting himself :o
    :D

Nah, we just share the same (terrible) sense of humour! :D

I went through a period of a litre - 2 litres a day, but considering I don't have a job, I've been trying to cut down. I'm fairly into the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I don't drink it that often. If it's in the press I'll have some, or I'd ask for some in a restaurant. I prefer Milk though.

That's me too ... we're proper culchies, Duffy!! :D

When I see people drinking mi-wadi with a dinner it makes feel like throwing up.
    Lawliet wrote: »
    I hate the stigma attached to Diet coke though, I asked for it on the train once and trolley lady felt the need to assure me that they did in fact have "real" coke...
    -_-

I prefer Coke Zero, the manly version!

-_-
    I know, any time I buy it someone's like "Are you on a diet?" Er yes, obviously that's why I chose coke over water -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I don't do it everyday, but when I do I have a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

The poll really needs more options. Just under 500ml per day is still a lot. On average I'd say I drink about 250ml per day.

-_-

It's cos it tastes like ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

-_-

Diet Coke is poison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Best thread ever!

I love Coke, so I do...I actually don't think I could live without it. In fact, I have a can beside me right now! There was some offer on 24 packs for Christmas, and my mam went to town (<3 her). She got a pack of Diet Coke too, but sure we'll live.

Um, I wouldn't really drink more than 500 mls today. I picked the 500mls-1l option just to cover myself, especially as I easily passed that out during my Christmas binge. I wouldn't have some everyday mind, but a good few days anyway.

As for other fizzy drinks, meh. Coke is the God!

Advertisement