Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

TK red...nom

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    It's sold in Waterford too.. But only Euro 2 sells it 'cos it's so crap..

That's news to me. I've honestly never noticed it around. Kinda want to try it now just to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

My friends from college tried telling me that Connacht might as well be a different country its so different from everywhere else in Ireland, but I think this is the case when it comes to the south... Ye even have ye're own fizzy drinks nobody else has!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mollikins wrote: »
    That's news to me. I've honestly never noticed it around. Kinda want to try it now just to see what it's like.

Don't bother! :P It's like an overdose of sugar!

Don't bother! :P It's like an overdose of sugar!

But I like sugar. :(
    Nah I wanna try it to see how disgusting it is. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ye even have ye're own fizzy drinks nobody else has!
    They're not the only ones: doesn't anyone remember Cavan Cola!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's sold in Waterford too.. But only Euro 2 sells it 'cos it's so crap..
    Jog on -.-

But I like sugar. :(
    Nah I wanna try it to see how disgusting it is. :p
    It's lovely, try eeeeet! Noel is wrong, as he is about most things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

TK red...nom

< Ciderette. Greatest drink on the planet.

In defense of drinking diet coke, regular coke is too syrupy and heavy. Unless it's from Germany, then it's delish. Giant glass bottles all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Lads what the hell is Tanora? I've never heard of it. :confused:

Get yourself on a train to Cork and try it. A cousin of mine visited us during the Christmas break: left with four bottles of the stuff. It's just that good.

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanora

I'd never heard of this stuff :confused:

Now I understand what its like for people from other parts of the country when I try to explain what boxty is.

I miss the cans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Now I understand what its like for people from other parts of the country when I try to explain what boxty is.
    I still haven't found a good way of explaining boxty
    "It's like potato pancakes, but it doesn't taste like potato bread and it doesn't always come as pancakes, you can get other types of boxty cakes. And none of them come in a box."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Namlub wrote: »
    I miss the cans :(

So do I Namlub, so do I. :'(
    I was hoping they'd get rid of the 500ml instead of the cans tbh. As discussed earlier in the thread, Glass > Cans > Plastic

Lawliet wrote: »
    "It's like potato pancakes, but it doesn't taste like potato bread and it doesn't always come as pancakes, you can get other types of boxty cakes. And none of them come in a box."

That sounds yummy.. Do shops sell it?

Lawliet wrote: »

They dont even have it in Galway city which makes things all the more confusing. And potato cakes dont exist in most parts of the country either. Damn those easterners and southerners and their non potato centered diets!
    Noel2k9 wrote:
    That sounds yummy.. Do shops sell it?

Only in Connacht and South-West Ulster as far as I know. Heres some I bought earlier.....

boxty%20pic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Are they the same as potato farls?

They dont even have it in Galway city which makes things all the more confusing. And potato cakes dont exist in most parts of the country either. Damn those easterners and southerners and their non potato centered diets!

Only in Connacht and South-West Ulster as far as I know. Heres some I bought earlier.....

Looks like a hashbrown.. Is it a hashbrown? :pac:

Are they the same as potato farls?

Call them things potato cakes round here and no they're not the same as boxty taste is fairly different.
    Looks like a hashbrown.. Is it a hashbrown? :pac:

Well they're both made of spuds but thats about all they have in common!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Boxty ftw lads. <3 Food of kings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Post some to me :pac::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Boxty is ucky. Potato cakes on the other hand...my grandad used to make the most awesome ones I have ever tasted, you just couldn't have the shop ones after those. Nyom.

Namlub wrote: »
    It's lovely, try eeeeet! Noel is wrong, as he is about most things.
    Yeah I'll try it if I see it around somewhere in town. Leave Noely alone! :p
    Colm! wrote: »
    Get yourself on a train to Cork and try it. A cousin of mine visited us during the Christmas break: left with four bottles of the stuff. It's just that good.
    Don't tempt me! I feckin' love Cork. But I don't have to go to Cork to get it Colm. Noel says they sell it in Waterford too.

I had never heard of boxty 'til Duffy mentioned it. Ya learn something new everyday.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 a.maze

On an average college day i would easily consume 3-4 cans of fanta.
    As for the best drink in the planet try mixing coke:sprite:fanta in the ratio 2:0.5:1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

I don't drink any of that stuff. It just doesn't feel right or something.. too much sugar for nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm drinking a glass of the stuff right now!

Also, if regional fizzy drinks are being discussed, Football Special needs a mention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I rarely drink fizzy drinks. I can't believe how much of them people drink! I'd die. Water is my friend, I can't go anywhere without a good bottle of it. I'd prefer it over coke any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I rarely drink fizzy drinks. I can't believe how much of them people drink! I'd die. Water is my friend, I can't go anywhere without a good bottle of it. I'd prefer it over coke any day.

Samesies. The only time I drink fizzy drinks is as a mixer. They're too....fizzy.... That sounds stupid, but I just don't like the feeling. Also they make me burp loads. Water, coffee and Mi-Wadi Lemon are much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

ohthebaby wrote: »

Phew, thought I was the only person that drank water for a while there. :pac:

I only drink coke if I'm out for lunch or with my friends in Costa cause I don't like tea or coffee. And even then I only drink Diet cause it's nicer. Otherwise water ftw.

Also, forgot about Tanora. My brother and I used to get it when we were visiting our Granny in Cork. I haven't had any in years! Yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

On the other hand I drink milk with virtually any dinner which some people find very odd indeed.

I have to drink Milk with my dinner. I find it weird to drink anything else.

I'd normally drink fizzy drinks about once every three weeks.

Advertisement