Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I rarely drink fizzy drinks anymore, I used to obsess over them. Now I only drink them when I'm in my family home with dinner or if they come in a meal deal of some kind, generally in the cinema or McDonalds but I don't go to either very often. I've turned into a juice drinker, I love pure orange juice or the likes of Mi Wadi. And tea. Lots and lots of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

I want Rootbeer so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I rarely drink fizzy drinks anymore, I used to obsess over them. Now I only drink them when I'm in my family home with dinner or if they come in a meal deal of some kind, generally in the cinema or McDonalds but I don't go to either very often. I've turned into a juice drinker, I love pure orange juice or the likes of Mi Wadi. And tea. Lots and lots of tea.
    +1 on the juice, I'd have watermelon tropicana over coke any day. Or orange and lime tropicana, or orange and passionfruit tropicana...I LIKE TROPICANA OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Namlub wrote: »
    +1 on the juice, I'd have watermelon tropicana over coke any coke any. Or orange and lime tropicana, or orange and passionfruit tropicana...I LIKE TROPICANA OK

Multivitamin is savage in my opinion. My Mom never buys it, but I had it in France and I loved it. I'll ask her to buy some next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Namlub wrote: »
    +1 on the juice, I'd have watermelon tropicana over coke any coke any. Or orange and lime tropicana, or orange and passionfruit tropicana...I LIKE TROPICANA OK

Tropicana is amazing. Drinking me some grapefruit and orange riiiight now. What happened to their blood orange juice? Tastiest thing ever, and it just disappeared one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Tropicana is amazing. Drinking me some grapefruit and orange riiiight now. What happened to their blood orange juice? Tastiest thing ever, and it just disappeared one day.
    The sanguinello one? Aww yeah that was good stuff. Ruby Breakfast has blood orange but it's just not the same...

I think I may have a problem

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Tropicana is delicious but it's really dear! Instead, we drink Dunnes Stores Orange Juice - it isn't bad for a non-brand one. I actually use to like the orange juice from Aldi, I forget what it's called but it came in a blue carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

Aldi's apple juice is good :)
    Also RIBENA!! The proper diluted stuff.... Was on special in Dunnes last week, forgot how good it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Had a great can of coke today, twas nice and cold..... Just sayin' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Tropicana is delicious but it's really dear! Instead, we drink Dunnes Stores Orange Juice - it isn't bad for a non-brand one. I actually use to like the orange juice from Aldi, I forget what it's called but it came in a blue carton.

Oooh I used to really love that, way more than any other brand. I think its name was something to do with the sun...Can't remember now, but it was yum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Fruice ftw. Its been €1 in centra for aaages now :D

Had two cans today. Not much by my standards but hey, the can is always nicer than the bottle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Had two cans today. Not much by my standards but hey, the can is always nicer than the bottle.

It definitely is. And I have another theory that 'normal' cans are nicer than multipack cans. I'm sure it's just my imagination though - possibly as with multipacks I end up drinking more, and don't notice the taste as much as a result, possibly :o

It definitely is. And I have another theory that 'normal' cans are nicer than multipack cans. I'm sure it's just my imagination though - possibly as with multipacks I end up drinking more, and don't notice the taste as much as a result, possibly :o

Maybe single cans get stored in the fridge more often than multipack ones which you just shove into the press?

That's what we do in my house anyway.

That's true! I'll have to set up some blind taste test experiment, and using my basic knowledge of statistics, gather some data and then decide if there is any difference :P

That's true! I'll have to set up some blind taste test experiment, and using my basic knowledge of statistics, gather some data and then decide if there is any difference :P

Single factor analysis of variance I think. You'd have to devise a scale of taste for coke though!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Since challengemaster goes through so much of the stuff, he could be your guinea pig! An expert taste-tester, able to differentiate between the numerous subtle nuances of the dark elixir known as...Coke! :D

Why yes, I'm halfway through a 2L bottle as we speak, why do you ask? ;)

That's settled then, you and challengemaster shall included in my survey - expect PMs :P

This sounds fair: Each of them is blindfolded and receives a glass of coke - they don't know which it is. The next day, they receive another one - they don't know which it is. They have to rate both of them.

It can't be one after the other, because if Economics has thought me anything, the Marginal Rate of Utility decreases with each can of coke consumed.

Or alternatively, I should stop over-complicating everything
    *goes to fill glass of Coke.*

That's settled then, you and challengemaster shall included in my survey - expect PMs :P

This sounds fair: Each of them is blindfolded and receives a glass of coke - they don't know which it is. The next day, they receive another one - they don't know which it is. They have to rate both of them.

It can't be one after the other, because if Economics has thought me anything, the Marginal Rate of Utility decreases with each can of coke consumed.

Or alternatively, I should stop over-complicating everything
    *goes to fill glass of Coke.*

Ideally, you would measure the rate of change of marginal utility by giving him consecutive glasses of coke, and then alternate between the types of coke, factoring in the known rate of change of marginal utility. :P

Well, not really. That's the most awful way of doing it I could think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

You'll also need to include some kind of a placebo to discount any variables affecting the result.

So basically we have 3 tests:
    Glass vs can
    Single can vs multipack can
    Multipack can in the fridge vs multipack can from the shelf

Didn't Tom Dunne do this with crisps cos he said he was a connoisseur of crisps & he could spot a King crisp anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ideally, you would measure the rate of change of marginal utility by giving him consecutive glasses of coke, and then alternate between the types of coke, factoring in the known rate of change of marginal utility. :P

Well, not really. That's the most awful way of doing it I could think of.

If you do it that way, you will need a LOT of pee breaks. And the potential for vomitting from Coke overdose would also increase.......

.........where do I sign up?

.........where do I sign up?

Just PM me with your username, location, preferred coke type, bank details, mother's maiden name and the name of your first childhood friend and you'll be good to go :)

This offer is open to anyone, by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Lads I am WELL up for this!

We're all set so. The bank details should cover the cost of the coke used, and any extra money will be invested in err, R&D. *

Researching the effects of alcohol on the human liver :P

Just PM me with your username, location, preferred coke type, bank details, mother's maiden name and the name of your first childhood friend and you'll be good to go :)

This offer is open to anyone, by the way :)

Done, done, done, done (will give credit card details too, if you need), done, ......do imaginery childhood friends count? Didn't really have any "real" ones. :(

/overdoses on Coke to forget traumatic childhood.

Shame I'm stuck down south. If I was around Dublin, I would actually insist on this happening and on taking part in it!

Shame I'm stuck down south. If I was around Dublin, I would actually insist on this happening and on taking part in it!

We'll just wait 'til September, when you're doing your postgrad in Trinity. ;)

Imaginary childhood friends are fine :) You don't need to give me your CC details YET, I'll only require those in the unlikely event that your bank account is inexplicably cleared.

Have you ever been at home, and thirsty and in the mood for coke but there's none in the house (well there's a bottle of Tesco Cola that cost 20c but no way would I drink that horrible stuff), and are just too lazy to walk/drive/cycle to the shop - there should be some way of downloading Coke from the computer!

Here's what I suggest. A tap that plugs into the USB port of the computer. You download Coke, and the computer converts this electrical energy into liquid form, which is dispensed from the USB 2.0 Powered Dispenser.
    (patent pending).

I'll get onto sorting out that patent now! :p

Imaginary childhood friends are fine :) You don't need to give me your CC details YET, I'll only require those in the unlikely event that your bank account is inexplicably cleared.

Have you ever been at home, and thirsty and in the mood for coke but there's none in the house (well there's a bottle of Tesco Cola that cost 20c but no way would I drink that horrible stuff), and are just too lazy to walk/drive/cycle to the shop - there should be some way of downloading Coke from the computer!

Here's what I suggest. A tap that plugs into the USB port of the computer. You download Coke, and the computer converts this electrical energy into liquid form, which is dispensed from the USB 2.0 Powered Dispenser.
    (patent pending).

It's like Willy Wonka's TV chocolate from Charlie and the Choclate Factory. Brilliant! :D

I wonder how efficient the conversion from electrical energy to liquid energy would be though; I worry that the input required to produce 500ml of Coke would be equivalent to the total energy consumption of China for the past five years!

• Advertisement

OK, so almostnever is in charge of the legal side of things, KnifeWRENCH is in charge of the physics aspect of it (and he may not know it, but he's funding it too!), I'll look after insurance and accounts and stuff, and conorstuff can do all the maths and calculations :)

With regards to the conversation of energy. In Willy Wonka, a larger chocolate bar was needed because when it was converted/transmitted, the finished product was smaller. This was due to the TV being smaller. We'd have to ask ourselves, would a larger TV result in more chocolate?

Now apply it to coke. We would need a larger amount of electrical energy. So if it used two, or three USB ports, could this make a difference :P? This could potentially be expensive.

Knifey, you'd probably best forward me those CC details after all :o

Advertisement