Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Exams Thread (Procrastination ftw!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone know where is open until 9pm or thereabouts tomorrow to study in,not getting anything done here at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I <3 Mark Lanegan, and tbh some of us need one of these right now.

Lovely song!!

I left my stuff in the car. Other than that, I usually get a lift or walk in for the exams, leave all the notes at home. Fresh air/ fresh motor fumes and no panic. Hate the hassle of seeing the notes after the exam too ha!

I'm struggling to motivate myself this evening at all, don't feel great at all and painkillers are as useful as a bowl of sugar puffs.
    MCRbaby, hope you feel better soon!

Good luck to you all in the exams, however fecked ya may feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yo, in an incredibly stupid move I managed to leave my student card in the hall(small sports) after an exam yesterday. Would you suggest contacting the exam invigilators to get it back or going to the security lost and found?
    As I really need it for next week to sit more exams!

=P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I reckon they would have handed it into the lost and found. But even so, don't worry about not having the student card, they just make you sign a sheet with your student number if you don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

No, it doesn't go to the lost and found with security if lost in the hall. It's either still in the sports hall or with the exams office. You should go to SSH just after an exam period is over and ask can they look for it. If it's not there try the exams office. Failing that a student may have found it and handed it into security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Hot invigilators FTW!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

kellief wrote: »
    Lovely song!!

It is; I want to have his babies <3 :pac:

I stayed in bed all day instead of studying for my exam on Monday -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It is; I want to have his babies <3 :pac:

I stayed in bed all day instead of studying for my exam on Monday -_-

What exam is it?

EN351 - I'm not sure what the module's actually called, but it's all about theory. A bit of critical theory/Marxism, gender/queer theory, and postmodernism. It's really interesting, but I don't think I'll be able to write an exam answer on it >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

First exam tomorrow. Haven't studied much at all and I'm surprisingly not stressed. I may have a complete breakdown later though, watch this space!

• Advertisement

I keep my emergency essence on hand, I used most of it during the leaving but still have a bit left =D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Final exam on Tuesday. Then a lil' rest. Then two large assignments and my final year project due end of the month and end of next month respectfully. Joy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 AlwaysConfused

Hi
    I'm a 1stArts doing Maths, Geography and Psychology.
    I'm just worried about failing my Psychology exams and what happens if I do, because I'm not interested in keeping it up next year anyway.. if I've to repeat modules, how much does it cost?
    :(

Hi
    I'm a 1stArts doing Maths, Geography and Psychology.
    I'm just worried about failing my Psychology exams and what happens if I do, because I'm not interested in keeping it up next year anyway.. if I've to repeat modules, how much does it cost?
    :(

€60 per module (€240 for four and over). You'll need to repeat them if you fail even if you don't want to continue with Psychology.

Edit: Sorry, that was very cold and matter-of-fact! I'm a third year Psychology student; tell me the module and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

€60 per module (€240 for four and over). You'll need to repeat them if you fail even if you don't want to continue with Psychology.

Only €60.. I thought it was going to be way higher than that.. that's not so bad like? :)
    What would happen if I failed.. again, in the summer? :D

Only €60.. I thought it was going to be way higher than that.. that's not so bad like? :)
    What would happen if I failed.. again, in the summer? :D

Then you'd have to repeat it again in January 2012, either internally or externally. :P

I'm third year Psychology; what's the module? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

€60 per module (€240 for four and over).

Seriously? That's such a relief! In UCD it was €230 to repeat ONE exam :eek: I suppose it does kinda scare you into passing though.

jubella wrote: »
    Seriously? That's such a relief! In UCD it was €230 to repeat ONE exam :eek: I suppose it does kinda scare you into passing though.

Haha; yeah, I've got friends and family in UCD who went mental after they heard about the difference in cost. :p

That news has made me so happy! Not that I'm planning on failing many exams, but it's good to know! Just another thing to add to the list of why Maynooth is so much better than UCD :D
    Seriously hate that place. Dropping out of there was the best thing I ever did!

jubella wrote: »
    That news has made me so happy! Not that I'm planning on failing many exams, but it's good to know! Just another thing to add to the list of why Maynooth is so much better than UCD :D
    Seriously hate that place. Dropping out of there was the best thing I ever did!
    Ha, one of my best friends also dropped out of UCD and goes here now - she says that the whole time too :)

Also Rescue Remedy ftw!

• Advertisement

Ha, one of my best friends also dropped out of UCD and goes here now - she says that the whole time too :)

Further proof! Maynooth ftw :cool:

Then you'd have to repeat it again in January 2012, either internally or externally. :P

I'm third year Psychology; what's the module? I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Oh right.. well it's kinda both PS101 (Bio and Developmental) and PS104 (Stats), the PS104 one is tomorrow and the others Thursday. It's probably just me freaking out but I feel like I know next to nothing for the PS101 and I can't motivate myself to study it because I'm not doing in next year anyway?
    Like I did grand in the essay hand-in assignment, but that won't be enough to pass me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Gonna post this here cause it'll probably get the most views. Does anyone know why some of the computers in the Arts block aren't working. Went in there an hour ago and I tried the 4 free computers and none of them would let me log in. Same thing happened a month ago only with 5 computers that time. I saw it happen to plenty of other people as well so it's not just me.

Pretty ridiculous that 6 or 7 of them are out of use basically and the others then hogged by people all day doing study who take breaks that seem to last forever. Surely during the exams they could open the PACR for the extra few hours on the weekends to stop this problem.

The exact same thing has happened to me too - are you on about the ones in the corridor? I have a feeling that it may have happened to me in the PACR too, but I'm not certain... It's only started since they upgraded them to Windows 7.

Edit: @AlwaysConfused - there was a thread a few weeks ago asking about the Psychology exams. Here's a link to it. Also, welcome to boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No I'm on about the ones in the actual computer room. Yea I've never once had a problem before this year with them. Pretty sickening that there's only 20 or so computers on the weekend of an exam time for the 5,000 or so students here. Gonna study at home and head back in around 8.30 and hopefully there'll be a few free computers then

Tbf, it's not like there's many computers at normal times either. Apart from in my beloved ATC :pac:

On topic: You think I'd be studying for my exam tomorrow, but no. Looking at memes is much more important.

Was just wondering.. I can't remember whether it was said or not and kinda panicking... Are we allowed calculators in the Maths MT103a exam?
    :confused:

Oh and do we need/ are we given graph paper, or do we just draw graphs on regular paper.. and a maths sets allowed? :D

Yeah, we are ;) Just no log tables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

laalalalalalala. Organic farming,why won't you die!

• Advertisement

13 and a half hours until my exam and I still don't know a thing :/

oops.

Advertisement