Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Indeed it is! :)

Distance | Time | Event
    1 mile | 6.37 | Goal Mile 25 December 2011
    5k | 24:18 | Donore 17 May 2011
    10K | 54:03 | Dunshaughlin 26 June 2011
    5 miles | 42:21 | Dublin Race Series 16 July 2011
    10 miles | 1:29.08 | Dublin Race Series 21 August 2010 :o
    13.1 miles | 1:59.49 | Dublin Race Series 18 September 2010 :eek:
    26.2 miles | 3:53.30 | Dublin City Marathon 31 October 2011

menoscemo wrote: »
    What's the target for Raheny? 37 I suggest......

Currently trying to figure that out...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

What's the target for Raheny? 37 I suggest......

Yeah, if you're running sub-40 in training you should be aiming for sub-38 in a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »

This could take a while, your weakness with Math has me driven to subtraction ;)

RayCun wrote: »
    Yeah, if you're running sub-40 in training you should be aiming for sub-38 in a race.

As much as 2 minutes off? Really? That's like 20 seconds per mile faster... (or something like that - I don't do maths good! ;))

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    This could take a while, your weakness with Math has me driven to subtraction ;)

Haha! See overlapping post above!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

As much as 2 minutes off? Really? That's like 20 seconds per mile faster... (or something like that - I don't do maths good! ;))

Yeah, about 20 seconds. But race day adrenaline should account for some of that, and you'll push harder when competing. Sub 39 would be too easy, you may as well aim for sub 38.

RayCun wrote: »
    and you'll push harder when competing

And when at the edge of a cliff :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

There are no 5 mile times on your IAAF tables, mcmillan says 37:59 based on your mile but we know you are capable if a bit faster than that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Looking at that table there is no doubt but that you will be shaving minutes off all those times.
    Very impressive running over the Xmas too, the tin of roses seemed to have no effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Good woman, you're flying. 37 or bust in Raheny! Oh, and can I have the orangey ones left from the tin of Roses? They're the only ones I really like since the b**tards took out the coffee ones...:mad: Them, and the strawberry ones. Oh and I quite like the dairymilk bricky ones. And the hazelnut whirls aren't bad either... Aw crap, now I want chocolate :o

racheljev wrote: »
    Aw crap, now I want chocolate :o

Well, there's not a f*ckin trace of chocolate left in my apartment, I even found her licking the floor where she'd dropped a Malteser the other night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well, there's not a f*ckin trace of chocolate left in my apartment, I even found her licking the floor where she'd dropped a Malteser the other night :eek:

That was a seduction technique you donkey! :pac:

Oh come on!! That's taking it a bit far...as if I'd ever drop a malteser!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

racheljev wrote: »
    Good woman, you're flying. 37 or bust in Raheny! Oh, and can I have the orangey ones left from the tin of Roses? They're the only ones I really like since the b**tards took out the coffee ones...:mad: Them, and the strawberry ones. Oh and I quite like the dairymilk bricky ones. And the hazelnut whirls aren't bad either... Aw crap, now I want chocolate :o

I really don't get how people don't like that orange and strawberry ones. Though they used to be much more runny and they were even nicer then. Don't like the diary milk brick, used to love the thin dairy milks and bournvilles they had in the tin.

Roses have gone downhill, miniture heroes are crap too. Cadburys tins are rubbish. Celebrations are awesome.

Don't like the diary milk brick, .

Yep, I agree, I find the pages quite dry ;)

Don't like the diary milk brick, .

Yep, I agree, I find the pages quite dry ;)

Somebody obviously didn't make any new year's resolutions!!!

Just let it go......or count to ten when you see a typo.....sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah the years may change but still this log provides entertainment

Monday 2nd January
    Rest

Tuesday 3rd January
    10.6 @ 9:16
    A tough enough resistance run with a few yucky hills and a a lot of yucky wind. The tummy started acting up at about 7 miles so the last 30 minutes or so were not fun. The effort felt a lot harder than 9:15 but I suppose that was to be exepcted with the weather. Despite that I was pleasantly surprised that it hadn't slipped past 9:30 pace - I don't know how it didn't as it was like running into a concrete wall at some parts. A tough yet toughening run!

Wednesday 4th January
    5.03 @ 9:42
    A nice handy recovery run into work. This was the penance undertaken in order to justify a chicken wings, a 12oz rib-eye steak and a bottle of wine for digdig's birthday…Did somebody say category M45?! ;)

Thursday 5th January
    8.02 @8:22
    I'm not quite sure where this came from. It was supposed to be 10 miles (easier effort) but the time got away on me so I decided to do 6 home and 4 today instead. But then when I got to 6ish I was feeling ok and had a few more minutes so I just stretched it out to the 8. It was a good run - not windy but a few decent climbs out to the rock. Got a stitch at stillorgan and had to stop for a few breaths and it was only then I realised the pace was a stupid 8:17 average so I tried to pull it back. It didn't really work out though the total average pace was a stupid 8:22…whoops! It felt good though. Depite having a lingering headcold all week. I've managed to keep it from the neck up though which is something positive.

Friday 6th January
    4.6 @ 9:45
    A proper disciplined recovery into work after last night's antics. Legs feel good. They feel worked but not tired or strained.

16 mile LSR tomorrow and a very easy 10 on Sunday should round off the week nicely! :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digdig's birthday…Did somebody say category M45?! ;)
    Old grey digger, he ain't what he used to be :pac:

• Advertisement

Saturday 7th January
    16.08 @ 9.12

LSR in the Park with a rolling boards crew. Was a bit nervous about this after last weekend's bad 15 miler. It wasn't a replay though thank god. Enjoyed this and I think that had the plan called for more, I would have had it in me. Happy enough :)

Sunday 8th January
    10 @ 9.20

Met up with digger, Aimman and Meno in Bohernabreena Resevoir car prk and did the Duck Egg Farm run out the back of the lakes and on up toward Glenasmole past the Glencree turn and back down to the reservoir where we tagged on an extra 1.5 miles.... This was an excellent run with a long climb, fresh air and a very fast last .75 of a mile just for the hell of it.

I'm feeling strong after the week.

Ultra training week two total mileage 54.48 - Highest ever weekly total :-)

(Basically just copied that from Digger's log but he has such a nice way of putting things...not me being lazy at all!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

[

(Basically just copied that from Digger's log but he has such a nice way of putting things...not me being lazy at all!! :cool:

Down with this sort of thing. Find your own words.

Down with this sort of thing. Find your own words.

Ah I was just being a lazy sod - I never do that. Just taking advantage this once because he stalked the hell out if my trainibg this weekend! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah sure training logs are over rated so cog away says i.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great mileage CL, you'll be flying around Conn if the training is anything to go by.

Downright plagiarism ;)

Downright plagiarism ;)

Not quite... If you look closely you'll see that I actually ran .08 of a mile more than you last week. That's despite your attempts to run sly miles so I wouldn't beat you. Karma's a b***h! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Not quite... If you look closely you'll see that I actually ran .08 of a mile more than you last week. That's despite your attempts to run sly miles so I wouldn't beat you. Karma's a b***h! ;)

Karma's not the only one ;), great running missus, I'd expect you to beat your Conn time across the ultra distance at this stage!:)

Your running is fantastic, keep going!!
    Although I'll have to stop reading your log as I'm so jealous! :P

• Advertisement

Monday 9th January
    Rest

Tuesday 10th January - double day
    AM- 5.15 @ 8:49
    PM - 5.2 @ 8:49
    I don’t remember the ins and outs of either of those runs. AM was into work; PM was home from work. Don't know how or why they were the same pace; I think I was just running to feel. Nothing exciting to report.

Wednesday 11th January
    9 @ 9:15
    Late run from the quays out to Leopardstown with a few miles tagged on at the end as it suited better to get this slightly longer run in instead of having to worry about it today (lots of meetings so will be a late one but at least I knew in advance). This was supposed to be fairly easy but I set off a little too quickly; started to pull it back after a few miles (mind over matter) but wasn't too worried as I knew there were a couple of nice wee climbs up to Blackrock and Leopardstown in my future, so it meant I had enough in the bank to take those very handy. A pretty enjoyable run all round actually. And worth the awesome chocolate brownies that were waiting for me at the end…someday my sister's new job in a gourmet food shop is going to end up being not such a good thing!

Thursday 12th January
    6.6 @ 9.30
    Nice recovery back down into work this morning. Took the the most direct route as the plan was actually 5 yesterday and 10 today, so just wanted to get the mileage done (and have a bit of a lie on!). Everything felt good; except when I decked my shoulder off a set of railings where some bloke came flying out of his gates and blocked the entire path depsite not being able to pull out into the traffic in any rush - I then ran by him about half a mile down road - CL's legs:1, rude man's maserati:0 - HA. (I don't actually know why I'm laughing - if I had a maserati I'd run over everything within a 50 mile radius that wanted me to slow down for it.

Friday 13th January
    Rest

A nice break now before the back to back LSRs of 18 and 14 miles on Saturday and Sunday respectively. Fingers crossed it all goes ok - I really don't want to have bad LSRs as they totally knock the confidence! Time for the optimisn :)

(I know I have to reply on Meno's log but mad busy here so that will have to wait until lunchtime!)

Advertisement