Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Saturday 26th November
    10.77 @ 9.15
    Headed to the park to meet the group for this one. Didn't realise we were meeting at Garda HQ so had to make some illegal driving moves and run over a mile to get from the papal cross down to meet the group who had given up on us by the time we got there. Kept on running and eventually caught them after a couple of miles. Stole meno from the group (sorry :o) and had a good run with him and digdig - did some good ultra talking and training planning. It was actually a tough enough run that 6 months ago I probably would have cried during and at the very considered stopping. But I knew it wasn't going to last too long and that I'd be glad to have it done. I was all tuckered out by the end but it was a good one.

Sunday 27th November
    4.09 @ 9.22
    A hungover recovery run to town to collect the car which was deposited before a copious feed of drinks last night. This running hobby is great - only had to worry about getting a taxi home from McSorleys at some stage this morning. Saves a fortune in taxis! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

sheesh - binge eating a tin of roses and still able to spit out the miles! You're a machine! :D

Monday 28th November
    5.07 @ 8.06

Tough enough run home from work this evening up into the wind and rain. Powered through though as was just dying to get home for dins after a long day. Pushed it for a 7.25 last mile. Tough but good. : D

Tuesday 29th November
    5.08 @ 9.48
    The worst morning (weather-wise) in a long time - I hate starting in the wind and rain - don't mind if it hits when I've warmed up a bit but not pleasant to get up and out into. Anyway handy recovery to start the day.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Jeez, you really are in flying form claralara :D fair play to you!

• Advertisement

Tuesday 29th November...PM
    5.04 @ 8.59
    Was prepared all day for a late night in work and having to get a taxi home at midnight. However...I got everything done by 6.30 so decided to throw on the manky gear from this morning and run home. It was a nice surprise. And actually the quickest way to get home at that time. A doubler for me today :) Twas purty windy and cold out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

claralara wrote: »
    5.04 @ 8.59
    Was prepared all day for a late night in work and having to get a taxi home at midnight. However...I got everything done by 6.30 so decided to throw on the manky gear from this morning and run home. It was a nice surprise. And actually the quickest way to get home at that time. A doubler for me today :) Twas purty windy and cold out there!

Ah you're only showing off now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

5.04 @ 8.59

Double runs!! Great way to build up the miles for the ultra. I'll hopefully be doing loads of these through the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

jcsmum wrote: »

+1 showoff :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Emer911 wrote: »
    +1 showoff :D

"Describing somebody as a show-off carries an implicit endorsement of their capability: someone can only "show off" if they actually have something to show."

I'm a glass-half-full type of gal… Always see the positive side.. ;):D

• Advertisement

Wednesday 30th November
    5.11 @ 9.40
    Handy recovery this morning. And will definitely be on the bus this evening to give the legs a rest… This morning was the 11th day in a row running… Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

"Describing somebody as a show-off carries an implicit endorsement of their capability: someone can only "show off" if they actually have something to show."

I'm a glass-half-full type of gal… Always see the positive side.. ;):D

I'm looking at a glass jar half full of antibiotics :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

CL aka The Terminator :D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    CL aka The Terminator :D

Who's Claka?!

Thursday 1st December
    8 @ 8.50
    Was getting a bit of a sore throat yesterday evening which didn't fill me with the joys of life. Between that and the storm howling as I was going to bed, I reluctantly got my gear ready for this morning. Took 2 panadol and a spoonful of honey and hit the sack. Ended up sleeping pretty well, and woke up feeling ok, to a dark but storm-free morning. So off I went. Decided to do a few extra random loops around town to bring the mileage up. It wasn't the most comfortable run in a while but it was grand. Really not keen on the lunarglides for anything other than a recovery run but they were the only shoes I had with me (despite now owning 3 pairs of the pegasus which I love!). Felt great after it. Throat feeling a little iffy again now though. Grrr.

Rest day tomorrow. Kind of reluctant to break the running streak (today was 12 in a row) but have a coffee date before work, then a lunch date and then straight to the airport after work so no time to run. It's probably a good thing that a rest day is being forced upon me - I'm losing the run of myself (no pun intended!)

Got the results of my blood tests and surprisingly enough they showed I was on the mend…ish! He's still not overly happy. But I'm now on a normal dose of iron and not the ridiculous "my doctor could lose his practising cert over that dose" one that I''ve been on... (may be an exaggeration!). So Iron for another 2 months, 2 weeks off and then more tests. However now my Vitamin B12 levels are less than half what they should be so I've to take that supplement for 3 months. This is a whole load of fun!!

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I'm looking at a glass jar half full of antibiotics :(

Are they half empty yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Are they half empty yet?!

They're gone, roll on health!

Got the results of my blood tests and surprisingly enough they showed I was on the mend…ish! He's still not overly happy. But I'm now on a normal dose of iron and not the ridiculous "my doctor could lose his practising cert over that dose" one that I''ve been on... (may be an exaggeration!). So Iron for another 2 months, 2 weeks off and then more tests. However now my Vitamin B12 levels are less than half what they should be so I've to take that supplement for 3 months. This is a whole load of fun!!

Christ, so there are yet more drug induced improvements to come? At this rate you'll be targetting sun-3 in Berlin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    Christ, so there are yet more drug induced improvements to come? At this rate you'll be targetting sun-3 in Berlin!

They'll never let her out of the country with all her drugs that have to travel with CL these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Was getting a bit of a sore throat yesterday...Throat feeling a little iffy again now though.

You definitely need a rest day, no question. 12 days is enough for your streak. ;)

• Advertisement

Meno

Have you an opinion on her B12 deficiency now you're qualified in medicine ;)

RayCun wrote: »
    Was getting a bit of a sore throat yesterday...Throat feeling a little iffy again now though.

You definitely need a rest day, no question. 12 days is enough for your streak. ;)

Damn...think you might have me. Unless I decide to have a go at being arrested and do a few sprints up and down the runway at T1...hmmmmm.

Might get a stitch after that large coffee and even larger chocolate muffin though. Whoops.

claralara wrote:

Might get a stitch after that large coffee and even larger chocolate muffin though. Whoops.

Another muffin, are you kidding?? That's your sixth of the day and there's still 5 hours to go to midnight ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Another muffin, are you kidding?? That's your sixth of the day and there's still 5 hours to go to midnight ;)

Gosh it was delicious though!!

So I took the rest day on Friday and killed the stress after 12 good days! Have started another one though - on day 4 now but not expecting it to go so well with the Christmas social season!

Saturday 3rd December
    6.04 @ 8:18
    It was a freezing cold wet and windy morning in Liverpool and I didn't know where I was! Found a park near where I was staying which was about 2 miles in perimeter. Felt sluggish enough for this and the pace wasn't going to come down despite a little effort to push it. Was good to get out though - I was washed, fed, watered and raring to go before the others even got out of bed!

Sunday 4th December
    8.02 @ 8:42
    This was supposed to be the same 6 as Saturday at 9.30 pace but I went exploring hence the 8. And I was agitated and a bit lonely so the pace was faster than intended. It was grand but I would have way rathered a group run at 9.30/10. Oh well.

Monday 5th December
    7 @ 8:04
    Ran from town to Leopardstown.... Was prepared for a ploddy pace as there are a couple of tough hills - mount merrion and from stillorgan to white's cross are f*ckers into the wind. Wasn't watching the Garmin but knew I was giving a bit of effort. Absolutely nearly died when I got to 6 miles at 49,30 - actually cursed put loud because I thought the Garmin was really kaput but when I checked the time I realised that I had in fact just run a 10k pb - didnt break 50 but current pb is 54:xx! Really good run, happy out after Sunday's.

Tuesday 6th December
    6.86 @ 8:57
    A cold and dark but enjoyable 6am trot into work. Felt very comfortable but it was downhill - the return leg of last night's run on creaky legs.

You were running while off on a boozy weekend away? :eek:

You were running while off on a boozy weekend away? :eek:

Ah, she wasn't drinking Meno, well apart from the "2 glasses" of wine that had her calling me at 1.30 A.M. Asking if I'd fly to Liverpool to join her for her Sunday run ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

So I took the rest day on Friday and killed the stress after 12 good days! Have started another one though - on day 4 now but not expecting it to go so well with the Christmas social season!

Saturday 3rd December
    6.04 @ 8:18
    It was a freezing cold wet and windy morning in Liverpool and I didn't know where I was! Found a park near where I was staying which was about 2 miles in perimeter. Felt sluggish enough for this and the pace wasn't going to come down despite a little effort to push it. Was good to get out though - I was washed, fed, watered and raring to go before the others even got out of bed!

Sunday 4th December
    8.02 @ 8:42
    This was supposed to be the same 6 as Saturday at 9.30 pace but I went exploring hence the 8. And I was agitated and a bit lonely so the pace was faster than intended. It was grand but I would have way rathered a group run at 9.30/10. Oh well.

Monday 5th December
    7 @ 8:04
    Ran from town to Leopardstown.... Was prepared for a ploddy pace as there are a couple of tough hills - mount merrion and from stillorgan to white's cross are f*ckers into the wind. Wasn't watching the Garmin but knew I was giving a bit of effort. Absolutely nearly died when I got to 6 miles at 49,30 - actually cursed put loud because I thought the Garmin was really kaput but when I checked the time I realised that I had in fact just run a 10k pb - didnt break 50 but current pb is 54:xx! Really good run, happy out after Sunday's.

Tuesday 6th December
    6.86 @ 8:57
    A cold and dark but enjoyable 6am trot into work. Felt very comfortable but it was downhill - the return leg of last night's run on creaky legs.

Good running, but a word of warning. There doesnt seem to be any recovery/easy stuff in there at all. You may be doing too much too soon. It's great that your running at a higher level now and exciting times lay ahead but its ok to reign it in once or twice a week with a 9'30-10'00 recovery run.

Good running, but a word of warning. There doesnt seem to be any recovery/easy stuff in there at all. You may be doing too much too soon. It's great that your running at a higher level now and exciting times lay ahead but its ok to reign it in once or twice a week with a 9'30-10'00 recovery run.

+1 alternate your runs between easy and hard. Run the hard ones hard and the easy ones easy. If it's neither hard nor easy then it's pretty much Junk. Always take an easy/recovery run after a hard session.

• Advertisement

+1 alternate your runs between easy and hard. Run the hard ones hard and the easy ones easy. If it's neither hard nor easy then it's pretty much Junk. Always take an easy/recovery run after a hard session.

I'm not sure there's any talking to her these days.....

Advertisement