Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

"pint" is a word with no future plural and no past singular. The correct usage is

- are you going for a pint?

- we had a few pints.

Birthday and first marathon ==> pints till you drop unconscious (probably less than one) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Best of luck this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck on Sunday, see you over at the soup and sambo buffet afterwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Wish I was running this one too:(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mrslow wrote: »

+1, stupid ITB :(

• Advertisement

You just want soup and sambos! :P

Aimman wrote: »
    You just want soup and sambos! :P

I want another shiny medal dammit:mad:

I want another shiny medal dammit:mad:

Why dont you go to the Phoenix Park on Sunday, Stand around for two hours, spend the next hour walking along the roads jammed with people, eventually dodging and battling all the Arm in Arm walkers, suffer the usual pile up as everyone stops at the first table at the water stations, bust a vessel trying to scale the Lower Glenn Road only to have your position robbed one inch from the finish line by some cocky 16 year old and queue half an hour for a goody bag. You'd deserve a medal atfer that! :D

Aimman wrote: »
    Why dont you go to the Phoenix Park on Sunday, Stand around for two hours, spend the next hour walking along the roads jammed with people, eventually dodging and battling all the Arm in Arm walkers, suffer the usual pile up as everyone stops at the first table at the water stations, bust a vessel trying to scale the Lower Glenn Road only to have your position robbed one inch from the finish line by some cocky 16 year old and queue half an hour for a goody bag. You'd deserve a medal atfer that! :D

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes, thanks though!;)

Roll on Cork, I believe a few of the pacers are dubious though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck on Sunday Claralara - been following your log with interest - have a great day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Best of luck on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Very best of luck. All the hard work is done now, it's all about relaxing and going insane.

At the start Sunday make sure you take some time to look around you, it's one of the nicest places in the country around the lough. Take a little time to soak it in. There is something magical in the hills. The first half is to be enjoyed, the drop down Killary into Leenane needs to be seen to be truely appreciated. Enjoy it and dont focus on what is to come over the second half. Its going to hurt but you know that and you have prepared for it. You will be passing loads of half runners over the last few miles, work off that and pick them off one at a time, it will make you think you are flying.

Anyway if you see an overweight, undertrained bloke in a maroon top looking totally lost and bewidlered give me a wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Good luck Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Cheers for all the good wishes lads! Really nervous and excited now. The fact that I've gotten through the day in work is a miracle!

I was in a meeting there and the boss who has a sore throat made a point of facing and breathing the other way...apparently he's scared of me and my wrath if he were to infect me at this late stage (leave it out you pair!!)

I just hope I’ll be back with good news on Monday!!

BTW – orange tshirt, ‘warrior princess’, will be either crying like a girl or grinning like a pig in sh1t…say howaya! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

[HTML][/HTML]
    shazkea wrote: »
    Best of luck on Sun and I look forward to an interesting report ;)

And me!
    Best of Luck Clara...hope you enjoy it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Best of luck on Sunday claralara! I've been following the thread since you started in Jan so it's great motivation! Even was out for a few runs with the gang in the Park back in those cold days in Jan. Seems like ages ago now... well might see you on the finish line in Maam after my half :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Bonne chance parc d'attractions;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good Luck tomorrow Claralara. I'm sure you'll be great. Enjoy the views. I'll be looking forward to the race report.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

Good luck tomorrow - will be dying to read your race report!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Good luck with your first marathon! Whatever it'll be will be a PB :-) Will give you a shout if I see you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Dying to hear how you got on claralara.

Dont leave us waiting too long!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

She finished in 4:28. Cracking performance.

Well done missy.

She finished in 4:28. Cracking performance.

Well done missy.

She's o'er the moon and rightly so!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Aw fantastic news!!

Im delighted for ya, really am. You have came along way and kept us all very entertained throughout! Enjoy the pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Fantastic result. well done.dublin will be a breeze after that :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Pink Champagne, a Cooper S and a first Marathon....C'est ma fille ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fantastic stuff clara! Can't wait to read your report. Enjoy a well deserved rest, you've earned it :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Congrats to you, well done.
    If the weather up in Galway was anything like it was in Kilkenny I'd say a few people may have sunburn today :)

Looking forward to your report on the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

To echo everyone else - where's the report, Clara ?

Seriously though - well done, am delighted for you.

Now, about that report...:)

Advertisement