Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    You tried to get in did you? Did you not see the sign at the entrance? Strictly under 30's only.
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    It was closed and looked like it hadn't done any business in quite some time....:D

I've nothing to add to this :pac:

I'm not sure what you're laughing at......;)

True!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

mrslow wrote: »
    I've nothing to add to this :pac:

Love it..... man I missed this place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

It was closed and looked like it hadn't done any business in quite some time....:D

I'd be concerned that your new found love of mountain orienteering might encourage to you to visit for an adventure so for your reference (because I fear for your safety in the absence of it), see the following link to a map of the grounds - http://www.claralara.com/frames.htm

A day of fun in the park is not recommended without having studied the above in great detail. Sure you'd waste the day trying to find your way around! :D

I was pretty sure ye were talkin about something else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Week 8/14
    Monday Rest
    Tuesday 5miles
    Wednesday 8miles
    Thursday 5miles
    Friday Rest
    Saturday 13miles (hilly!):eek:
    Sunday TBC :cool:

Monday 21st February
    - Rest - much needed. The body was in some sort of twilight zone - achy and heavy and tired but not in pain. Left shin felt a little tender but nothing to worry about. The only thing I was worried about yesterday was my appetite, which appears to have transformed into something from a horror film...:eek:

Tuesday 22nd February
    - 7.99miles - Av moving pace 9.23
    Bleedin raging - .01 short of an 8 miler!! Ran by the office at 7.8 so thought if I went past it as far as 7.9 and sprinted back that I'd be bang on 8 - nope, the mathematical tard shines again! This was only supposed to be 5 but I remembered I have something on tomorrow night and most likely won't get a run in. Was really enjoying this run so I just stuck at it. The calves were heavy and achy but in a good way. I'm realising how insanely small Dublin is - found myself in Terenure and Kimmage and back through Harold's X into town on my travels. Bizarre! No niggles and I really relly enjoyed this despite it being a tough enough easy run with the 18miles lingering in the legs.

I'll try get 3 easy miles in before work tomorrow but I can't guarantee that will happen...I'm loving bed these days.

What's the story with missing runs during marathon training around
    here? Acceptable the odd time? Totally frowned upon? Why aren't there more hours in the day and more days in the weekend?!!

Bleedin raging - .01 short of an 8 miler!!
    It discounts the other 7.9, so you may aswell not have gone out!
    I'm loving bed these days.
    We heard that about you
    here?
    You'll live, try not to miss the long ones though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

here? Acceptable the odd time? Totally frowned upon? Why aren't there more hours in the day and more days in the weekend?!!

Missing a midweek short run will do you no harm. Great running with the 18 at the weekend btw, you’re flying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

[QUOTE=claralara;70809549Monday 21st February
    I'm realising how insanely small Dublin is - found myself in Terenure and Kimmage and back through Harold's X into town on my travels. Bizarre!
    QUOTE]

I used to find that too. I'd have covered Templeogue, Terenure, Harolds X, Rathfarnham and the garmin would read only 8 miles! :rolleyes:

Yeah I am finding it as well. I run a circuit from ballyroan road up to beside bushy park and then turn left into templeogue and back onto ballyroan road. Swear to god its no more than 4km at a push!! Suits me fine now but as I go for longer runs I am going to have to find other routes....

I am going to have to meet up with one or two of you templeogue heads and find me some new routes!! Otherwise I may resort to running to work in the morning and nobody wants that!

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    I used to find that too. I'd have covered Templeogue, Terenure, Harolds X, Rathfarnham and the garmin would read only 8 miles! :rolleyes:

I remember my aunty saying that that was one of the hardest things she found running DCM when she did it years ago - that she found herself in Crumlin knowing she had to get back to town via UCD and wondering how she was ever going to get there!

Like I ran 8 miles out the other door last week and passed UCD, Clonskeagh, Milltown, Ranelagh, Leeson St before getting back!

Crazy!

I remember my aunty saying that that was one of the hardest things she found running DCM when she did it years ago - that she found herself in Crumlin knowing she had to get back to town via UCD and wondering how she was ever going to get there!

Like I ran 8 miles out the other door last week and passed UCD, Clonskeagh, Milltown, Ranelagh, Leeson St before getting back!

Crazy!

You're looking at it from an endurance runner's perspective, covering 8 miles on foot is daunting for a lot of people, it's your midweek run!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Yeah I am finding it as well. I run a circuit from ballyroan road up to beside bushy park and then turn left into templeogue and back onto ballyroan road. Swear to god its no more than 4km at a push!! Suits me fine now but as I go for longer runs I am going to have to find other routes....

I am going to have to meet up with one or two of you templeogue heads and find me some new routes!! Otherwise I may resort to running to work in the morning and nobody wants that!

You're going really close to Tymon Park, you should do a lap or two in there

Might I have passed you in my travels yesterday evening, i was around that neck of the woods.
    Why not go up Taylors Lane and left down the side of St Enda's park and into Rathfarnham village and then on to Bushy park that way. Or make your loop bigger and add Firhouse to the mix..... so many choices! Or add Marlay park (if its open). I like the loop around Bushy park, so few roads to cross. The roads off the Ballyroan road are good too very little traffic, go down one, up another.... :)

Might I have passed you in my travels yesterday evening, i was around that neck of the woods.
    Why not go up Taylors Lane and left down the side of St Enda's park and into Rathfarnham village and then on to Bushy park that way. Or make your loop bigger and add Firhouse to the mix..... so many choices! Or add Marlay park (if its open). I like the loop around Bushy park, so few roads to cross. The roads off the Ballyroan road are good too very little traffic, go down one, up another.... :)

You may well have....I am lanky bloke who was pissing along last night at a nice rate of knots!! The run last night felt good purely cuz of the fact I knew I was getting away and not being made watch greys anatomy with the two girls in my house at them time.

See I am not a templogue native and still only know a limited number of streets and the general area around templogue.... Very closeted us country folk! I actually hail from close to Mr. Slow!

You may well have....I am lanky bloke who was pissing along last night at a nice rate of knots!! The run last night felt good purely cuz of the fact I knew I was getting away and not being made watch greys anatomy with the two girls in my house at them time.

See I am not a templogue native and still only know a limited number of streets and the general area around templogue.... Very closeted us country folk! I actually hail from close to Mr. Slow!

Why don't you check out mapmyrun.com for possible routes aswell. I was home long before Greys anatomy started (although I have given up watching it, my constant eye rolling was beginning to hurt :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:)

So you're a neighbour of Mr Slow's eh? I'm from further south again....

I thought you were true blue K, People's Republic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Banana Republic :D

Banana Republic :D

:pac::pac::pac:

You just couldn't let that one pass??!!! :D

:eek:(that's my 'hint' face)

• Advertisement

I see my log has become the new ‘meet up’ forum since digdig and mrslow were forcibly removed for inappropriate behaviour. Always happy to oblige! By the way, seeing as I’m a marathon virgin and wasn’t part of the cool DCM’10 crowd, all of your banana jokes are lost on me. I have, therefore, decided to conjue up in my own mind what exactly must have happened to start this banana fascination, and I must say – it’s pretty entertaining! :rolleyes:

Wednesday 23rd February
    - Approx 5.5miles covered but only as a mere walker running errands around town for work.
    I was pretty exhausted after it though I must admit. And the 72 million flights of stairs up to the nose bleed seats in the Grand Canal Theatre last night were like 72 million individual and separate Mount Everests! Mrslow as my AA enforcement officer you will be happy to learn that I had only one bottle of beer and half a glass of wine last night despite everyone else horsing into it and despite it being payday…this was a big first and in turn I want a prize! :D

Thursday 24th February
    - 6.06 miles – Av Pace 9.26
    I haven’t managed to shake last weekend’s LSR out of the legs. So although this was a comfortable and somewhat enjoyable run, it was very slow (compared to last week’s pace of about 8.45 for the same easy route). There was just nothing in the legs, I literally couldn’t have accelerated for the life of me; no threat would have been worse than having to speed up! I hope they’ll be rested and fresh for Saturday now though – that was my motivation to get this one out of the way early.

a pace of 9.26 is not slow, although I hear what you are saying. I ran on Tuesday a pace of 9.45, can't remember the last time I went that pace for a non LSR.
    Your legs are tired and no wonder.

As for the banana references, I'll tell you in person. I cant have those 2 bould lads making lewd comments on your 'pristine' training log. ;)

all of your banana jokes are lost on me. I have, therefore, decided to conjue up in my own mind what exactly must have happened to start this banana fascination, and I must say – it’s pretty entertaining!

Jcsmum was out in the Phoenix Park wandering around when suddenly she found herself in desperate need of something filling;), finding herself on her own and wondering how she'd manage to get back to the car without having her needs taken care of she was overcome by the sight of an elderly gentleman in a luminous string vest who brought her to his vehicle and gave her his banana!:D

(She had a bad day at the office and dropped off the back of the group, Digger went back looking for her and saw her back to the car)

Jcsmum was out in the Phoenix Park wandering around when suddenly she found herself in desperate need of something filling;), finding herself on her own and wondering how she'd manage to get back to the car without having her needs taken care of she was overcome by the sight of an elderly gentleman in a luminous string vest who brought her to his vehicle and gave her his banana!:D

(She had a bad day at the office and dropped off the back of the group, Digger went back looking for her and saw her back to the car)

:pac:
    words fail me!

Honestly, Everytime I read this story I crack up laughing....Jus hadn a couple of ppl in work look at me cuz I was in tears laughing at this again....

Clara its ok.... We have now brought you to the DCM'10 level ;)..... Though till you pop that cherry....... You jus won't know.... know what it feels like to want that banana... :P

Honestly, Everytime I read this story I crack up laughing....Jus hadn a couple of ppl in work look at me cuz I was in tears laughing at this again....

Clara its ok.... We have now brought you to the DCM'10 level ;)..... Though till you pop that cherry....... You jus won't know.... know what it feels like to want that banana... :P

Glad you find stories of my running distress & discomfort amusing while turning a gentlemanly and selfless act into a laughing matter.
    I am not amused! ;)

gentlemanly and selfless act

Every dog has his day!

It was also a Fyffes......Nothing but quality;)

I see my log has become the new ‘meet up’ forum since digdig and mrslow were forcibly removed for inappropriate behaviour. Always happy to oblige! By the way, seeing as I’m a marathon virgin and wasn’t part of the cool DCM’10 crowd, all of your banana jokes are lost on me. .

There's always Mallow......:D

• Advertisement

There's always Mallow......:D

That sounds like a threat... You can keep your fyffes to yourself. I prefer fairtrade.

Advertisement