Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

digger2d2 wrote: »
    6 inch heels and compression socks...:eek:
    Hawt. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

6 inch heels and compression socks...:eek:
    Hawt. :pac:

And sports bras and straws.......It just gets worse.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

I'm a non runner for Sat morning guys, will be going solo on Sunday instead. My wife's aunt died last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Sorry to hear that Mr S.

I'm still ok for Saturday at 9 in the Papal car park by the way Clara. If the time changes, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm still ok for Saturday at 9 in the Papal car park by the way Clara. If the time changes, let me know.

I'll be there in spirit as myslef and RK run into the olympic stadium on the international breakfast run :pac: let us know how your 20 miler goes. I'll definately be up for the next one on Paddy's day.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'll be there in spirit as myslef and RK run into the olympic stadium on the international breakfast run :pac: let us know how your 20 miler goes. I'll definately be up for the next one on Paddy's day.

Good luck, bring us back a stick of rock!

Meno and spirits in the one sentence gives me many funny gags which i shall keep for another day.:D

Count me out of running on Paddy's day, Cheltenham's on.

Meno and spirits in the one sentence gives me many funny gags which i shall keep for another day.:D

Count me out of running on Paddy's day, Cheltenham's on.

You running there instead?:D Giddy up Horsey!

mrslow wrote: »
    You running there instead?:D Giddy up Horsey!

Nope but my money will be:D

Nope but my money will be:D

4/6 says he's Meno's twin.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

40 days to go.. how ya feeling? :pac::D

37 days 21 hours 56 minutes 19 seconds...approximiately... Feeling grand. Not panicking at all. Cool, calm and collected...:eek::eek: If you believe that, i'll take the ammunition of your gullibility and have a field day with practical jokes!
    Well done on those 5 miles. Don't get too worried about niggles, your mind will begin to play tricks on you which will make the smallest thing into a mountain. This is normal and happens to everyone. I could give you examples but you would then read it and think you have the aliment so no examples....

I'm looking forward to this log when taper madness hits in about 25 days, it should be great reading.

Oh my god that's exactly what I have. I think it's terminal. Arrgh!:eek:
    I'm glad my misery will be such a source of entertainment. If you'd like me to take a creative writing lesson in the meantime just to really bring it up to scratch, I'd certainly do that for you! :)
    Quick question, are you spending much time in your 6" heels?

Not as much time are you and digdig are.
    6 inch heels and compression socks, and sports bras and straws. People stare but I'm comfortable. It made for some interesting DCM training and it didn’t really go so well on the day when I had to run in trainers and tights (too restricting) but I’d take the 18 week training / cross dressing experience over a 2 hour marathon any day! Keep up the good work, you’re awesome!

Okaaayy…:confused:
    I did add in the ‘you’re awesome’ bit myself but I know it’s what you think so I was just helping you to find the words. You’re welcome.
    menoscemo wrote: »

Spirit is better than nothing I suppose. I can't believe you're bailing on my biggie after it was both of yisser talk that got me into this ridiculous situation in the first place! :pac:

Best of luck this weekend you crazy cats! I haven't had the time to catch up the crazy in your logs this week but I look forward to a good read tonight :)
    4/6 says he's Meno's twin.....;)

You say twin, we hear female dog...:cool:

claralara wrote: »
    Not as much time are you and digdig are.

That was a constructive comment on my part, I wondered would they add to the strain or tightness as I know when you're not working/running you like to get the glad rags on!:( Always the smarta5s!:P

That was a constructive comment on my part, I wondered would they add to the strain or tightness as I know when you're not working/running you like to get the glad rags on!:( Always the smarta5s!:P

Sorry, it's just difficult to take you seriously. Ever. And I'm so quick witted too! :D
    I've gotten bold in work and only wear the good heels in meetings. When I'm just faffing around the office, I have a hideous sensible pair of granny heels from clarks. I actually find that a day walking around in pumps i.e. stupid shoes with no support would result in more pain/tightness. I feel like I might as well be jumping on concrete barefoot with those. I'm gonna have to start wearing the clunker runners full time. My high arches do not like flat shoes. :(

Friday 4th March
    - 5.72 miles – Av Pace 9.12
    Easy run into work this morning. Didn’t get out yesterday in the end with work being manic so I was glad to get this in. Becoming very fond of the snooze button these days. I must put a stop to that! My ever increasing lack of prepared-ness means that my backpack that I originally used to transport my phone and wallet is now being filled with phone, wallet, clothes, toiletries, lunch etc and proving to be quite heavy! I must also get back into the habit of leaving stuff in work. Good news on the shin/calf niggle and it’s reduced presence since the concerted efforts to roll and stretch this week.

Sorry, it's just difficult to take you seriously. Ever. And I'm so quick witted too! :D
    I've gotten bold in work and only wear the good heels in meetings. When I'm just faffing around the office, I have a hideous sensible pair of granny heels from clarks. I actually find that a day walking around in pumps i.e. stupid shoes with no support would result in more pain/tightness. I feel like I might as well be jumping on concrete barefoot with those. I'm gonna have to start wearing the clunker runners full time. My high arches do not like flat shoes. :(

Oh my God I'm sooo bored. :cool::pac:

Oh my God I'm sooo bored. :cool::pac:

You asked! :p

You asked! :p

Here's what I expected 'I have actually, that mightn't be helping, good point' not a long drawn out monologue about changing shoes to suit a trip to the loo.:pac:

Saturday 5th March
    - 3.20miles – Av Pace 8.46
    20miler postponed because there was too much to do and I also would have been murdered had I fallen asleep in my dinner at 4pm which would have been very likely. Managed to nip out between party preparation and christening for a quickie around the block – partly because I wanted to go for a run, mostly because I couldn’t cope with the several opinionated chefs in the kitchen! It was a nice run but I was a little concerned that I wasn’t doing myself any favours in advance of today...

Sunday 6th March :D
    - 20.83miles :D – 3.20.15 :D – Av Pace 9.36 :D
    I'm happy today just in case you didn't guess...:D
    Headed over to the park for 8 this morning and did just over 6 miles before hooking up with mr.slowpoke and spagbol who had agreed to haul my a$s to 20 miles. Took a gel and a quick drink at the car and headed off. Had my new belt filled with gels and the bottle filled with lucozade sport and was ordered reminded at regular intervals to drink. Felt pretty good throughout so I figure they knew what they were talking about. Took another gel at about 16 miles and at that stage I was thinking ‘Ah grand, only another 4 miles. Easy!’ Not bad. Finished off on a lovely scenic trot around Farmleigh. Was feeling a bit wrecked at 18 but when I hit 19 at 3.02 I felt great! Did an extra little loop before the car park to bring it over 20 and it got closer to 21 but I wasn’t allowed lap the carpark...:rolleyes: Delighted with that run this morning. The Cheshire cat grin couldn’t be wiped from my ugly mug! Huge thanks to the lads for coming out and getting me through that. The conversation was as intellectual as ever... my post race Mallow outfit will be carefully thought out and hopefully up to the lads’ expectations!;)

Ah the girl did well today and you were full of energy when we made the cars. You'll be fine for the big day as you know that you have done the training and that will get you over any sticky patches.

Regarding the conversations, what goes on a lsr, stays on a lsr:D

Just to say tassles have their place, both of them:D

Well done!

• Advertisement

Just to say tassles have their place, both of them:D

Well done!

:D

That's great running claralara, it must have been fun running in the park with the lads.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Great running. Sound like you'll fly that marathon.

...now for some hills?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Well done clara, that's great fantastic work you are putting in! Delighted for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Super going at the weekend. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

great run on Sunday! When I see
    20.83miles :D
    in my head I'm thinking
    20.83miles :eek::eek:

Post LSR recovery yesterday was interesting... I was sitting on the couch in my compression socks eating and drinking (of course!) and got a call from my mates to say they were on the way to collect me for our date to flirt with death by flinging ourselves off the side of a cliff! Ok, it may not have been that dramatic but climbing up a hill to abseil back down it was not high on my list of priorities yesterday. It was fun though. Until I had to climb 179, yes (I counted) ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE :eek: steps, to drop my helmet and safety harness back to the top. Good grief I thought my legs were going to melt! Anyway it was a fun afternoon and it excused dinner #2 of the day...ish!:rolleyes:

Now for the next 24 hours, in advance of lent, I intend to live 100% on junk food! (I just had pancakes and a jar of nutella for dinner!) From Wednesday we'll have the annual hell of no chocolate, sweets or crisps. And by 'annual' I mean second - last year was my first ever successful attempt. (The only exception will be marathon related jellies!) :)

Week 10 / 14
    Monday Attack of the Foam Roller
    Tuesday 5 miles
    Wednesday 8 miles
    Thursday 5 miles
    Friday Rest
    Saturday 12 miles
    Sunday ?

I think I must have lost count at some stage. Surely I couldn't be at week 10 already?! Huh?! :confused:

I'm away this weekend so I'll see how those 12 miles fit in. I'll get them though. Looks like the other runs are all gonna be pre-work for the week so early nights all round!

Emer911 wrote: »
    Great running. Sound like you'll fly that marathon.

...now for some hills?:rolleyes:

Yes, hills...I remember some wise old sages telling me once that pain and hills are my friends... And friends will be needed to get me through Connemara!

I'm away the next 2 weekends but I'll get onto you then for a good painful enjoyable hilly run if you're up for it.

In the meantime I'm considering hitting that glenamuck road for some sort of copycat but lesser version of your hill workout perhaps one evening a week. Eek. We shall see how the next few weeks pan out!

I was sitting on the couch in my compression socks eating cliff! Ok, it may not have been that dramatic but climbing up on his helmet, safety harness back. Good grief I thought my legs were going to melt! Anyway it was a fun afternoon !:rolleyes:

I just don't have the words claralara.........:eek:

• Advertisement

I just don't have the words claralara.........:eek:

Neither did Cliff! :cool:

Advertisement