Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

blockic wrote: »
    You're only hanging on for his pension! Not long now...

J4ysus - Don't mention the war...

Note to self, sort out the fcuking pension

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

digger2d2 wrote: »
    J4ysus - Don't mention the war...

Note to self, sort out the fcuking pension

Never too young to start! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great update CL - you're going great these days!

I love those mind games - its amazing how running can be as much of a mental game as a physical one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Great update CL - you're going great these days!

I love those mind games - its amazing how running can be as much of a mental game as a physical one.

Thank you for commenting on my training which is, of course, why I've half resurrected the log (and not to discuss our Digger's procrastination on all things life important!)

The mind games can be right feckers with any number of possible outcomes depending on the mood / tiredness / hunger / work and life stresses on a given day. Great when you can overcome them but not always possible. Had a bad 12 miler a few Sundays back and had to take a moment to compose myself after nearly bursting into tears after 5 miles!!

Just in from an easy 10 miler with the adopted Stew - very enjoyable as he was in quite good form and not at all grumpy and angry... Either that, or I worked him too hard! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

claralara wrote: »
    Just in from an easy 10 miler with the adopted Stew - very enjoyable as he was in quite good form and not at all grumpy and angry... Either that, or I worked him too hard! ;)

I'm Glad you found it easy. That's the fastest I've ran in a month!!

Ref the lack of grumpiness: for once I wasn't hungover and we were in the more familiar and comfortable surroundings of Tallaght ;)

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'm Glad you found it easy. That's the fastest I've ran in a month!!

Ref the lack of grumpiness: for once I wasn't hungover and we were in the more familiar and comfortable surroundings of Tallaght ;)

Did you fart at all? I got grief for farting in the jacks recently whilst her ladyship was in another room!!

Did you fart at all? I got grief for farting in the jacks recently whilst her ladyship was in another room!!

No, I generally only fart when I'm hungover . Now get back to your box you sexist pig ;)

No, I generally only fart when I'm hungover . Now get back to your box you sexist pig ;)

Haha..... I know who was offended on behalf of the women of the state and when I see HIM next, I'll be advising him of my displeasure ;)

Haha..... I know who was offended on behalf of the women of the state and when I see HIM next, I'll be advising him of my displeasure ;)

Yeah Gavlor is a wanker alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Girl power for the win

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Girl power for the win

T Spice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

claralara wrote: »
    Thank you for commenting on my training which is, of course, why I've half resurrected the log (and not to discuss our Digger's procrastination on all things life important!)

The mind games can be right feckers with any number of possible outcomes depending on the mood / tiredness / hunger / work and life stresses on a given day. Great when you can overcome them but not always possible. Had a bad 12 miler a few Sundays back and had to take a moment to compose myself after nearly bursting into tears after 5 miles!!

Re AMK and your point about mind games - I can relate. The "Dusch" as you call him had me running an 8 and 5 today. I could barely stomach the 8, was so horrible- the 5 was like a completely different day... Sometimes it's just about perseverance, which you have in spades!

T Spice :D

Sorry digger- think the correct term is t- bag!

dukeraoul wrote: »
    The "Dusch" had me running an 8 and 5 today.
    dukeraoul wrote: »
    Sorry digger- think the correct term is t- bag!

Hey man, that's no way to talk about TRR, especially when he is not around here to defend himself. Have some respect :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Another one bites the dust. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

pconn062 wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust. :confused:

Sorry to see this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Ahh nooo :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

closed account??

Hey take digger with you!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

I wonder was it something to do with the fact that nobody really commented or asked about her training. In her training log. :pac:

Farts yes. The training of an elite athlete? No, no, nooooooo

Come back CL. We will be good.

• Advertisement

I wonder was it something to do with the fact that nobody really commented or asked about her training. In her training log. :pac:

Farts yes. The training of an elite athlete? No, no, nooooooo

Come back CL. We will be good.

Good point - I think that's a factor with a lot of logs these days.

Not much training talk. No critique of plans etc - Too many 'well dones'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

I don't know any of the people here in real life but I felt the 'banter' was always a bit too much on this log. Shame really because many runners could have learned a lot by reading CL's actual training!!

I know we like to have a bit of fun too with 'Are ya still with X' and 'Is X getting fatter as you get thinner' and all that ****e but it was taken to another level here.

I followed Cl's progress closely as many of our times are similar. Now I just hope I can get near her marathon time - I don't want to beat it, just get within 2 minutes.

I agree but then again I am not sure you want or need anyone critiquing your training when you have a coach already doing that and giving you your plans. You have to trust your coach 100% and you don't really need advice of anyone else in that situation.

Sometimes with work and training you just don't have time for boards and it can become a hindrance more than anything.

I am sure CL is watching all this and having a chuckle over the 'debate'. Hopefully she will come back to us in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I agree but then again I am not sure you want or need anyone critiquing your training when you have a coach already doing that and giving you your plans. You have to trust your coach 100% and you don't really need advice of anyone else in that situation.

Sometimes with work and training you just don't have time for boards and it can become a hindrance more than anything.

I am sure CL is watching all this and having a chuckle over the 'debate'. Hopefully she will come back to us in time.

Yes, but will she come back as claralara or as taytopark?

I agree with you on CL - I was talking generically about Boards A/R.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Very sad to see this log closed. Cannot honestly contribute much but it was very interesting to see the progress, how the work was done etc, etc.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the "well dones" ... less sure about what passes as "trash talk"/banter.

Come back CL!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Was never a big poster on this log, but definitely read it all the time an update popped up! Shame to see its gone, but good luck with the training and upcoming race!!

Hi all!

CL here...Kindly posting under the guise of Mr Digger. I probably should have posted a closing comment but 20/20 hindsight vision etc etc. The reasons for my departure from Boards are pretty simple and straightfoward and (fortunately / unfortunately?!) none other than it's not really part of my life anymore.

I haven't shut up shop in a moment of anger or passion over anything in particular. The trash banter on my log was around for a long time; it's just that previously there were regular training and racing updates interspersed therewith! It will take a lot more than closing my Boards Account to be free from everything that goes on the logs - far too many of you have my contact details and know where I live to make getting away in any way easy ;)

When I first started posting, my log was a motivator to keep me on the straight and narrow. I no longer need the pressure of having to log a run to make sure I get out and training. Running is now 100% a part of my daily life - right up there with eating and sleeping.

I spend all day in work sitting down the computer all day with no access to Boards (and no time to faff even if I did) and I rarely sit down with the internet in the evenings. I struggle these days to even keep the coach updated on my daily training! So when I wasn't logging, whether for my own or readers' interest, I didn't see the point in keeping it alive. My log was never of the calibre of some others where readers would actually gain something from a training point of view so I don't think it'll be overly missed in that regard...

I also don't contribute to the main forum in any meaningful way so I'm happy to revert to being a lurker and continue to keep tabs on everyone else whilst skulking away into the background.

The A/R forum has been and is a super resource and I've built some super friendships from my time as an active poster but for the time being, I'm calling it a day. I may be back in a couple of months when I'm twiddling my thumbs looking for distractions and missing the trash talk but right now there aren't enough hours in the week to continue my double life ;)

I'll take the opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged me over the last few years. I'm sure I'll still see you guys the whole time at races and beery social mile events so you're not really rid of me! Best of luck to everyone in their endeavours and may you all continue to train well and race hard.

Yours in running,
    claralara :)

^^^^^
    Digger has never gotten so many 'thanks' in his life. He normally just posts a load of sh1t :pac:

• Advertisement

^^^^^
    Digger has never gotten so many 'thanks' in his life. He normally just posts a load of sh1t :pac:

We are back to the kind of conversation that made CL close her account in the first place ;)

Anyway, wtf were you doing up at the time you posted this.... You've been running 10 minute miles recently and you're pacing a 1:40 half at the weekend... You need your sleep!! ;):D

Advertisement