Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

belcarra wrote: »
    So that was the secret to her success?!:P

Sure he might as well jump on the bandwagon... It seems to be where all the aule lads hang out! :p

Peckham wrote: »
    Great Sunday afternoon read.... seemed to take most of the afternoon!

It's missing the bit at the end where you gaze into the future. Perhaps you could add that?

OMFFFFFFG!!!!! I have just spent the last hour (at least!) gazing and pondering and updating and the bloody piece of horse crap laptop of mine decides to do a "crash dump" just as I was about to post! I'm actually close to tears :(:(:(:(:(

Well it's bedtime for now - I'll try get an hour tomorrow to recompose. Or maybe it was a sign that the gazing and ponderings and updates were nothing more than pure tripe...

The freaking thing is now looking for a pat on the back having 'recovered from an unexpected problem'...:mad::mad::mad: I HATE technology!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

CL.......on boards........no, say it isn't so!!

btw - I done a search on Boards today for Rathcoffey 10k and your race report jumped out at me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

claralara wrote: »
    OMFFFFFFG!!!!! I have just spent the last hour (at least!) gazing and pondering and updating and the bloody piece of horse crap laptop of mine decides to do a "crash dump" just as I was about to post! I'm actually close to tears :(:(:(:(:(

Well it's bedtime for now - I'll try get an hour tomorrow to recompose. Or maybe it was a sign that the gazing and ponderings and updates were nothing more than pure tripe...

The freaking thing is now looking for a pat on the back having 'recovered from an unexpected problem'...:mad::mad::mad: I HATE technology!!

do the long ones on a word doc - safer.

CL.......on boards........no, say it isn't so!!

It appears it wasn't so!! :mad::mad:
    btw - I done a search on Boards today for Rathcoffey 10k and your race report jumped out at me!!

Hmmm... was that the one aorund last February where I was sniped (surprise surprise!!) and pipped out to third in the finishing straight?! If I remember correctly, it was a nice enough run but I was in ribbons doing it...

• Advertisement

do the long ones on a word doc - safer.

I used to do that... It's obviously a lesson Boards has decided I must re-learn as penance for my absence!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

It appears it wasn't so!! :mad::mad:

Hmmm... was that the one aorund last February where I was sniped (surprise surprise!!) and pipped out to third in the finishing straight?! If I remember correctly, it was a nice enough run but I was in ribbons doing it...

That's the one, the one where they classified you as a man and gave the third place trophy to the 4th lady. Oh how I laughed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

You can't expect if your not putting the work in day in day out over a period of time to just rock up with a monster post and for it all to go swimmingly.

I think you need to go back to base training and maybe aim for 3-4 shorter posts a week to begin with and then work on the endurance of your posts again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

What I want to know is when is the log title going to change (and who is the next victim :rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

kit3 wrote: »
    What I want to know is when is the log title going to change (and who is the next victim :rolleyes:)

''2013; Meno ate my dust''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

She only beat me in the beer mile :(
    I won the big one (the national half) and numerous other races :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    She only beat me in the beer mile :(
    I won the big one (the national half) and numerous other races :p

Eh... Sorry dude but the big one was the race to a sub 3 marathon.... You were chicked on that one! :o

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Eh... Sorry dude but the big one was the race to a sub 3 marathon.... You were chicked on that one! :o

I'm with Blocky on this one, how can you get chicked if you weren't in the same race? :D

I'm with Blocky on this one, how can you get chicked if you weren't in the same race? :D

Technically, you're never in the same race...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

only one way to settle it, final smackdown
    Raheny?
    Bohermeen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

RayCun wrote: »
    Raheny?
    Bohermeen?

Beer Mile?

RayCun wrote: »
    Raheny?
    Bohermeen?

Not doing Raheny, I am doing Bohermeen but I doubt CL will be racing it (likewise London; I'll be racing she won't).....she will likely whoop me in the next race we do together in february but I won't be racing it and she will.....could be years before a smackdown again.

drquirky wrote: »
    Beer Mile?

That's the one I am out for revenge in :pac:

It was always a DCM smackdown, not her fault if you backed out knowing you were fighting a lost cause and paced instead. By the way, it gives me no pleasure to see a man humbled by a mere girl but sh1t happens.... I got over it, you can too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

It was always a DCM smackdown, not her fault if you backed out knowing you were fighting a lost cause and paced instead. By the way, it gives me no pleasure to see a man humbled by a mere girl but sh1t happens.... I got over it, you can too ;)

Oh dear! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Oh dear! :rolleyes:

:D:D I nearly wrote ''mere slip of a thing'' but I thought that was pushing it ;)

Haha, I get your point but I was never racing DCM even before I got injured. The smackdown was supposed to be the Athlone Half....I will have to belatedly improve CL's PB in Bohermeen ;)

Haha, I get your point but I was never racing DCM even before I got injured. The smackdown was supposed to be the Athlone Half....I will have to belatedly improve CL's PB in Bohermeen ;)

But she beat you in the Athlone half too?!

To be honest, there's little point in concerning yourself with any of this. You, like me, are not getting any younger and she has a fair few years on the two of us ;) However, for the love of god don't ever let her chick you in a Beer Mile again!!

But she beat you in the Athlone half too?!

It was my first longish run after a 5 week injury lay off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

What's all this $hite with doing races but not racing them? Man up, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

I have just 'searched' Boards for any info on Rathcoffey 10k and you are the only one who gives it a mention having completed it last year! Can you tell me if it is a tough, hilly course or (hopefully) a relatively easy, nice course:) Hoping to give it a go! Many thanks.

FITZA wrote: »
    I have just 'searched' Boards for any info on Rathcoffey 10k and you are the only one who gives it a mention having completed it last year! Can you tell me if it is a tough, hilly course or (hopefully) a relatively easy, nice course:) Hoping to give it a go! Many thanks.

No hills at all and it is very fast. You'll find it hard to find a faster course in fact. Every bit as fast as the BHAA K-club race everyone raves about. I don't have my garmin trace for it but I may have someone else's. I'll have a look later.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

TRR wrote: »
    No hills at all and it is very fast. You'll find it hard to find a faster course in fact. Every bit as fast as the BHAA K-club race everyone raves about. I don't have my garmin trace for it but I may have someone else's. I'll have a look later.

Thanks TRR....delighted to hear that:) Ran the Heath 10k yesterday and found it quite tough....well tough for me anyway, although happy with my time. If you can find a garmin trace that would be great:) Thanks again. Will go ahead and enter now.

• Advertisement

FITZA wrote: »
    Thanks TRR....delighted to hear that:) Ran the Heath 10k yesterday and found it quite tough....well tough for me anyway, although happy with my time. If you can find a garmin trace that would be great:) Thanks again. Will go ahead and enter now.

I ran both of them last year and while I had a shocking race in the Heath, I ran nearly 2 minutes quicker in Rathcoffey. On reflection I'd say the Rathcoffey course is a good minute quicker than the Heath for a sub 40 minute 10k runner and slightly more if your target time is over that obviously. Best of luck anyway

Advertisement