Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Remind me and all the boys and girls out there , what is your best half marathon time? Super congrats on your PB. So well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2:57:30, 9th female. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Wow! All your hard work paying off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

TRR wrote: »
    Remind me and all the boys and girls out there , what is your best half marathon time? Super congrats on your PB. So well deserved.

don't tell me she PB'ed HM en route too :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭blockic

eliwallach wrote: »
    don't tell me she PB'ed HM en route too :eek::eek:

Not quite but a 2:57 off a 1:25 recent half is outstanding! What a performance and made for the marathon! I still have to look twice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

blockic wrote: »
    Not quite but a 2:57 off a 1:25 recent half is outstanding! What a performance and made for the marathon! I still have to look twice! :)

With that conversion of Half to Full you'll see some lucrative offers coming in from the Ultra heads to try sign her up! Say NO!

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Chivito550 wrote: »
    With that conversion of Half to Full you'll see some lucrative offers coming in from the Ultra heads to try sign her up! Say NO!

Offers already in pre DCM... More to follow ;)

Her coaching/management team are currently reviewing all options on the table...... Anto better up the appearance money ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Offers already in pre DCM... More to follow ;)

Her coaching/management team are currently reviewing all options on the table...... Anto better up the appearance money ;):D

How many tee shirts you looking for this year? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Great going CL.

You do know that the woman you beat into 10th place is a 3 time winner of the Cork City Marathon 2008-2010 and 5 time winner of Longford Marathon ! In the big time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

CL,

I'm an infrequent poster and reader around here these days, but just took a look at your log (to see what the fuss was about!)... absolutely brilliant run and time in DCM yesterday, but an even better story of progress from dedication and hard work (and the odd bottle of vino by the looks of it!).

Fantastic results. You're an inspiration. Keep it up, and I look forward to reading of greater things in the future.

figs.

figs wrote: »
    CL,

I'm an infrequent poster and reader around here these days, but just took a look at your log (to see what the fuss was about!)... absolutely brilliant run and time in DCM yesterday, but an even better story of progress from dedication and hard work (and the odd bottle of vino by the looks of it!).

Fantastic results. You're an inspiration. Keep it up, and I look forward to reading of greater things in the future.

figs.

Ahem.... Understatement ;)

you'll see some lucrative offers coming in from the Ultra heads to try sign her up! Say NO!

Here Here!

I think the time has possibly come to even start picking off some Marathons, the likes of Cork, Limerick, Waterford etc. where you will be contention to possibly win the things or at the very least top 3 placings..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

blockic wrote: »
    Here Here!

I think the time has possibly come to even start picking off some Marathons, the likes of Cork, Limerick, Waterford etc. where you will be contention to possibly win the things or at the very least top 3 placings..

We were talking about this in the pub last night. You will be a front runner in each of the above from now on. Unbelievable progression and proof that alcohol & running almost go hand in hand :D

I think you might be too late :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

2014: Eat my dust <Insert name of any boardsie of your choosing>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Peckham wrote: »
    2014: Eat my dust Blockic

Oh, no wait...already done :pac:

Oh, no wait...already done :pac:

Autumn 2014, name a time and marathon and I'll settle this eating dust thing for good, her targets have only been soft up to now. :pac: they couldn't handle the pressure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

You on the beer again blockic?!! Fighting talk!

You on the beer again blockic?!! Fighting talk!

Do you not know that I go on 6 day binges after every marathon?! :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Haha just catching up on all of this quickly... nicely entertaining. i promise there is a 12,000 word race thesis en route but it'll take a few days what with me not being a bum like the rest of yee and having to attend at the office for business as usual yesterday and the rest of the week ;)

Ps blocky, gavlor, RK... don't fret about my hexing...as far as Im concerned you've all been chicked already... Im not gonna waste 2014 chasing the low hanging fruit... I'm a girl who likes a challenge you know! ;):D

Jesus, watch out Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

claralara wrote: »
    Im not gonna waste 2014 chasing the low hanging fruit... I'm a girl who likes a challenge you know! ;):D
    Can you please publish your race calendar 6 months in advance?
    Just so we know which ones to train for and which to avoid. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

By way of update (and I'm not quite sure I should be admitting this...) I can neither confirm nor deny that I may currently be in the Lep Inn with a glass of cabernet sauvignon by my side writing my race report with a pen and paper...!! :)

I'll get my people to get the final.version in type asap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

By way of update (and I'm not quite sure I should be admitting this...) I can neither confirm nor deny that I may currently be in the Lep Inn with a glass of cabernet sauvignon by my side writing my race report with a pen and paper...!! :)

Surely they do the writing for you as well??

Unbelievable. That's her way to let everyone know where she is so they can buy herself and a digger a few celebratory drinks. No feckin shame.

Jesus, watch out Dave!

I should also mention that about 11 am Monday morning this exact thought was going through my mind :)

TRR wrote: »
    I should also mention that about 11 am Monday morning this exact thought was going through my mind :)

Well, she was definitely catching you over the last 10k!!

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well, she was definitely catching you over the last 10k!!

And at your age TRR, you're only going backwards anyway.

• Advertisement

She was foam rolling again at 6 AM..... Her drive is relentless..... You can all rest easy as I think the new log title will be 2014; Eat my dust Jeptoo!

Advertisement