Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Brunker Collection sofas?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

TJJP wrote: »
    I don't think it's about that in fairness, not for me at least. It's about being told how to live your life by a fake plastic construct who now expects you to buy their furnishings. I have always despised her, not for herself, but for her meaningless meandering and what she represents, that which others now try to emulate far too often.

It isn’t ok to look like a Satsuma; yo-yo dieting isn’t healthy, and the crap she peddles (see links above from her earlier career as a possible example) probably don’t help either. It’s fakery of the lowest order, and those with the most to lose fall for it. That’s the real crime in what she does. The diet sales stuff is old news, now it’s selling a sofa you really don’t need and really can't afford. What a bint.

And what a waste. My only hope is that what's left of Ireland is better than this crap.

But "celebs" have always endorsed stuff, for example David Beckham, his aftershave - I personally dont find a hairless chested squeaky voiced man attractive in the least, and yes, he would turn me off buying that product.

Kate Moss used to advertise Rimmel makeup - I havent bought Rimmel for years, prefer Max factor. I would hope most Irish people would buy a sofa because they liked it rather than it was endorsed by someone, but when you think about it the Amanda Brunker sofa advertising has worked hasnt it.

People are talking about it, we are having a healthy debate and banter here on boards about it. Isnt it always the annoying adverts that stick in your mind (Harvey Norman anyone...) and get people talking. Its a very successful advertising campaign devised by Cost-Plus Sofas (I think thats the correct title..). I havent seen the sofas myself, Ive never been inside the shop, my sofas are old and a bit f***ed but I cant afford new ones.

Sofas are bought by home-owning sensible adults. They will shop around, sit on them to see if theyre comfy, measure them so they know they will fit in their living rooms and really wont care who endorsed them in the first place.

Amanda Brunker = advertising gold:D

Happy new year TJJP - hope you have a good one xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

Indeed... (nearly) any publicity is good publicity

that is at least one thing the "brunkster" has to be grateful for in the new year

cos if you wanted your product to be endorsed by a celebrity a majority of people have respect for then a lot of celebrities would see their income streams reducing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

dunno about that. Threads of this shít and I don't know who's flogging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I have no problem with her being fat. For me, no joking aside, beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.

So do stupid annoying cutns. That's you Brunker, you stupid annoying cnut. Edible sofas... what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

jaysus lads...I think she gorgeous!!
    Thanks for the photos ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Amanda Brunker = advertising gold = Amanda Brunker advertising Cash for Gold.

That's what a pig like her would do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I snogged her years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Amanda can sit on me any time.

Degsy wrote: »
    I snogged her years ago!

damn...o.k. I suppose I'll have to live vicariously through you

normally I live vicariously through myself

have you considerd a t-shirt with the slogan

"I snogged amanda brunker.... and survived" emblazoned across it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If she sits on your face,make no mistake..you will not be able to hear your ipod!

Any man that wouldn't ride Amanda Brunker if given the chance must be as gay as a handbag full of Michael Buble CDs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

she's actually a really nice person too but sure who cares about that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Amanda is a ride. Fat or slim I'd go ball deep in that blonde bomb shell any day of the week. A titanic rack on her too. All woman.

Any man that wouldn't ride Amanda Brunker if given the chance must be as gay as a handbag full of Michael Buble CDs..

Fine!!!!.......I'll do her, just so long as shes not allowed talk.......at any point during our encounter whatsoever...o.k?

sounds are o.k. as long as they never form actual words outside of a list I create...........actual sentences are completely out.

I believe I have been quite clear about the terms and conditions.....I expect you to meet your contractual obligations ms. brunker.......no ifs, ands or buts...literally,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Absurdum wrote: »
    she's actually a really nice person too but sure who cares about that

Exactly!

Remember years ago you'd always see white dogsh!te on the footpath? Well its like all the chunkiest, roundest, crustiest ones all became self-aware one day and coagulated like the baddie out of terminator 2, to become her in humanesque form. Looks, personality, annoyingness (like when you stood on it), what she writes / talks about etc.

Think about it! It all makes sense! Thats why you never see white dogsh!te anymore, she is the human white dogsh!te !!! The Whogsh!te !!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

amacca wrote: »
    I understood all the links...except the Willie O'Dea one, please enlighten me....immediately

I dont like not getting things

Nothing to get. Just everything is funnier with Willie O'Dea!:o

EDIT: Legend of a man!

newmug wrote: »
    Nothing to get. Just everything is funnier with Willie O'Dea!:o

EDIT: Legend of a man!

ah yes indeed, quite.

Hes like the Helmanns mayonaise of comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

She writes novels?

You mean you haven't seen this?

She's not obese, she's not ugly but she's clearly an utter mong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Are these sofas left over from the set of the amazing tv series "The Dinner Party"? What a show, each week it featured the best and brightest Ireland had to offer, it really captured the era.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Never saw her before 2010 and then she was everywhere. Perhaps that's the end of her now for 2011:confused:
    If not she'll be gone by 2012 anyway:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Are you calling me a pouffe?

Are you calling me a pouffe?

No, a pouffe is a footstool/large firm cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

My balls would be that deep in her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

In the Brunker no one can hear you scream.

Lets just be clear here, anyone who thinks shes being attacked for being overweight is wrong. The fact is that shes a talentless fkin media sponge who seems perfectly oblivious to this. In short she is a good example of whats wrong with the media in ireland today.

G to the e to the e to the b to the a to the g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Her looks are indeed irrelevant, save to note that that there is indeed nothing noteworthy about them one way or the other. Which oddly mirrors the real problem......

Chinafoot wrote: »
    You mean you haven't seen this?

She's not obese, she's not ugly but she's clearly an utter mong.
    God I wanna clothesline her with a mop handle so much after reading this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Lol! What an odd choice of product to endorse!! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement