Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Talk About Weight In Partners.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Bragging should not really be a concern between nameless, faceless internet avatars, theres nothing to brag about, many girls get implants for medical reasons etc. The point is that she has I suppose an un-natural distribution of weight and the rest of the body is generally called "skinny". It just annoys her a bit when other girls make comments about her appearance. Like strangers might just say "skinny b1tch" as they walk by her for no reason. She was 8 stone before afair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Unless she's got lola ferrari type implants, I don't think they are going to have such an enormous difference to her weight as to differentiate between healthy weight and underweight or overweight. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bragging should not really be a concern between nameless, faceless internet avatars, theres nothing to brag about, many girls get implants for medical reasons etc. The point is that she has I suppose an un-natural distribution of weight and the rest of the body is generally called "skinny". It just annoys her a bit when other girls make comments about her appearance. Like strangers might just say "skinny b1tch" as they walk by her for no reason. She was 8 stone before afair.

She's a fairly normal figure well within the healthy limits defined by bmi tbh :)

In my less heavy days, I had a BMI of 18.5 and sweet jesus the amount of comments I got from people was unreal.

They usually shut up when they saw me eating, and as I've gotten older I've put on weight. Are you saying that she was eight stone before she got the implants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Hmm, I'll be honest I'm attracted to both types of shape, slender (think rower/runner) and a bigger frame (rugby-type). But I love toned, lil or large toned is always what I go for, Not a fan of flab at all. If it was I'd stay home and have sex with myself.

I love ppl of all different shapes and sizes, but I could never be attracted to fleshy/flabby type and I could never be with someone I wasn't attracted to.

SOo... I guess that makes me shallow, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Couldnt read whole thread, but heres my opinion anyway. I dated a lot of guys this year, skinny, big tall short, everything.
    Im a size 12 (although after Christmas everything feels very tight). I used to weigh 4 stone heavier. I definitely got more attention after i lost the weight, and now im really paranoid about putting on the weight again.
    Ive been seeing a guy for 6 months, and he is probably about 18 stone (im 11 stone).
    I can honestly say the weight isnt an issue for us. I fancied him like mad the moment i saw him, and i love him to bits. He mentions now and again about losing weight, but i dont mind as long as he's happy.
    However weight is an issue for me. I like my food a lot, but i am incredibly annoyed that ive put on weight over Christmas, and i feel very guilty. I also feel he will go off me if i put on more weight!!

• Advertisement

Why exactly would anyone need breast implants for medical reasons?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Why exactly would anyone need breast implants for medical reasons?

Reconstructive surgery after mastectomy?

Reconstructive surgery after mastectomy?

That makes sense. Apologies, didn't realise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

mmmmm I love hairy bellies! (sorry had to write that!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

mmmmm I love hairy bellies! (sorry had to write that!);)

That made me laugh out loud!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eh why is the tag on this thread - fat women men husband???? :confused:

The skinny comments are jealousy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I wouldn't go out with a lad who is really skinny in fear I would break him ha!

I'm kinda inbetween about this I like a lad who is not too skinny but not too heavy either, just somewhere in the middle.

I have dated people who have been heavier but not overweight. I am a sucker for a little belly though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Pocketfizz wrote: »

How does a 15 stone man not break an 8 stone woman. You would be in no danger of breaking a slim man.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This.

Why must heavier girls always define slim/healthy or even underweight as "skinny"? Its derogative.
    My girlfriend is quite slim (5,5 and 8.8 stone although she does have implants), but many mean girls will call her "skinny", which has a negative connotation.

You say that guys wont date you because you are not skinny, but please... dont try to make out that all guys think like that. Guys date all types of girls and most guys dont even like "skinny", but they do like "slim".
    Your weight and height are "clinically obese", and while I hate to put labels on people, maybe guys dont touch you because you are at the upper end of the weight scale, not that guys only like girls from the extreme (skinny) end of the weight range.

Attack the post, not the poster. You're getting a bit personal here against The_Morrigan.

This is one that really annoys me. I'm not going to break! I'm thin, not brittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pocketfizz wrote: »

I'm kinda inbetween about this I like a lad who is not too skinny but not too heavy either, just somewhere in the middle.

I have dated people who have been heavier but not overweight. I am a sucker for a little belly though :rolleyes:

I have also thought about this :pac:

A friend of mine is about 5'8 and she wears a size 18. Her boyfriend is about 5'4 and fairly skinny, and they've been together years and he's not broken yet so I think its ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I've never found overweight men attractive. I've always been drawn to more lithe, athletic types, either tall and athletic or stocky and athletic, it's what I find attractive. A fit male body just looks incredibly hot imo.

My boyfriend is about my height, but was similarly athletically figured when we met. He used to have a crazy resting heartbeat(well below 40:eek:) He stopped exercising this past 18months and has an awful belly at the moment as a result, but he's promised to lose it. I hope he does. If nothing else, carrying weight like that is super unhealthy. I'm not a big fan of it either:o

I'm well within healthy BMI still, but a broken bone plus associated complications and an op meant that exercise wasn't really an option for me in 2010. So I've put up a few pounds as a result. People say I look great but tbh I hate how I look now, I prefer myself thinner. But I'm starting 2011 injury free, so I'm hugely motivated to get my proper shape on again. An impending wedding is a great motivator too:p

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I find I'm more attracted to bigger guys as opposed to slim guys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've always gone for very tall, lean men. My ex was 6'3 and 12 stone which is exactly the kind of shape I like most. There's something that turns me on so much about taut, flat stomachs and hipbones :o. This is the kind of shape I love:

Josh+Groban+n5862253001_962082_8400.jpg

That being said, a little bit of weight wouldn't put me off if I was sufficiently attracted to the guy, but anything more than moderately overweight would be a complete turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭raz86

i like tall and bigger chunky guys. my bf is 6'3'' and nearly 20st and he's great for cuddles! i like big shoulders and arms, but not really muscley guys that are in the gym all the time and i dont like six packs at all.

when we met we were both in the "normal" range, appropriate weights for our sizes if that makes sense. i put a lot of weight due to a medical condition and he did after giving up smoking. in a way we sort of "match". i would rather go out with someone the same or a bit bigger than me. but not ridiculously obese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 annapolska

Novella wrote: »
    I was just reading the tGC thread there, and one poster mentioned that he'd hope he'd have the balls to mention to his wife if she was putting on weight. So, if you were putting on weight, would you like your partner to mention it to you or would that make you uncomfortable?

Personally, I'd prefer my boyfriend to say it to me, as opposed to becoming unattracted to me, and perhaps ending the relationship on that basis.

Totally agree- I'd like to be given the chance to change rather than just dumped!
    Jenneke87 wrote: »
    The most lovely man I ever went out with was a guy who weighed estimately 18 stone. So yeah I would.

Me too. :)
    You have been lucky! I actually started a thread about this a year or so ago, after I was screamed at in a pub in front of loads of people "Hey Shamu, nice dress" (Shamu being a whale at Seaworld). Grown adults do comment on other people's weight, and it's usually men commenting on women's weight in my experience. It usually happens on nights out as well. I'm a size 16-18, so not massively overweight but not thin by any stretch of the imagination..

Anyway point is, grown adults do call other people fat, and to their faces as well

I am appalled by this. Shocking that people on the street would be so forward and so hurtful, and even more shocking that it's happened to others on this board!

Also, sometimes people don't mean "skinny" as a negative- over here in America it's a lighthearted compliment. :D

Advertisement