Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Don't think so. Kimbo isn't really an unfit mess, He went 7-0 as a Pro Boxer since his time at the UFC, and I know his opponents were laughable but its probably more then Shamrock has done in the last 5 years.

Did you see the boxing match he had in Sydney? I know he won the fight but he was gassed about 2 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Did you see the boxing match he had in Sydney? I know he won the fight but he was gassed about 2 minutes in.

I did, and I don't think Shamrock even lasts 2 minutes to be honest. 2/1 is a decent price on him though, But I think Kimbo knocks him out early.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

His boxing record is only relevant if Ken trye to stand with him. I think he's gonna duck under the first sloppy haymaker and take him down.
    Kimbo has no ground game when he was fighting MMA, I doubt he was doing much training when he was pro boxing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Think you have to take the value here which has to be the 2s on sham
    My only fear is that he might be stupid enough to stand with kimbo when he could
    probably take him down and keep him there

Romero 11/8 to beat machida
    Honestly thought he would be much the same price if not a slight favourite
    Bookies got this one wrong imo
    Think pts is the only way machina can win this which is 7/2 yet the machida tko is a ridiculous 11/8
    I honestly think there isn't a hope of machina finishing romero

Am I giving romero too much credit here given he hasnt fought a top guy yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

mailburner wrote: »
    Romero 11/8 to beat machida
    Honestly thought he would be much the same price if not a slight favourite
    Bookies got this one wrong imo
    Think pts is the only way machina can win this which is 7/2 yet the machida tko is a ridiculous 11/8
    I honestly think there isn't a hope of machina finishing romero

Am I giving romero too much credit here given he hasnt fought a top guy yet?

Romero was pretty much finished between rounds by Tim Kennedy who doesn't strike nearly as well as Machida, tough fight to call but I'd favor Machida slightly.

As for Saturday, if this is a real fight with no dodgy payments to force standup or even for someone to take a dive then Shamrock should beat Kimbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Wouldn't touch Kimbo v Shamrock tbh. Too many question marks.

Last Shamrock fight I saw (I'm guessing about 5 years ago) he quit due to leg kicks, this isn't a problem with Kimbo so much, but the point I'm making is his body is destroyed.

Kimbo is terrible at MMA and his boxing competition is a list of cans.

I'd expect them to both gas within 5 minutes or less. Almost any outcome possible with both ko'd, Shamrock subbing Kimbo or either winning a decision in an ugly brawl of a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Think I'll go with a 3/1 accumulator on:

Lashley
    Strays
    Freire
    Chandler
    Kimbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think people are being far too harsh on Kimbo. Has been training with ATT the last year as well as what he did before. Should be able to have decent enough take down defence at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

I think people are being far too harsh on Kimbo. Has been training with ATT the last year as well as what he did before. Should be able to have decent enough take down defence at this stage.

The man is known to slack in training and has badly arthritic knees, 0% chance he can block a low single if Shamrock is willing to drag the fight to the canvass.

He was unwilling to train grappling when he was on TUF, and signed for the UFC. I can't see that changing.
    Even if he was training, there is a ceiling in what he can achieve in a few months.

Chickened out on sham even at 2s
    Think it's too much to ask all things considered

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Small bet for interest on Ken Shamrock at 5/2 (Powers). It's the equivalent of betting on WWE in that the result is probably already known, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Think I'll go with a 3/1 accumulator on:

Lashley
    Strays
    Freire
    Chandler
    Kimbo

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Piotr Hallman tonight is a good shout I think in his bout at 10/11 - nice chunk on that

Going with him a single and also a treble with Siver and Jedrzejczyk at 9/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Not a lot stood out for me tonight except a possible upset in Lukasz Sajewski defeating local boy Nick Hein. Although Hein has knocked down both Dober & Vick in the first rounds of his last two fights he failed to finish either resulting in him losing a decision to Vick while winning a decision vs Dober. I think his gas tank is questionable as he's a pretty big guy for Lightweight. Sajewski is making his debut as an undefeated fighter going 13-0 with 7 victories by submission. I'm hoping he can withstand Hein early & get a sub in the later rounds. Backed Sajewski to win at 5/4 and have a few quid on him to win by Sub at 13/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Piotr Hallman tonight is a good shout I think in his bout at 10/11 - nice chunk on that

Going with him a single and also a treble with Siver and Jedrzejczyk at 9/4

Ugh.. Enjoyable fight though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Hoki wrote: »
    Not a lot stood out for me tonight except a possible upset in Lukasz Sajewski defeating local boy Nick Hein. Although Hein has knocked down both Dober & Vick in the first rounds of his last two fights he failed to finish either resulting in him losing a decision to Vick while winning a decision vs Dober. I think his gas tank is questionable as he's a pretty big guy for Lightweight. Sajewski is making his debut as an undefeated fighter going 13-0 with 7 victories by submission. I'm hoping he can withstand Hein early & get a sub in the later rounds. Backed Sajewski to win at 5/4 and have a few quid on him to win by Sub at 13/2.

Not the greatest fight. Sajewski was poor and his striking looks extremely basic. Couldn't get near Hein. Done for the night betting wise!

aldo evens :eek: 8/11 conor boyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aldo's out as far as 21/20 on Betfair exchange.

70f937db67d5039d74f9230236fcead2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The real value seems to be the fight not to happen, 5/6 on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Paully D wrote: »
    Aldo's out as far as 21/20 on Betfair exchange.

70f937db67d5039d74f9230236fcead2.png

11/10 aldo now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

If the fight is called off, will our bets be refunded? I put on Conor months ago so got good odds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 JonesGoat

Naos wrote: »
    If the fight is called off, will our bets be refunded? I put on Conor months ago so got good odds.

Yes money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

JonesGoat wrote: »
    Yes money back.

Aaah fs. Thanks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anywhere still taking bets on the fight not going ahead?

dulux99 wrote: »
    The real value seems to be the fight not to happen, 5/6 on Betfair.

wish I'd seen this earlier

no market anywhere now it seems, probably didnt last long

Naos wrote: »

A lot of the time there's a clause that if it happens within X number of weeks the of the bet stands.

I've got money on both of them above evens so Im really want the bets to go ahead

• Advertisement

single on romero at 2.58 is all for me

feel this is a bad match up for machida and it's coming too soon

Advertisement