Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Urijah Faber at 3/1 is a great price.

Faber is faster and just as good as Frankie everywhere else.

Frankie has a reputation as a top 5 fighter built of getting his clock cleaned by Gray Maynard, losing decisions to real top tier competition like Benson/Aldo and beating up BJ Penn just as he was over the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Frankie has a reputation as a top 5 fighter built of getting his clock cleaned by Gray Maynard, losing decisions to real top tier competition like Benson/Aldo and beating up BJ Penn just as he was over the hill.
    LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I think you're way off the mark with that one.
    Edgar will light him up on the feet and take him down at will.
    Faber has decent takedown defense but Frankies wrestling is on another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

think frankie probably wins this everywhere

faber will be outclassed just like he was v barao, cruz aldo etc

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I think you're way off the mark with that one.
    Edgar will light him up on the feet and take him down at will.
    Faber has decent takedown defense but Frankies wrestling is on another level.
    mailburner wrote: »
    think frankie probably wins this everywhere

faber will be outclassed just like he was v barao, cruz aldo etc

My thoughts on Frankie seem to be the same as everyone else's thoughts on Faber. Both very talented guys who lose to top tier competition, Cruz and Aldo would both whoop Frankie, Aldo already has.
    I think both these guys are much more evenly matched than the odds and everyone else is suggesting.

• Advertisement

My thoughts on Frankie seem to be the same as everyone else's thoughts on Faber. Both very talented guys who lose to top tier competition, Cruz and Aldo would both whoop Frankie, Aldo already has.
    I think both these guys are much more evenly matched than the odds and everyone else is suggesting.

couldnt call cruz edgar but a very close fight imo

aldo narrowly beat edgar, probably fair to say edgar has come closer to beating aldo than anyone else
    Featherweight Jose Aldo (c) def. Frankie Edgar Decision (unanimous) (49-46, 49-46, 48-47) Rd 5 5:00

the aldo faber fight on the other hand was a one sided whooping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Frankie wins a decision mainly by outboxing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It's an okay price but your assessment is not quite right.

Edgar is a far superior boxer to Faber. He has better hand speed, and incredible footwork and head movement. This fight will be fought on the feet as Faber won't be able to take Frankie down either.

I honestly wouldn't back Faber on this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

One time

FaberFTW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Double on Faber at 11/4 and Munoz at 6/4 to win.

• Advertisement

I like the look of Hyun Gyu Lim who's slight underdog. I haven't seen him fight but looking at his UFC record he's been impressive, 3 quicks KOs and a close decision loss to Saffediene who's top 10. Magny is on a roll but has been fighting bums. The judges are more likely to favour Lim if it's close.

Lim, Makashvilli, Mousasi and Edgar (decision) at around 5/1.

I like the look of Hyun Gyu Lim who's slight underdog. I haven't seen him fight but looking at his UFC record he's been impressive, 3 quicks KOs and a close decision loss to Saffediene who's top 10. Magny is on a roll but has been fighting bums. The judges are more likely to favour Lim if it's close.

Lim, Makashvilli, Mousasi and Edgar (decision) at around 5/1.

like lim also, hes an animal in fairness to him and magnys chin will be tested here.

still undecided on a bet

Lim ko 13/5 pp

treble at 41/1 (didnt shop around for a change)
    lim ko
    munoz pts
    mousasi ko

lim bloody useless
    munoz please 11/8

lim bloody useless
    munoz please 11/8

thats better

mousasi ko 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I fully expect Munoz to win and I'll definitely be taking him in this one. Crazy not to imo.

Can't believe I didn't back him. Raging.
    I meant to do my bets first thing this morning but was crazy busy in work and didn't back anything.
    Can't catch a break lately!

broders3 wrote: »
    Nice work mailburner. Vitor is the gift that keeps on giving. If you consider a shin to the chin a gift!

from 18 months ago when it seemed easier to win a few bob also :pac:

anyway, I have to keep the faith with a fighter that i've never lost money on given he's just a fraction short of 4/1 (matchbook) and will probably drift even more considering how much he already has over the past few months so maybe a waste of money
    may open a new account somwhere to get a matched 25 to stick on vitor

backing rumble also, have to much faith in this guy that I think he could have taken jones so I fancy him quite strongly to take out dc

anyone think arlovski is a daft price at 7/2?
    browne isn't that good imo to be priced at 2/7 imo and although the ko will appeal to most it might be worth mentioning arlovski hasnt been knocked out in over 4 years albeit against a few very average fighters over that time

mortgage material at evens? hall, cerrone and dodson
    it looks that way but sure I thought the same last week before curran got caught

good luck all

I was off the mark last week but I still don't rate Frankie.

The odds next week are all very slanted for every fight, the key is to identify some live dogs.

I think it'll be worth researching the girl fighting Rose Namajunas, who like Jojo Calderwood is frightfully overhyped for her C level muay thai game.

I can't see past Weidman and DC in the title fights though Rumble should always be layed with caution.

Cannot believe a DC/Weidman double is evens.

Putting my highest ever sum (55€) on this right now before Weidman's price drops.

I think it'll be worth researching the girl fighting Rose Namajunas, who like Jojo Calderwood is frightfully overhyped for her C level muay thai game.

I like your thinking there, most of that tuf lot arent up to much

I see she went three with de lima who very narrowly lost to the champ which makes her a lot shorter than her current 12/5 odds imo

• Advertisement

Cannot believe a DC/Weidman double is evens.

Putting my highest ever sum (55€) on this right now before Weidman's price drops.

6/5 with betfred
    if you're not with them already it might be a nice saver

fantastic Stake £10 Get £30 Welcome Offer

6/5 with betfred
    if you're not with them already it might be a nice saver

fantastic Stake £10 Get £30 Welcome Offer

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Anyone any thoughts on Rumble by KO here?

Looking at Weidman/Belfort not to go the distance, Rumble by KO/TKO, Cerrone/Makdessi not to go the distance and Browne by KO/TKO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Anyone any thoughts on Rumble by KO here?

Looking at Weidman/Belfort not to go the distance, Rumble by KO/TKO, Cerrone/Makdessi not to go the distance and Browne by KO/TKO

I think having a saver bet on Rumble by KO at 2/1 wouldn't be a bad idea as I think DC will win a decision but there is always that chance Rumble could catch him. Tough card to make any money on, nearly all the favourites are horribly short in price bar the main event. Hall, Weidman & Cerrone all to win at just above Evs is all I'm contemplating at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Rumble/arlovski and under 2.5 rds in Natal vs Hall ..12.5/1 thank you very much mr power.

I might do 2 accumulators, one with Korma decision the other with AJ KO.

I never trust Hall, so talented but he never looks like he's trying. I'm tempted to back Natal.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Anyone find prices on the Pendred fight yet?

I might do 2 accumulators, one with Korma decision the other with AJ KO.

I never trust Hall, so talented but he never looks like he's trying. I'm tempted to back Natal.

Natal is a pretty average fighter, his last 2 wins have been scrappy decision victories against Tom Watson & just shading a decision against Chris Camozzi. Hall is on a 3 fight win streak albeit against weak opposition but I think he has a pretty high ceiling & should be too good for Natal.

Hoki wrote: »
    Natal is a pretty average fighter, his last 2 wins have been scrappy decision victories against Tom Watson & just shading a decision against Chris Camozzi. Hall is on a 3 fight win streak albeit against weak opposition but I think he has a pretty high ceiling & should be too good for Natal.

I know nothing about Natal, just saying I don't trust Hall at all. Great potential but since TUF he's beaten 2 bums easily (Leben and Markes), 29-28 another bum in Santos and lost to a complete bum in Howard. Besides his record, he just hasn't impressed since TUF. He has crazy power and pace in his standup but he's too timid to use it unless his opponent is a defenceless lunatic like Leben.

FWIW, I just looked at Natal's record a bit closer and you're right, he looks average as well. Hall should win but personally I wouldn't feel that comfortable backing him.

• Advertisement

I know nothing about Natal, just saying I don't trust Hall at all. Great potential but since TUF he's beaten 2 bums easily (Leben and Markes), 29-28 another bum in Santos and lost to a complete bum in Howard. Besides his record, he just hasn't impressed since TUF. He has crazy power and pace in his standup but he's too timid to use it unless his opponent is a defenceless lunatic like Leben.

FWIW, I just looked at Natal's record a bit closer and you're right, he looks average as well. Hall should win but personally I wouldn't feel that comfortable backing him.

Think this should be Ron Stallings (not Markes) who he beat in January - was a good fight until the stoppage. Stallings is tough & was hanging quite well with Hall before the cut . This doesn't really strengthen my case for Hall especially because Stallings took the fight on only a couple of weeks notice but in saying that, Hall has done enough in every fight to win and I think he'll do enough again on Saturday.

Advertisement