Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

small bet on nakai sub at 10/1 (boyles)

only just watched a bit of video of her and feel if it happens for her it'll surely
    happen early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

McGregor win by sub is 30/1 !!!!

Surely worth 10 euro.

another disaster on the betting front
    sexyama improved since the lay off, looked so good to be fair to him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey Lads, I'm not a big gambler, last few MMA events I bet on were all Frank Mir. I used to thinkit was my betting on him jinxed him :(

Anyone know if there are any good accum deals going for Conor, Cathal, Gunni and Paddy over the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

On PP an accum on those 4 is currently a little over 6-1. A 5 yoyo bet returns 31.86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Looking at the weekend, I'm thinking of....

McGregor, Zingano, Masvidal, Cruz v Mizugaki to go 3 rounds, Johnson accumulator
    Poirier by sub 13/2 looks good value

Not saying I'll back them, but Gamburyan (13/8) and Mizukaki (3/1) seem big odds. Gamburyan is getting on but he's only really been beaten by high quality featherweights. I've never seen Mizugaki fight but with his record and Cruz coming off a 3 year lay off his odds seem huge.

Looking at the weekend, I'm thinking of....

McGregor, Zingano, Masvidal, Cruz v Mizugaki to go 3 rounds, Johnson accumulator
    Poirier by sub 13/2 looks good value

Not saying I'll back them, but Gamburyan (13/8) and Mizukaki (3/1) seem big odds. Gamburyan is getting on but he's only really been beaten by high quality featherweights. I've never seen Mizugaki fight but with his record and Cruz coming off a 3 year lay off his odds seem huge.

Poirier aint winning, let alone by sub!

Gamburyan i think is a risk to bet on. He's a walking shoulder injury, and this Cody Gibson kid is a good fighter. He's only lost once to an up and coming phenom, and I think he has the skills pick manny off if he can avoid a lay and pray.
    Mizugaki has won too many fights by v close decision if you ask me. IM thinking even a rusty cruz will have the skills to dance around and win a points victory fairly easily. The only thing Im wondering is if Cruz is really fit and healed up and he's not just coming back because he's broke. Three years out he must be desperate!

The other one thats interesting is Nunes Zingano. Zinganos husband killed himself in January, and she's coming off a lot of injuries. Nunes is a beast, with good striking and a great guillotine. Leaning towards Nunes on what might be an occasion with too much emotion for zingano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

If Poirier wins there's a very good chance it's by sub imo. His odds in general are way too big, can't underestimate him.

Admittedly I know little about Gibson but Gamburyan is a good fighter. Is the fight at bantamweight or featherweight do you know? The 3 year break just seems too much for Cruz's odds no matter how good he was prior, over 2.5 rounds seems a safe bet. I had no idea about Zingano, might make me think twice.

Putting a pretty large stake on a 6 fight accumulator.

Johnson/Cruz/McGregor/Zingano/Thompson/Masvidal all to win. About 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭POSTNAZ

John_D80 wrote: »
    McGregor win by sub is 30/1 !!!!

Surely worth 10 euro.

where are you getting 30/1 ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

It was 30/1 over the weekend on Paddy Power

POSTNAZ wrote: »
    where are you getting 30/1 ??

It was 30/1 (PP) when i posted that on the 19th. Stuck a tenner on it. I think its about 12's now. it was 36/1 on betfair at one stage a friend told me. With MMA, it really is well worth keeping an eye on the big bookmakers sites, to get in as soon as the odds are up.

One of those where you had to get in early i suppose. Still decent enough value for a small stake at 12's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I am punting Poirier at 12/5. I just think that he is overpriced based on his record and his UFC experience. It's strictly a bet for value, I really think that he is very good value at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I am punting Poirier at 12/5. I just think that he is overpriced based on his record and his UFC experience. It's strictly a bet for value, I really think that he is very good value at that price.

I'm telling Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Putting a pretty large stake on a 6 fight accumulator.

Johnson/Cruz/McGregor/Zingano/Thompson/Masvidal all to win. About 4/1
    Ian Whelan wrote: »

Only screenshots of bets placed hold any weight. No ''im going to', ''im thinking of'' here if possible please:).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

Screengrab is broken on my phone (Sony Experia bug) so no evidence bar my word! Put a tenner on Eddie Alvarez by KO at 5/1. I think he will pressure Cerrone into a second or third round stoppage.

califano wrote: »
    Only screenshots of bets placed hold any weight. No ''im going to', ''im thinking of'' here if possible please:).

And why is that exactly??

This thread has managed perfectly fine until now without people having to post screenshots of bets made. I for one only do about 20% of my bets online so do you think I should take pictures of my betting slips??

If it's a forum rule then fair enough but I don't think you have any right to request proof of people's bets.

If I post here about a bet I've made, it's not to bring attention to myself and make everyone think I'm a great fella. It's so that others might get an idea for bets of their own. I look at this thread (and others on other forums) to get good info so I'm just paying it forward. I dont expect to have to provide proof for the benefits of doubters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im liking the look of

Zingano/Nunez & Cerrone/Alvarez not to go the distance with a Tim Kennedy win @7/1
    Zingano/Nunez & Cerrone/Alvarez not to go the distance with a Tim Kennedy & Jon Tuck win @18/1

Zigano/Nunez to not go the distance is evens, i think thats an absolute steal i dont see it going 3 rounds anyway. Romero is good but i think Kennedy will have the experience to bring home a decision, This will be a great fight, could be contender for FOTN depending how it plays out. Tuck should in theory be able to put away, hes coming off a great KO after a loss to Norman Parke, Lee didnt look great on the TUF19 card, i didnt think he wont he fight either again another close fight but i think the odds on Tuck & Kennedy are fairly decent when comparing them to there opponents. Alvarez Cerrone not to go the distance is pretty self explanatory, Cowboy is going to go out and try do what Cowboy does best, earn them bonuses!

ASOT wrote: »
    Im liking the look of

Zingano/Nunez & Cerrone/Alvarez not to go the distance with a Tim Kennedy win @7/1
    Zingano/Nunez & Cerrone/Alvarez not to go the distance with a Tim Kennedy & Jon Tuck win @18/1

Zigano/Nunez to not go the distance is evens, i think thats an absolute steal i dont see it going 3 rounds anyway. Romero is good but i think Kennedy will have the experience to bring home a decision, This will be a great fight, could be contender for FOTN .

I've deliberately stayed well away from any bet involving Romero/Kennedy. I think it's just too close to call and could throw a spanner in the works for any decent triple or accumulator.

That said, you have some decent bets there. Especially that 7/1 bet. Great value. I really can't see cerrone/Alvarez or zingano/nunes going anywhere near the distance. Again Kennedy is the one who could let you down. Could be worth making the same bet with Romero winning instead of Kennedy, to cover yourself.

I've deliberately stayed well away from any bet involving Romero/Kennedy. I think it's just too close to call and could throw a spanner in the works for any decent triple or accumulator.

That said, you have some decent bets there. Especially that 7/1 bet. Great value. I really can't see cerrone/Alvarez or zingano/nunes going anywhere near the distance. Again Kennedy is the one who could let you down. Could be worth making the same bet with Romero winning instead of Kennedy, to cover yourself.

Yeah il most likely cover that way, i just think Kennedy has a slight edge. I dont like either guys so it wont bother me who wins in that sense! The Zingano distance price is great at evens, its a must for any multiple bet imo it wont go the 3 rounds. Que my bad luck jinxing it and making it a snoozefest :pac:

• Advertisement

like the look of romero pts at 11/4 myself

I can't figure out whether I think he'll beat tim or whether it's me just
    hoping he does in a big way, would love to see him throwing tim around the place
    hard one to call

have to say I think the price on romero is pretty miserable, best i'm seeing is 3/4
    I'd have thought kennedy would have been a slight fav for this one

settled on this treble working out at 3.43 (888)

all these to go the distance
    cruz v miz
    ebersole v howard
    romero v kennedy

might be a bit of value in romero kennedy going the distance at 4/5
    both have been stopped once in their careers so thats twice in 31 fights.
    I see nothing but a borefest which imo makes the 4/5 look alright, cue a ko now the way I've running with mma

fancy the conor ko but odds are awful

Im not so confident about picking Kennedy now after watching the weigh ins, Romero is actually a beast of a man, ridiculously big.

ASOT wrote: »
    Im not so confident about picking Kennedy now after watching the weigh ins, Romero is actually a beast of a man, ridiculously big.

if ever there was a fight you couldnt confidently call I think it's this one

mailburner wrote: »

Exactly, think il replace this fight with forrest to beat brighton for around 8/1 with the two others to not go the distance i have above!

mailburner wrote: »

I think Romero wins this 10 times out of 10. Kennedy can't lay and pray his way to victory this time. Romero is too explosive and has too many weapons to suffer the same fate as Bisping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

I dont know how you lads are betting on this card it ruins the excitement for me having a decent bet on a fight you do be sweating for the finish ect much prefer to watch without financial interest this week good luck with your bets only one I considered was cowboy via knock out.

I think Romero wins this 10 times out of 10. Kennedy can't lay and pray his way to victory this time. Romero is too explosive and has too many weapons to suffer the same fate as Bisping.

I hope you are right
    kennedy has been in there with better fighters though but you would think
    this fight will suit romero more
    time will tell how good romero actually is, this his first big test really although
    beating brunson wasnt a bad effort

Bets done on 365, there selections are terrible so will be doing my mains on PP later.

9993093ad124ac8621aea4b1a92e31b7.png

Unders in Zingano/Nunes & Cerrone Alvarez, Overs in Howard/Ebersole

0e69358e778c28f620f65e3b2860e781.png

I like Manny, hes been in witht he tougher guys and should be able to win this IMO even if hes getting on in years.

91e5c698ae94cdb05b91c0980b667f30.png

Unders in Zingano/Nunes & Cerrone Alvarez again.

Zingano/Nunes unders @11/10 is a steal, theres some serious bad blood there 100% wont go the distance imo. Zingano 8-0 7 finishes & 1 decision. Nunes 9-3 9 finishes & been finished twice with 1 decision loss.

• Advertisement

silly bet of all the favs to win at 37/1 for a couple of euro

alvarez being the exception
    time I got one of these up

Advertisement