Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

main bet for me this weekend is edgar points at evens

same as last time they fought I just dont see what bj is
    going to do differently
    struggling to see anything but a comfortable pts win for frankie

last time these two fought this was priced up at 9/2

small one on faber in round one at 9/4 (betv)

this to me looks like the biggest mismatch since
    mendes v mc kenzie thought maybe not quite that bad

if bruce gets past round one he'll be doing well
    going from sergio pettis to uriah faber can only be
    bad news for a fighter I've never rated (yet one who
    cost me plenty beating pettis)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with

Vasconcelos
    Camozzi
    Hall
    Brimage
    The Dragon

10 on returns 200.

Tempted to put stakes on Faber RD1 along with Machida KO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Went with

Vasconcelos
    Camozzi
    Hall
    Brimage
    The Dragon

10 on returns 200.

Tempted to put stakes on Faber RD1 along with Machida KO.

Where you putting the above on? You sure its not returns 100? Looked on Paddy Power and the same selections €10 would return €100.96

Axwell wrote: »
    Where you putting the above on? You sure its not returns 100? Looked on Paddy Power and the same selections €10 would return €100.96
    you left out hall

should be 121
    prob more with other bookies but not much

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »

Just realised i have Machida by ko which explains the odds, i have a feeling im going to live to regret that. Covered myself and done the same bet without the KO and got returns of 135 with bet365!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Just realised i have Machida by ko which explains the odds, i have a feeling im going to live to regret that. Covered myself and done the same bet without the KO and got returns of 135 with bet365!

Thats more like it, same bet returns €121 on PP. I stuck in Edgar on points along with it for a bit of interest.

one last one
    pays 8/1 with paddy

dan spohn looks one of the best 2/5 shots ive seen
    patrick walsh will hardly have improved much in
    a few months

UFC Matches Ronda Rousey v Alexis Davis
    06-07-2014 04:30
    Total Rounds
    Under (2.5) @ 4/11
    UFC Matches Matt Mitrione v Stefan Struve
    06-07-2014 04:00
    Match Betting
    Stefan Struve @ 8/13
    UFC Matches Dhiego Lima v Eddie Gordon
    07-07-2014 02:00
    Match Betting
    Dhiego Lima @ 4/7
    UFC Matches Urijah Faber v Alex Caceres
    06-07-2014 03:00
    Will the fight go the distance?
    No @ 4/9
    UFC Matches Dan Spohn v Patrick Walsh
    07-07-2014 00:00
    Match Betting
    Dan Spohn @ 2/5
    UFC Matches Adriano Martins v Juan Manuel Puig
    07-07-2014 00:00
    Match Betting
    Adriano Martins @ 2/7

paddy betting now on most takedowns

a double of weidman 4/7 + rousey 2/9 works out a little under evens

you cant see machida going near weidman and it goes without saying
    rhonda will have more tds in that one

edit, singles only, cnuts

hats off to anyone who made money on either event

couldn't pick my nose lately

• Advertisement

gone with the treble of
    parke, gunni mcgregor which works out
    best at 23/20 with paddy
    same bet works out at barely 5/6 with betv

Only one I dont feel certain about is parke as I dont know
    his opponent

due a change of luck
    If i stop these It's time to give up

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

mailburner wrote: »
    gone with the treble of
    parke, gunni mcgregor which works out
    best at 23/20 with paddy
    same bet works out at barely 5/6 with betv

Only one I dont feel certain about is parke as I dont know
    his opponent

due a change of luck
    If i stop these It's time to give up

I think Parke takes it. His opponent is good, but I feel Parke in a short space of time has faced higher calibre opponents and come out looking good. I doubt Kotani will have previously faced the sort of aggression Parke will throw at him. that being said, Kotani has a slippery judo game and is quite good with submissions. Parke keeps it standing he takes an easy win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thatkarlfella

I've gone with a 5 fold multi of seery, gunni, Conor, parke and McCall. Think it was paying around 6/1 on sportsbet.

Also, Gunnar to win by sub is paying 2.2 dollars. Great value I think

I've gone with a 5 fold multi of seery, gunni, Conor, parke and McCall. Think it was paying around 6/1 on sportsbet.

Also, Gunnar to win by sub is paying 2.2 dollars. Great value I think

Leaving him being Irish at the door do we all think McGregor can beat Brandao? He's coming of a long layoff and fighting a really good guy. Brandao, Nelson, Pickett and Latifi to win is paying 16/1 on boylesports I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Boylesports are refunding bets on Conor's fight, if it ends in the first round. Not a bad offer, considering many here think Diegos best chance is catching Conor in the first.

also did the treble of

barbosa, tibau and gunni
    comes in slightly over 2/1 with pp

don't rate healy at all, gunni, well I don't see a way
    he can lose this
    think barbosas stand up will be far too good for a very
    tough opponent in evan dunham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

mailburner wrote: »
    also did the treble of

barbosa, tibau and gunni
    comes in slightly over 2/1 with pp

don't rate healy at all, gunni, well I don't see a way
    he can lose this
    think barbosas stand up will be far too good for a very
    tough opponent in evan dunham

I wouldn't have the stones to back Barbosa after being almost TKO'd with a jab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Boylesports are refunding bets on Conor's fight, if it ends in the first round. Not a bad offer, considering many here think Diegos best chance is catching Conor in the first.

It's also good considering it's ALL markets. Powers have a similar offer but it only applies to method of victory bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Cant see any mention of money back on Boyles!?. Linkage?

Davei141 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have the stones to back Barbosa after being almost TKO'd with a jab!
    Very suspect chin, Dunham will use the same strategy as Danny Castillo but better so I think he'll take the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

califano wrote: »
    Cant see any mention of money back on Boyles!?. Linkage?

From their twitter:

@Boylesports: CASH BACK if the McGregor v Brandao fight ends in Round 1! #UFCDublin #UFC http://t.co/xMsBOXZoBK

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thatkarlfella

Leaving him being Irish at the door do we all think McGregor can beat Brandao? He's coming of a long layoff and fighting a really good guy. Brandao, Nelson, Pickett and Latifi to win is paying 16/1 on boylesports I think.

I think Diego is an ideal opponent for Conor tbh, as mentioned earlier by someone, Diego is a sloppy striker and Conor thrives off this. Also, I feel like Diego will be going out there to knock Conor's block off. His questionable cardio will be put to the test if it goes any further than one round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Went for Pendred,Latifi, Parke, McCall, and McGregor in an accum. Pays 13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any view that Cummings @ 3/1 is a decent price for Saturday?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Any view that Cummings @ 3/1 is a decent price for Saturday?

Dunno if I'd back him, but I have a weird feeling about that fight. Gunni is a massive favourite and understandably, but I think 2/9 has no value whatsoever, that's why I didn't put him in my accum. Gunni is a tiny welterweight, and Cummings is fairly huge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

dulux99 wrote: »
    Dunno if I'd back him, but I have a weird feeling about that fight. Gunni is a massive favourite and understandably, but I think 2/9 has no value whatsoever, that's why I didn't put him in my accum. Gunni is a tiny welterweight, and Cummings is fairly huge

Gunni beat Jeff Monson 5 years ago in the ADCC... and he says he prefers fighting guys who are heavier (and slower, from his point of view).

He's a strange animal, is Gunni. I'd be behind him on this one anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Anyone else think Mike Kings odds are a bit big? 13/8 in PP. He looked very strong in the tuf qualifiers and lost to Gordon in 3 rounds like Cathal.

Can't make my mind up about Miller/Cerrone tonight. Huge fan of Cerrone, but I think there's alot of value in 15/8 with Miller. Tibau, Barboza, Story & Miller pays about 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

When you consider the money back offer that Boyles have (which is very rare in so far as it applies to ALL markets and not just some markets) then surely Brandao at 31/10 with Boyles is the best value bet on the card?

He's a tough and experienced UFC campaigner who has won 7 fights from his last 9. If he loses in the first round you will get your money back, if he makes it to the second round then it's imaginable that the difference in class between him and McGregor is not as great as McGregor's price of 4/15 would suggest.

I am trying to look at the betting markets objectively and simply from a value perspective and it seems to me that this is a very good bet when viewed in light of the offer.

I would be interested in the views of others before I part with my 50 euro.

• Advertisement

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    When you consider the money back offer that Boyles have (which is very rare in so far as it applies to ALL markets and not just some markets) then surely Brandao at 31/10 with Boyles is the best value bet on the card?

He's a tough and experienced UFC campaigner who has won 7 fights from his last 9. If he loses in the first round you will get your money back, if he makes it to the second round then it's imaginable that the difference in class between him and McGregor is not as great as McGregor's price of 4/15 would suggest.

I am trying to look at the betting markets objectively and simply from a value perspective and it seems to me that this is a very good bet when viewed in light of the offer.

I would be interested in the views of others before I part with my 50 euro.

Id have it the opposite way around, if he doesnt finish conor in the first round unless hes massively improved his cardio then the odds are in conors favour for the later rounds. IMO the better value would be backing conor in the 2/3rd round to win. If he finishes him in the first then you get your money back.

Advertisement