Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

This really is a hard night to call.

Don't gamble often, and this is not a card id gamble much on.

pressed now, I'd pick Diego, Shields, Condit. Slightly edging towards Lawler

Jake Shields didn't land a jab all night .. that sub attempt at the end though:eek:

sorry for goin against Lombard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

My main bet was kelvin win, jury on points & Hendricks/Lombard KO ... Lombard letting me down on that one.

Saver was kelvin win , osp/condit/Hendricks fights all to not go the distance.... Not looking to bad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I guess Woodley ruined a lot of accumulators. I had Garcia, Bermudez, Gastelum, St.Preux, Jury, Condit and Hendricks.

Bloody Tyron Woodley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I've done 2 trebles for tomorrow nights card in Brazil :

Dan Henderson @ 2/1
    Scott Jorgensen @ 8/15
    Rony Mariano Bezerra @ 4/7

&

Norman Parke @ 2/5
    Gian Villante @ 7/10
    Mairbek Taisumov @ 3/10

Im hoping Henderson goes out with a bang especially as he's the last fighter to get a TRT exemption! Hard to split Villante & Maldonado , the fight really could go either way. Parke & Taisumov should both be good enough to win while Rony Jason will hopefully bounce back from his loss to Jeremy Stephens . Jorgensen should get his first win at 125 though its not a foregone conclusion as he didnt impress in his 125 debut against Makovsky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I put Formiga & Parke in along with a few games in the football but watching the fights I've decided to do small double on Maldonado & Ferreira for little extra interest

• Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have Maldonaldo and Parke here.
    Had Brandao too, but that ones void.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mellor wrote: »
    I have Maldonaldo and Parke here.
    Had Brandao too, but that ones void.

PP voided the Parke fight so did ya get single on it for Maldonaldo?

Final bet Shogun at 8/13, tempted to go for ko/sub at 5/6 but stick to win

Lot of big underdogs winning tonight , ruined my two trebles. My savior will be Shogun v henderson going over 2.5 rounds , had that in a treble with maldonado/villante over 2.5 rds & parke/leandro over 2.5 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Took a shot at Hendo winning by first round ko @14/1 :)

• Advertisement

Going by twitter there seems to be a lot of money going late on Hendo. I wonder if this is significant

ffs all i needed was 1 more minute :mad: nice comeback from hendo though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,062 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    PP voided the Parke fight so did ya get single on it for Maldonaldo?

My bets were all singles, sorry see how it looked like I was saying an accum.

I wasn't with PP, so not sure if Parke will be voided. I know betfair settle it as a dead heat. Which is good for the underdog, bad for the favourite (which is kinda fair also). But hopefully thats because they are an exchange, and 365 void it also. A dead heat returns 70% stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭broders3

Been a bit quiet here for a while but I think there is massive value in Matt Brown at 7/4 this weekend. He is coming off an injury but I think he has the grit to eat whatever Silva throws at him and finish him in late round 2 or in round 3. Add the fact that this fight takes place in his backyard as another reason to get abroad the Brown train (innuendo intended). If this fight was in the outer reaches of Brazil I wouldn't be as confident but 7/4 is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

broders3 wrote: »
    Been a bit quiet here for a while but I think there is massive value in Matt Brown at 7/4 this weekend. He is coming off an injury but I think he has the grit to eat whatever Silva throws at him and finish him in late round 2 or in round 3. Add the fact that this fight takes place in his backyard as another reason to get abroad the Brown train (innuendo intended). If this fight was in the outer reaches of Brazil I wouldn't be as confident but 7/4 is a great price.

It's defenitely way overpriced and value for sure. I could see Brown take all Silva can give him in round1 and come out strong in rounds 2 and 3 as you say and break him mentally. Should be a cracker of a fight but I see a finish for sure either way, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

another vote for brown here
    didnt realise it was in his backyard so a definite bet
    for me now

imagine this going five rounds :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im all over brown tomorrow at that price, have him in there to bump up my footy accumulator!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Brown Silva FoTN is 15/8, i can't see how that won't be FoTN it has war/KO written all over it. Add in the fact if anytime the main event isn't rubbish it gets FoTN.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Philippou vs Larkin could easily be FOTN - they both will want to stand and bang, not a chance of it going to the ground. Philippou has knockout power and Larkin has nasty elbows. Matt Browns fight could be a case of him just taking everything Silva has got and wearing him down in the later rounds.

If brown silva goes even 3 rounds of the 5 possible I reckon its a
    cert for fotn

I wouldn't bet on it going past 2 myself but 2 itself might
    be good enough to take the honours

There might be better fights on the night but they give it to the main event far too often when
    its often rarely deserved
    gsp fights in general nearly if not always got it and a lot were completely one sided
    I got burnt betting on that market far too often myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hendo is 17/1 to win in the first round with PP tomorrow night, ridiculous price for someone with a right hand like Hendo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Hendo is 17/1 to win in the first round with PP tomorrow night, ridiculous price for someone with a right hand like Hendo

Money down the drain IMO.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Money down the drain IMO.

Sure it's a big ask, but this is MMA and a LOT stranger things have happened, and Hendo certainly has the punch to end this quick, if he connects it's game over

I thought Cormier was a lot bigger than Hendo until i saw their weigh in tonight , physically they are very similar. My bet of the weekend is gonna be on a Barao victory by KO at 13/10 . The under 4.5 rounds at 10/17 is fairly generous as well imo - Barao has finished 18 of his 34 fights in the first 2 rounds.

big bet for me on the double of

barao dill not to go the distance with holdsworth to win

pays a little over evens is all

the 5/1 about barao round one is tempting me also at
    that is kinda big when plenty are going 3s

edit, went with barao round 1 at 5s with a saver
    on round 2 at 5s

James Krause is good value at 11/8, hes a long, fast and very elusive striker, the perfect style vs Varner.

betting with your heart scud

hope it comes in for you
    i'd be happy to be very wrong about that one

mailburner wrote: »
    betting with your heart scud

hope it comes in for you
    i'd be happy to be very wrong about that one

yeah, Hendo (and Shogun) are my fav ever fighters, can never go against them boys, was torture when they fought each other.

Only put a fiver on it, couldn't ignore that price

yeah, Hendo (and Shogun) are my fav ever fighters, can never go against them boys, was torture when they fought each other.

Only put a fiver on it, couldn't ignore that price

can't blame you

always hate to see the likes of dan, rua and for me it also
    hurt to see franklin or chuck beat and wandy of course
    theres not many left like them

when rich fought dan in dublin I went with a mate and at
    the time dan was his fav fighter (still is) rich was mine

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    big bet for me on the double of

barao dill not to go the distance with holdsworth to win