Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Unlucky with that one, though he had him early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

That turned out to be a good price, he just ran yan out of juice.

Yans TD defender was good but sooo many TD’s

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

So close

always looked like someone was gonna get subbed

Even.though it was very short I'd have given it fight of the night, it was excellent. Both dangerous on the feet before it went to the floor and a great battle on the floor then.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

It's rare to see someone as eager to have their chin touched as Dusko Todorovic and even though there is no value there, I'm going with Christian Duncan to beat him.

For the main card, I'm going Fiziev to win by KO/TKO, Usman and Vettori by decision

• Advertisement

I'm going Usman early. I think he'll want to get out early after what happened in the last fight.

I agree on Vettori.

I'm with you on Christian Duncan at home too.

There's also Chris Duncan who I seen on the contender series. He looked beaten and I was waiting for his opponent to go in and finish it one of the times he went down but he got back up every time and then out of nowhere put the guy to sleep with one punch. I like this fight to finish in round one but I'm not calling who wins it. Morales has been stopped in the second round in his last two fights but I don't think this one will last that long.

Gunnar Nelson will stop Bryan Barberena too I think. He'll keep him on the ground and tire him out and get the finish, might be ground and pound but you couldn't rule out a sub with Nelson's record.

Gaethje and Fiziev is a crazy matchup and if this were two guys not close to a title fight I'd have it down as a one round fight but I think they'll both be a bit cautious early because of how close they are to a shot at the title. I'll stay away from that one.

3/1 Leon was value and I wanted him to win so bad but nothing on him

I couldn’t see past usman but delighted Leon won

Pavlovich 13/10 to beat Blaydes

his wrestling is pretty good and I don’t see blaydes surviving long if he’s forced to stand

I thought he might be favourite

anyone else think the same?

it’s always possible blaydes could win if he’s still upright after 2 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭barryribs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Special on PP for Aljo and Belal to win at 7/2. Like the look of that.

Not a fan of either, especially Belal. But I think he'll be too strong for Burns and use his wrestling and avoid submissions.

Would kinda like to see Cejudo win but think Aljo might sub him.

• Advertisement

I think Cejudo wins. Almost impossible to get him down, he's too good of a wrestler.

The other one is very hard to call but I'd go Burns if I was forced to make a pick.

That double pays just over 2/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Went for the Burns/Cejudo double myself so they'll both lose :)

Hope Cejudo wins, would love to see him ove up and take on Volk.

Belal just seems very annoying so hope he loses for that alone.

Marina Rodriguez to win via decision/tech dec to start -7/4.

I'll still undecided about who to double with Cejudo...Burns or Belal.

There goes my bet anyway haha. Brutal two rounds from Rodriguez and now needs a finish (or a tech dec :P).

I think Aljo is so much bigger he will get Cejudo down. Been a long time since I can remember a co main and main that were both so close both with the bookies and everyone making predictions. Makes it far more interesting than some one-sided title fights we've had. I really don't see how Burns beats Belal either. Hope I'm wrong though.

Aljo and Belal both to win by decision is almost 11/1. Very tempting

Haha I was just looking at the odds on a Cejudo & Burns decision double - 10/1

Just threw a score on it.

Two cracking looking fights.

Of course I didn't actually put the bet on in time. 11/1 :(

Big PPV tonight but a weak looking card.

Nunes by decision is 3/1. I think Aldana should push her. Nunes won 3 of her last 4 by decision. Aldana's only losses in the UFC are via decision.

Malott by submission 5/2

Maverick by decision 5/6

Imavov by decision 13/8

Acca is 66/1

Going for Allen by sub and Topuria by sub at 6/1 (pp) 12 sub wins v 6 sub losses (allen silva) always a worry Allen might get ko'd but if he survives early I think he can take this.

Topuria for me is the next big contender in the fw div, Emmet, tough as they come rarely gets finished (losses 1 each, sub, dec, ko)

Topuria has a lot of sub wins if he doesn't try to take Emmets lights out which could end up with him being ko'd, think he might take him down to avoid a bloodbath (8 of 13 wins by sub)

Topuria has only been past the second round once in 13 fights also.

Tiny bet on both to get a sub in round 2 at 74/1 also

• Advertisement

Gone for the the ivanov ismagulov double at almost 3/1 (9pm start)

I don't rate Romanov, bit of a one trick pony who strugged with Tybura and Ivanov is a simliar tough fighter who has been finished once, Rom does tire late on also, may win the first one but I'm expecting him to wilt and if the odds are good in play I'll go in again. It's the first fight on the card which is unusual for a hw bout.

Ismagulov is one of the best in the division having gone 3 with tsarukyan and to me looks right out of the top drawer, Dawson is good but I've been very impressed with Ism in his last two bouts.

I really like the 10/11 on Ismagulov

smaller double on both by pts at 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

Gone for lots of big priced picks tonight:

Kirk on pts 6.0

Terrance Mitchell 5.0

Marcin Prachno 3.0

Alonzo Menifield 2.15, Crute has a lot of defeats

Denise Gomes on pts 7.5, other lassie is possible hype train so terrible value

Edgar Chairez at 7.5, I'll back almost any UFC fighter at 7.5

Valentine Woodburn, I'll definitely back an undeafeated fighter at 11.0

Dan Hooker looks washed but his opponenet isn't too great, Dan at 3.3 looks value

Du Plessis is way too big at 4.0

In title fights Moreno at 1.4 and Volk on pts at 2.25

wondering if whittaker on pts at 9/4 is worth taking? ko is only around evens

seven of his last eight have gone to pts (adesanya ko the other)

I don't rate du pleissus at all, has looked knackered after two rounds but should be able to hang on for three and rob is far too good everywhere, so much more speed as far as I can see and rarely goes in for the kill anymore

These are paddys tips, just can't see it at all, think Volk will destroy Yair.

Nickal

Turner

Whittaker

Moreno decision

Volkanovski decision

9/1

You said it all there. Whitaker better everywhere and Di Plessis gasses early and it'll be very early against Robert. Hard to see past a stoppage in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭tinpib

Lots of Bum vs Bum, loser leaves town matches on tonight, especially in the earlier fights. Fighters with good regional records then losing records once they get to the big pond of the UFC.

My big priced picks:

Ashlee Evans Smith pts 4.25, a bum vs bum fight. Evans has UFC exp so a value bet

Carl Deaton 2.63, again bum vs bum, went for the value

Tyson Nam 4.2, he is 39 now but tons of experience and big wins. His opponent could be a hype train.

Genaro Valdez 3.4, again bum vs bum, went for value

Austin Lingo 2.88, surprised to see him underdog, 2:2 in UFC, opponent 0:1.

Chelsea Chandler 2.15, cant believe she is underdog. Have been waiting for her to fight since her debut. She is, shall we say, very sturdily built. From her appearance she looks like best chance of a female fighter being able to starch chicks regularly. Tough opponent though, could be a good fight. Also took her to win by KO at 5.5

Della Maddalena is 1.14, that's usually an automatic bet on his opponent at 5.5, however here I think that Della Maddalena is a good thing, so hunting for value I think him to win on pts 10.0 is a great bet.

Bueno Silva pts 6.0, Father Time is undefeated, Holy cant keep going forever, her opponent is no mug so think pts is a good value bet here.

100€ on Dudakova 1/2

Get some pocket money for the main card.

Lerone Murphy win

Muniz win

Wood win via decision

McCann win via TKO

Aspinall win via TKO

14/1

betway going 9/4 on garry zhang and aljo

I think zhang is the only one that could let this down even though I think she'll win

single on Holobaugh 6/4 think it's a 50/50 fight, like the odds.

• Advertisement

I've backed du pleissis at evens and to win by ko at 14/5

I think he ko's strickland, not sure sean can take that power and think he's

gotten into stricklands head

I'd be worried though if this went past 3 rounds on the other hand

Advertisement