Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DiamondsBernie

My bets for today are

Pichel, Weeks, Chimaev by KO, Dern by sub, Pennington, Gall. All singles.

Best of luck.

Volkanovski win

Chimaev KO/TKO

Yan KO/TKO

7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think it'll be closer this time but hard to see past Yan

sterling went off too hot the last time and was paying the price for it, should be a bit more patient this time and I do think he'll win a round, possibly two.

The way I see it is....the whole world knows and mocked Ajo for how he got the belt and subsequent celebrations

If ever a guy needed to prove the world wrong and make a point its Ajo, the abuse he received for taking that belt was bad and the abuse

that'll follow if he loses badly will be just as bad.

It's too big a price for me and I think he could start well enough and there could be a bit of value in play for Yan after a round or two.

On the other hand although I won't back him at 7/2 I will have a small bet on him at 8/1 to win on pts as it's hard to see him win by any other method.

paddy going 10/1 on pts so taking that

Post edited by mailburner on

It's one of those ones where this time tomorrow we could be saying why the hell didn't we back burns against a guy who beat nobody.

Truthfully I don't know, everyone building up khamzat to be this unbeatable guy so I can't wait to see how he reacts if burns lands...

I'd be very surprised if he were able to take khamzat down so it's possibly a ko or nothing for me

small bet on the ko at 12s

Post edited by mailburner on

tecia torres pts 7/5 her stand up is better than derns has never been finished v rose joanna zhang andrade so dern will

do well to get her down and be the first to sub her

oleynik sub at around 13/8 temps me but I don't know his opponent that well

small bet on sterling to shock the world and prove all the doubters wrong pts at 8/1

he'll be unbearable if he wins however but the abuse he received will surely motivate him more, expecting a very close fight even a possible 48/47 though many think Yan will blow sterling away

I've often said how useless these guys are but the point deduction in the yan ajo match at 7s has gotta be but worth a fiver

https://news.paddypower.com/mma/2022/04/08/ufc-tips-16-1-punt-in-our-tipsters-best-bets-as-we-preview-ufc-273/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I just had to take the value bets on Burns, and a small one on Stirling. Also fancied Torres and Malott, so took the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Trust me lads, I won't be retiring on the stake I placed😁

Chandler namajunas close to evens

a gift surely

rose on a different level

tony well past it

think gaethje might take Charles also 11/8

Jessice-Rose Clark - decision

Maycee Barber - decision

Ian Garry - win

Suga Sean - KO/TKO/Dec

15/1

• Advertisement

Bohm - Decision

McCann - Decision

Hermansson - Win

Aspinall - Win

14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gone with the Molly, Paddy and Aspinall treble at just under 6/1 and PP have a special of paddy and Aspinall to win by ko/tko/sub at 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

The 4/1 on a Blaydes decision looks good to me.

Also 7/1 Leavitt by sub.

ferguson and rodriguez works out at close to 2/1

I can't see past rod and I think Tony is much better than Nate, did very well against chandler before getting ko'd

Any opinion on Islam v Charles?

For me its 50/50, I think their is small value on Charles at 7/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Impossible to call but it's certainly not going the distance. In fact I don't think it'll go over a round, two killers in there. I'd fancy Islam on the floor but Charles has serious knockout power. If Charles catches him on the way in or lands on top once it could be over very quickly.

Charles for me, he's in a totally different solar system to what Islam has fought before.

23 professional fights and seven years in the UFC yet Dan Hooker is Islam's biggest scalp...

Islam may very well be the real deal but we've yet to find out. We know Oliveira is.

Yeah agree with the above, if I were a bookie , it would be 10/11 v 10/11 the two of them and obviously would pound Islam at 7/5 if someone were to be so kind.

To be fair on Islam, Drew Dober and Arman Tsarukyan are his most impressive scalps and both are good fighters, but yeah nowhere near as impressive as what Charles has defeated over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Thiago Moises, Bobby Green and Dan Hooker are more impressive wins than the ones you mention above.

• Advertisement

Can’t resist a punt on volk at 3s

yair and menifield 7/4

emmet will probably need a ko

I don’t rate crute

I like spann at 7/5 honestly thought he might have been favourite

has a lot of subs also so 9/2 I have to take

He's a different fighter since he started taking his training more seriously and I think he'll make

a statement later

He also has 12 sub win and krylov had 6 sub losses from 9

Edit: fight called off bout 2 mins after posting...krylov fallen ill

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭barryribs

I'm thinking of having a punt on Gane tonight, Jones swimming is a big red flag for an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'm tempted by Gane myself, 3 years out and a number of very patchy years before has me wondering what Jones will look like. He looked human post USADA and with opponents who were able to match his size. The only thing that is stopping me pulling the trigger is Jones grappling which should be much better than Gane's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I never thought I would do it but I have also put a small bet on Gane. Jones looks like an out of shape light heavyweight to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jones moving to HW and no fight thread sums up this place. Would have been buzzing in the past.

I think if Jones has any fight IQ, or his camp has anyone with any ability to strategise. They he takes Gane down and subs him

This is back on tonight so same as before only the sub is 11/2 now

is merab not big at 9/4 probably only wins by points so 10/3?

I'd be thinking Yan would be a very good price after 2/3 rounds if merab can't keep him down

not sure he can do it for five though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah I think Merab is a huge price.

Skybet have an enhanced price on Merab by decision @ 4/1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

🤑!

Advertisement