Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone else think that Ross Pearson is overpriced at 3/1 against Will Brooks? I know Ross is the definition of inconsistency and Brooks looks really good, but Pearson is a tough out for someone making their debut under the big lights of the UFC with a lot of pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Paully D wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Ross Pearson is overpriced at 3/1 against Will Brooks? I know Ross is the definition of inconsistency and Brooks looks really good, but Pearson is a tough out for someone making their debut under the big lights of the UFC with a lot of pressure on.

Possibly, Pearson is 2-0 against fighters making their UFC debuts against him, so there could be a bit of substance to that line of thought. I'd still fancy Brooks to get the job done but UFC jitters are a very real thing and could strike pretty much anyone.

For someone making their UFC debut normally I'd agree but wasn't he Bellator champ? I don't reckon that the occasion will get to him, its not as if he is coming from some regional organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,198 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it's a case that Pearson is value as the underdog (usually the case verses hyped newcomers). But he'll still lose more of the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

For someone making their UFC debut normally I'd agree but wasn't he Bellator champ? I don't reckon that the occasion will get to him, its not as if he is coming from some regional organisation.

Still a step up in Competition,honestly i wouldn't be surprised if he finds the going hard against Pearson who is no pushover.

Pearson is a bit better than his record suggests,a few of his recent outings were close run plus the silly Diego decision,i honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see Brooks lose.

Also there is added pressure on him,first fight in the UFC,plus Ross is almost fighting for his UFC life.I didn't see Brooks fight much but his resume isn't spectacular two rematchs out of his 19 fights and Pearson has been fighting stiffer competition for a lot longer.

• Advertisement

newbbieb wrote: »
    Still a step up in Competition,honestly i wouldn't be surprised if he finds the going hard against Pearson who is no pushover.

Pearson is a bit better than his record suggests,a few of his recent outings were close run plus the silly Diego decision,i honestly wouldn't be that surprised to see Brooks lose.

Also there is added pressure on him,first fight in the UFC,plus Ross is almost fighting for his UFC life.I didn't see Brooks fight much but his resume isn't spectacular two rematchs out of his 19 fights and Pearson has been fighting stiffer competition for a lot longer.

Didn't Ross win TUF a few years ago? and is English! I personally don't think he is any fear of being cut if he loses, even if he loses the next two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ross Pearson and Lewis are two very live dogs this week imo. Might put a fiver on both

Brooks is also 9 months without a fight and coming in on 1 month notice.
    That said, Pearson is annoyingly inconsistent and hasn't won two on the trot for 3 years. I'll be betting to go the distance on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Didn't Ross win TUF a few years ago? and is English! I personally don't think he is any fear of being cut if he loses, even if he loses the next two.

Thats why i said almost close to being cut,but unless holding onto him because he is British he could easily be close to being cut,and being an ultimate fighter winner doesn't give him immunity,winners have been cut before i think Eddie Gordon is probably the most recent,Kendall Grove springs to mind.

But in saying that i don't think they would cut him too handy but in his mind its he wouldn't be so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What a week of fights,

Tavares to beat Choi @2/1 sticks out a lot.

Derek Lewis to beat Nelson @11/10

Alan Jouban @4/5

Treble of the above @10.5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I backed Claudia Gadelha a few months ago at 13/8 and Gastelum at 7/4 . I also doubled them up, both have shortened considerably in price since and I'm being offered more than my original stake already to cash out. Not as confident on Claudia anymore but will wait til after the weigh ins to see if I cash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hoki wrote: »
    I backed Claudia Gadelha a few months ago at 13/8 and Gastelum at 7/4 . I also doubled them up, both have shortened considerably in price since and I'm being offered more than my original stake already to cash out. Not as confident on Claudia anymore but will wait til after the weigh ins to see if I cash out.

There's always the chance Gastelum is too fat too :D

There's always the chance Gastelum is too fat too :D

There gonna both miss weight and it'll end up being at middleweight haha

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I asked Paddy Power online odds for Hunt Rd1 Walk Off KO. They got back to me on twitter and gave 8/1 with the stipulation @******** Must be referred to by UFC commentators as a ‘Walk off KO on the live broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 39,198 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I asked Paddy Power online odds for Hunt Rd1 Walk Off KO. They got back to me on twitter and gave 8/1 with the stipulation @******** Must be referred to by UFC commentators as a ‘Walk off KO on the live broadcast

The Rd1 KO is 13/10, so a bit of a bonus for the walk off. If you place the bet, maybe tweet the conditions of the bet to Goldie & Rogan, can only help to have them aware

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Thats fairly good odds... if he gets the walk off ko you know the commentators will be all over it.... no way they dont mention it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Mellor wrote: »
    The Rd1 KO is 13/10, so a bit of a bonus for the walk off. If you place the bet, maybe tweet the conditions of the bet to Goldie & Rogan, can only help to have them aware

I don't think there is too much of a chance of Hunt getting a rd 1 KO walk off and Goldie & Rogan not screaming the arena down about it :D

lol @ the bet, its a fun bet :pac: I'd love to see it come in. Seems PP have a lot of new markets running. I like the look of the points deduction market, that could be an interesting 1. Jones/Cormier 4/1, considering the dislike, wrestling gameplan from 1 side(Jones might grab the cage) or the possible eyepokes from Jones strikes.

According to my PP account I've bet on draw at 50/1 in Jones Cormier :eek: I don't remember placing it lol it was v.late night a few weeks ago. I was watching a lot of conspiracy shows a few weeks ago and think I had some late night idea of it being a draw for a rematch at 205 in NY :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Gone with this so far

Mousasi to win
    Cain to win
    Duffy by KO,TKO,DQ or Sub
    Tate by KO,TKO,DQ or Sub
    Joanna by KO,TKO,DQ or Sub
    Hunt by KO,TKO,DQ or Sub

€7 accum, Potential returns just over €270 (B365)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Went with Duffy, RDA and Joubain treble.
    Fiver on Derek Lewis.

Will see how they go. Also looking at Cain, TJ and Moussassi treble.

May stick on another couple depending how the weekend goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Like the big country ko at 6/4
    Think this is the worst possible match up for lewis

• Advertisement

:pac::D:pac:

CmwvH2FWAAA09-N.jpg

Actually quite a few specials on PP, including DW to be punched in the face 100/1 or ANY fighter to miss weight evens(Hendrix & Gastelum!!)

Devastator wrote: »
    :pac::D:pac:

CmwvH2FWAAA09-N.jpg

Actually quite a few specials on PP, including DW to be punched in the face 100/1 or ANY fighter to miss weight evens(Hendrix & Gastelum!!)

What price is messing weight? I can't check in work!

ASOT wrote: »
    What price is messing weight? I can't check in work!

Still evens from when I made the previous post :eek::pac:

edit - link to the UFC200 specials https://t.co/NWF3RKG6gp

Devastator wrote: »
    Still evens from when I made the previous post :eek::pac:

edit - link to the UFC200 specials https://t.co/NWF3RKG6gp

I'd take that price on gastelum alone

mailburner wrote: »
    Like the big country ko at 6/4
    Think this is the worst possible match up for lewis

scratch that one...nelson ko and round one 11/4 (pp) saver on same round two at 15/2
    if it doesnt end in the first it will certainly end early in the second
    only hunt has stopped bc since 2008, doubt myself lewis will be the second

scratch that one...nelson ko and round one 11/4 (pp) saver on same round two at 15/2
    if it doesnt end in the first it will certainly end early in the second
    only hunt has stopped bc since 2008, doubt myself lewis will be the second

I think Lewis might be the second biggest hitter after Hunt though, the man has terrifying power. I've gone for Lewis to finish him but it's a considerable step up in competition for him so it's not the surest bet I've ever made. I just think he's improved a great deal since his second loss to Shawn Jordan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Any prices on Hunto ko'ing Brock and thanking jesus with his first sentence to rogan,nailed on.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think Lewis might be the second biggest hitter after Hunt though, the man has terrifying power. I've gone for Lewis to finish him but it's a considerable step up in competition for him so it's not the surest bet I've ever made. I just think he's improved a great deal since his second loss to Shawn Jordan.

it's a risky one to bet on either and a huge step up for lewis
    I think if the likes of mitrione can knock out lewis, bc will surely do same if he connects first of course
    I've a feeling bc only needs to connect once where bc could take a few haymakers

it's a risky one to bet on either and a huge step up for lewis
    I think if the likes of mitrione can knock out lewis, bc will surely do same if he connects first of course
    I've a feeling bc only needs to connect once where bc could take a few haymakers

Tis only a small bet anyways, but Lewis by KO in R2 at 17/2 was well worth getting on for me.

• Advertisement

@ 246/1..worth a euro :D

bc ko round one
    frankie ko round one (aldo is past it)
    rda ko round one (if alvarez blinks its over)

Advertisement