Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Small multiple bets through the card. Have Rory, Letourneau and then after that pretty much every outsider. Just doing it for the interest really. The thread might be quiet enough tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Done 2 bets....so far :eek::D

Treb to win McDonald, Cowboy & LeTourneu about 4/1

Quad Boss(to win), NOT to go distance Cowboy/Cote, Sago/Silva & Covinton/Meunier about 16/1

Not UFC events until 200 fight week so gotta get my fix tonight :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Devastator wrote: »
    f**kin paddypower :mad:

Paddy Power are terrible for MMA bets, stopped using them a few months ago in favour of bet365.

Have a few mov acca's on for tonight with the full card and the main card as a bit of craic and a hail mary bet.

Main bet then with just 6 fights of

Covington by KO/Sub
    Cirkunov by KO/Sub
    McCrory by KO/Submission
    Latourneau by Decision
    Patrick Cote by KO/sub
    Thompson by KO

Comes in around 500/1..stuck the same bet on with Thompson by decision too for the same sort of odds.

Tough fight to call, originally was going to go MacDonald by Sub..could see him grind out the decision either. Depends what Cowboy turns up in the other fight but he could win just as easy.

Small bets anyways just €1 on them for a bit of interest.

I lost my bet365 details and you have to call them to reset! Its about the only website that doesn't offer online/email resets and I couldn't be bothered. Have accounts elsewhere aswell but I'm still playing with my winnings from the last event and it was done on PP.

I'd agree with you on all but co & main. I don't think Cote is upto beating Cowboy but as you said the main is bit of a coin flip. Even though he beat an ex champ in Hendrix last time out I just think psycho Rory will come out tonight.

I doubt I'll be able to stay away to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Done 2 bets....so far :eek::D

Treb to win McDonald, Cowboy & LeTourneu about 4/1

Quad Boss(to win), NOT to go distance Cowboy/Cote, Sago/Silva & Covinton/Meunier about 16/1

Not UFC events until 200 fight week so gotta get my fix tonight :p

thats what I was thinking and am 50/50 about including rory

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anyone with a 365 account and staying up keep an eye on the inrunning market they are very volatile mad prices being offered the last few weeks by them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I
    I'd agree with you on all but co & main. I don't think Cote is upto beating Cowboy but as you said the main is bit of a coin flip. Even though he beat an ex champ in Hendrix last time out I just think psycho Rory will come out tonight.

I doubt I'll be able to stay away to watch

Not convinced by Cowboy yet after the beating he took off RDA, he did look decent last time against Oliviera but have to give Cote a chance, hes on a decent run and then the main event is a total toin toss. Last time I decided to gamble on the 'underdogs' so to speak it worked out..Hendo and Bisping so heres hoping Cote and Thompson do the same tonight.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Anyone with a 365 account and staying up keep an eye on the inrunning market they are very volatile mad prices being offered the last few weeks by them.

Can't say I have noticed the in-play odds being any different to the ones on offer earlier in the day. Must keep an eye tonight and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Question for ye lads what's the best bookies to set up an account with, only really interested in mma for gambling purposes and only handy bets for the fun of it.

Bet365 imo

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »
    only really interested in mma for gambling purposes

:eek: I try to stay away from sports I've no interest in. I'm bad enough at picking winners from sports I like nevermind sports I don't watch :D
    Axwell wrote: »
    Not convinced by Cowboy yet after the beating he took off RDA, he did look decent last time against Oliviera but have to give Cote a chance, hes on a decent run and then the main event is a total toin toss. Last time I decided to gamble on the 'underdogs' so to speak it worked out..Hendo and Bisping so heres hoping Cote and Thompson do the same tonight.

I know Cotes been on a run, but its just the standard of fighters hes faced I don't feel are too hot compared to Cowboy. If it had of been 6/7 years ago Cote(pre Silva fight & injury)I'd find it hard to choose. Is Thompson much of a dog on bet365? I know PP have them both below evens(:mad::mad::mad: that annoys the balls off me). I had Bisping in an acc that last night aswell but got let down by a big fav, like 4/7 or something.....and isn't it typical, it was the last 1 I put in the bulk it up :rolleyes: greedy fecker me, Bisping's odds weren't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Devastator wrote:
    I try to stay away from sports I've no interest in. I'm bad enough at picking winners from sports I like nevermind sports I don't watch

Yeah that reads wrong, I meant ive no interest in soccer etc only mma, so my only bets would be mma.

Clear as mud :-)

Is Thompson much of a dog on bet365? I know PP have them both below evens(:mad::mad::mad: that annoys the balls off me).

Nah 4/5 for Rory and evens for wonderboy so its much of a muchness, i meant the odds are a bit meatier on Cote as the underdog but the other fight is 50/50

Nah 4/5 for Rory and evens for wonderboy so its much of a muchness, i meant the odds are a bit meatier on Cote as the underdog but the other fight is 50/50

ahhhh funny, PP are better on Rory(10/11) but worse on Thompson 5/6...suppose compared to bet365 its about even on that fight.

plenty of money for rory today, still evens with coral with plenty of 11/10 on wonderboy

took the cerrone/letour double at 2.79 and the treble with rory at 5.10

lot of money today coming for Rory,I think if you fancy wonderboy you have to back the ko,cant see him winning over 5 rds against a battle harden Rory.

lot of money today coming for Rory,I think if you fancy wonderboy you have to back the ko,cant see him winning over 5 rds against a battle harden Rory.

Is that your bet? What is your bet?

I can't actually remember seeing you post up a bet in this thread, apart from the BS "I'll get a tattoo if...." nonsense. Plenty of posts telling others that they're throwing their money away though :rolleyes:

mailburner wrote: »
    plenty of money for rory today, still evens with coral with plenty of 11/10 on wonderboy

took the cerrone/letour double at 2.79 and the treble with rory at 5.10

arrghhhh decimals :confused: whats that on the treb 4/1 or 5/1? It always confuses me lol

arrghhhh decimals :confused: whats that on the treb 4/1 or 5/1? It always confuses me lol

Double is 1.79/1 and treble is 4.1/1

take away one so 5.10 is 4.1/1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Just one bet that stands out for me tonight. Steve Bosse to KO Sean O'Connell in the 1st round at 11/5. Bosse has 9 ko victories from 13 fights and nearly decapitated James Te Huna in his last fight in 1st round. O'Connell has 3 losses from his 5 fights in the Ufc with 2 of those by KO in the 1st round.

Last 1, small(as in stake lol) 28/1 5-timer on a few earlier fights, gimme a bit of interest watching them before I fall asleep lol 1st 2 are 2/1 outsiders so probably get beat early anyway

Herrera, Meunier, Beal, Theodorou& Aubin-Mercier

Hoki wrote: »
    Just one bet that stands out for me tonight. Steve Bosse to KO Sean O'Connell in the 1st round at 11/5. Bosse has 9 ko victories from 13 fights and nearly decapitated James Te Huna in his last fight in 1st round. O'Connell has 3 losses from his 5 fights in the Ufc with 2 of those by KO in the 1st round.

followed that, looks a great bet/price

Doesn't look like any of us touched lucky last night :mad: Closest I got was the 16/1 quad but Sago/Silva went to points. I kept blinking during that fight and each blink must have been about 4 minutes so I turned off laptop as soon as I seen it went to points.

Whats wrong with gamebred? No reply? I'd presume then that means you didn't have a bet last night and you don't actually bet. If that it the case then IMO you can fcuk right off out of this thread and stop commenting on other peoples bets or recommending what actual gamblers should put their money behind. I think thats far worse than after timing because what you are posting could influence someones bet and loose them their money.

Doesn't look like any of us touched lucky last night :mad: Closest I got was the 16/1 quad but Sago/Silva went to points. I kept blinking during that fight and each blink must have been about 4 minutes so I turned off laptop as soon as I seen it went to points.

Whats wrong with gamebred? No reply? I'd presume then that means you didn't have a bet last night and you don't actually bet. If that it the case then IMO you can fcuk right off out of this thread and stop commenting on other peoples bets or recommending what actual gamblers should put their money behind. I think thats far worse than after timing because what you are posting could influence someones bet and loose them their money.

giphy.gif

PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

mailburner wrote: »
    followed that, looks a great bet/price

Either fighter could have dropped in that first round, hell of a fight, O'Connell's chin held up better than I hoped, ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doesn't look like any of us touched lucky last night :mad:.

I had my first winning week in a a few. Not much, but growth is growth

PMSL

Mod: If you aren't betting then you have no place being in here...especially with these childish responses. If the bet isn't good enough for you to put your own money on it don't be telling others how to spend theirs. Post your bet if you are making one or stick to the other threads.

Mod: If you aren't betting then you have no place being in here...especially with these childish responses. If the bet isn't good enough for you to put your own money on it don't be telling others how to spend theirs. Post your bet if you are making one or stick to the other threads.

Dont see any rules saying I cant discuss market moves an what method of victory bets I fancy so I will continue to do so here,cheers.

• Advertisement

Stating market moves is fine, the childish responses aren't so post elsewhere if that's all you are coming in here to do. There are a group of regulars here who post their bets and discuss markets. You don't post bets, you talk about bets and you come in making statements like "I will tattoo Bisping on my forehead or change my name if X wins" (which you never actually followed through on either). So if you plan to continue posting here cut out the nonsense. Cheers.

Advertisement