Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How tall are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

6"1 ish these days. alot taller than most people 24+ i know but not at all for people my own age (19)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

6' 2'' (17)

I love my height except for in a few situations such as long bus journeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

ha what's with the option for 5 ft 12"?

Im 6ft on the button! Would be around average between my friends - I'm 19..

My mam is 5 ft 2", my dads 5 ft 6" and my sister's 5 ft so I'm a bit of a genetic cockup in my family!

And what's with around 40% of people being 6ft or over? I suppose it is the internet and all but come on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

5' 6, I used to be 5'8 but I shrunk:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

6 foot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

lol @ 24 people voting 6'2.

I'm 5'11.5 to 6' BTW, have used a couple of them height/weight machines and they have all given both of those two heights. I even got measured manually on an outing one day by an instructor and he said 6' but another dad my dad measured me and I was 5'11.5.

My dad is 5'7 but I got plenty of good nourishment when growing up and plenty of long walks. A couple of uncles on my mams side are around 6 foot. My Dads Father was 5'7 too but my mams Father was 6'2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Perhaps it's only the taller males on boards that wish to publicly volunteer their heights?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

6'2..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

6'1 and been that height since about 14 years old.

Was worried i'd end up being freakishly tall but then just stopped growing so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Just barely 5ft :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

186.5 cm in the morning, 185.5 cm after a long day.

Stopped getting taller when I was 17 ...any growth since has been in width :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

peasant wrote: »
    186.5 cm in the morning, 185.5 cm after a long day.
    This isn't Ikea, what height are you?

Boards is full of giants must be the tallest website community in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ScumLord wrote: »
    This isn't Ikea, what height are you?

Last time I checked Ireland used metric measurements :D

But if you want to insist on using the old fashioned units of the colonial opressor ...somewhere between 6'1" and 6'2", if my maths are correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

5'4"

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Orlock

6 ft 9, small world

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

peasant wrote: »
    Last time I checked Ireland used metric measurements :D
    Not quite we use a hybrid system for maximum confusion. Peoples heights and buildings are all in old fashioned imperial. Everything inside your house like your tv and tables will be in metric. So your room will be so many feet whereas your couch will be so many metres. Then outside your house it depends on who you talk to as to what the unit of measurement is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

5"4 (female), it is at times like when I am at a concert, I wish I was about 5"10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No comment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭doradoll

Female 5ft 5 1/2 ( that half is very important !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

angel01 wrote: »
    5"4 (female), it is at times like when I am at a concert, I wish I was about 5"10 :D
    This is actually one of the best parts of the tallness ( 6ft 4). Would hate to be behind me at a concert..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

5'10" female/Irish

I used to hate being tall when i was a teen now i love it and i dont have a problem wearing heels either (a lot of people think you shouldnt when you're tall)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

5'6 and 3/4. (Am very particular about those 3/4)

Makes a change from the 5 foot 15/16 year old. Stopped growing upwards at about 20/21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

5 foot 7. It's the perfect height for me. Happy with it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

5 feet, 11 and a half inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 a.maze

I am between 6'1 and 6'2 . I am taller than some who claim to be 6'2 and shorter than some 6'1 claimers but officially i am 6'1 and a bit. I don't feel tall and judging by the poll most people are my height. Ireland possesses a lot of tall people may be its the spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

just under 6:3 so i voted 6:2.there seems to be a large proportion of tall people on the internet:eek:.Its rare that I see someone taller than me in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

4ft 10" - 4ft 11" (Female/Irish) Stopped growing in height when I was 12 or 13. Now 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm floating between 6'3" and 6'4".

But i'm going to die when i'm 30 from a back explosion. My back's nearly in bits from just brushing my teeth. Driving's a pain too, i'm usually in the back seat crushing who ever's unfortunate enough to be sitting behind me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

5ft 2

Advertisement