Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's my Paul Galvin "Galvinised" thread???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah thats all you were trying to do....

Why the obscureness?

What do you think I was "trying" to do :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

amdublin wrote: »
    Are you at all concerned about his behaviours???

What kind of person flys up to Kerry to go shopping in Dublin??

Maybe. And just maybe. And in my opinion only, somebody who is unhappy with their life and trying to fill a big hole with material items.

Ps. Again (re the skinny jeans). I just posted on what I saw ie a fat @rse squeezed into skinny jeans. What's my crime?

Na I don't, its his life. If he wants to fly from Shannon to Kerry leave him off. I'm more concerned about your behaviour and why you care..

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Resi12 wrote: »
    No your being a bloody coward thinking your the tough guy slagging him off using this thread as a cover to do it. Your not even talking about the show but his attire. Get over it man, as others have said it looks pathetic.

Paul.....is that you???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No your being a bloody coward thinking your the tough guy slagging him off using this thread as a cover to do it. Your not even talking about the show but his attire. Get over it man, as others have said it looks pathetic.

I am a girl.

Why are you being so defensive about him?

In my opinion, from what I saw on the program, he wore crazy clothes and is acting very strange.

Why is this offending you so much?

I'm more concerned about your behaviour and why you care..

Ah thanks for your concern.

Why do you care so much about him that you are getting defensive about my opinions of him from what I saw on the program this eve.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

some great Paul Galvin fanboys in here tonight :D

I personally wouldn't judge him on his clothes or anything like that. Hes a terrific footballer but that documentary was very odd.

Anyone who thinks that he came across well needs their head examined in fairness.

Loving the argument that "this guy is great for GAA because he is different". Crap argument really, wearing what he perceives as trendy clothes is all well and good, but he can also be an idiot at the same time.

As one previous poster put it, if that was intentional comedy then it would be genius.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

What kind of person flys up to Kerry to go shopping in Dublin??

it's often the cheapest way to get to Dublin from the southwest for a start.
    Your posts in this thread come across as begrudging, bitter and twisted tbh.
    (not that they are unusual for the kind of posts people generally post here or in AH)

The list of your posts someone posted above made you look like the person with the problems, not Galvin.

offaly1 wrote: »
    Paul.....is that you???

you may be onto something there you know ;) i'd well believe he reads what is being said about him, despite his claims to the contrary :)

copacetic wrote: »
    (not that they are unusual for the kind of posts people generally post here or in AH)

The list of your posts someone posted above made you look like the person with the problems, not Galvin.

Sorry copactic.

Sorry for seeing a man wearing (in my opinion) numerous strange outfits and commenting on them.

steady on there man, she is allowed critique that documentary in any way she chooses.

She is not the only one to say that was extremely strange viewing. Its not that outlandish of a thing to say so no need for you to be so sensitive.

• Advertisement

steady on there man, she is allowed critique that documentary in any way she chooses.

She is not the only one to say that was extremely strange viewing. Its not that outlandish of a thing to say so no need for you to be so sensitive.

everyone can say whatever they want within the forum rules, they can also stand over their posts if and when other people comment on them. Also within the forum rules. If you post constant bitter mean spirited and spiteful muck, people might notice and comment on it.

i.e I can post what I want too. See how that works?

everyone can say whatever they want within the forum rules, they can also stand over there posts if and when other people comment on them. Also within the forum rules. If you post constant bitter mean spirited and spiteful muck, people might notice and comment on it.

ok i reckon this is Paul Galvin :eek:

If you post constant bitter mean spirited and spiteful muck, people might notice and comment on it.

Dude, sorry for not seeing one nice outfit.
    Sorry for seeing a man wearing what looked like his sisters second class school cardigan.
    Like what else am I supposed to say 'omg isn't he just a fashion icon squeezed into his skinny jeans with practically his boobies on show in NY city'

A spade is a spade dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

ok i reckon this is Paul Galvin :eek:

+ 1

him or resi. or both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Jayob10 wrote: »
    + 1

him or resi. or both :D

both me thinks. will the real paul galvin please stand up;-)

Dude, sorry for not seeing one nice outfit.
    Sorry for seeing a man wearing what looked like his sisters second class school cardigan.
    Like what else am I supposed to say 'omg isn't he just a fashion icon squeezed into his skinny jeans with practically his boobies on show in NY city'

A spade is a spade dude.

rubbish, everyone can still see your posts, you didn't just comment on someones clothes. variously he is a very sad man, a loony, about to have a nervous breakdown and gay. Talk about typical small minded bitterness.
    Omg I think all this shopping is a sign of a very sad man.
    He's so bloody vain. It's very embarrassing.
    Maybe lack of oxygen to the brain is the cause of the looniness??
    He's on the cusp of something big.

Big nervous breakdown in my opinion
    I'd bet on it.

No mention of girlfriend or anything in the docu.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

rubbish, everyone can still see your posts, you didn't just comment on someones clothes. variously he is a very sad man, a loony, about to have a nervous breakdown and gay. Talk about typical small minded bitterness.

Don't take it personally Paul. Plenty of closet top man shoppers in Kerry secretly want to be you. Result! :p

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Don't take it personally Paul. Plenty of closet top man shoppers in Kerry secretly want to be you. Result! :p

Childish.

You left out my little emoticon after my first statement about hom being sad man. (:()

Yes. In my opinion, after watching this program I think that he is a sad man , a little lost at the moment and trying to find his way, and trying to fill a big empty hole by buying clothes.

I feel a bit sorry for him after watching :(

But yes as well, sorry I couldn't resist slagging off the clothes. Omg how could I not resist they were so ridiculous imo :D

As to him being gay. Whether he is or not is neither here nor there. The only time I posted a surmisation about that was when someone asked was he and I said "I'd bet on it". That's just what I think. I don't know if he is or not. And again its neither here nor there.

I am sorry you don't like what I saw and what I commented about seeing tonight. I can't change what he wore, what he said, what keyring he carried etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

If there was ever a classic example of someone getting carried away with their own hype this is it.. he seems to me like a very confused individual

• Advertisement

Nobody is asking you but you can make your point and move on but you keep bringing it back up every post. I don't actually care as much as you are thinking, I just don't get why you keep posting how horrible his clothes were again and again. Your quite clearly enjoying it and imo a bit of a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

why are people saying hes gay.......his girlfriend is a top model

Nobody is asking you but you can make your point and move on but you keep bringing it back up every post. I don't actually care as much as you are thinking, I just don't get why you keep posting how horrible his clothes were again and again. Your quite clearly enjoying it and imo a bit of a bully.

Yes a few posts above said I found his clothes ridiculous and could not resist slagging. I stand over my comments. Come on!! He looked ridiculous! :D

For someone who doesn't care you are mighty defensive. To the point of calling me a bully :confused:
    Because you don't agree with me saying his clothes were not nice? Because you don't agree with me, that to me, he came across crazy??

Very defensive indeed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Paul Galvin is a brilliant footballer, player of the year 2009 etc etc. The difference between Kerry with him and without him is amazing. He is in bad form for much of that documentary because his main focus is life is football and he missed nearly the entire season this year through suspension and injury. Yes he is trying to fill a gap by shopping etc - the gigantic gap of not being playing for Kerry.

The fashion and music stuff was a bit of entertainment, and for me his clothes show off his great body so who cares :D:D. Yis are only jealous.:). The guy comes accross a bit unstable at times - but that is part of his charm. We need people who are a bit different in life.

End of the day it was a TV programme - if you didnt like why didnt you turn it off??
    I am really looking forward to seeing him play football again next year. Thats what really matters - to him too.

domino123 wrote: »
    why are people saying hes gay.......his girlfriend is a top model

Robbie Fowler responded to constant fouling by Graham Le Saux when he was being marked by him by taunting Le Sauz for being gay, Le Saux responded by saying he was married, Fowler replied "so was Elton John mate" ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    Robbie Fowler responded to constant fouling by Graham Le Saux when he was being marked by him by taunting Le Sauz for being gay, Le Saux responded by saying he was married, Fowler replied "so was Elton John mate" ;)

and your point is......all d people here are great 2 criticise him from behind yer computer screens.......pity none of ye have the balls in real life

Okay night all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

any mention of his alleged kid slapping antics?

did he come across as the gurrier he comes across as on the pitch?

RoverJames wrote: »
    . Everything I have said in this thread I would have no problem repeating to Galvin's face :)

very easy 2 say that behind the computer screen....like many ov those journalists out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

domino123 wrote: »
    very easy 2 say that behind the computer screen....like many ov those journalists out there.

well paul i'm sure we could arrange a get together!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement