Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Premiere Dates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mentalist Season 6 - Tuesday 28/1 at 10.35 pm

On RTE or Channel 5?

Looking Season 1- January 27 on Sky Atlantic
    True Detective Season 1- February 22 on Sky Atlantic
    Game of Thrones Season 4 - April 7 on Sky Atlantic
    Suits Season 3 - January 30 on Dave
    Sleepy Hollow Season 1 (Part 2) - February 5 on Universal Channel
    Grimm Season 3 - February 5 on Watch
    The Walking Dead Season 4 (Part 2) - February 10 on FOX UK
    Beauty and the Beast Season 2 - February 12 on Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    On RTE or Channel 5?

Oops, RTE 1 :o

On RTE or Channel 5?

oops, RTE 1 :o

Hennesm wrote: »
    Anyone know when suits or person of interest is back on rte?

I think Season 2 of Suits starts on RTE 2 tomorrow night

• Advertisement

I think Season 2 of Suits starts on RTE 2 tomorrow night

Yeah it's on at 11.15pm & Suits S03 is on Dave 30/1 at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

Dads starts on ITV2 - Monday 27th January @ 9.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭johnire

I'm waiting patiently for someone to start showing Season 1 !!!

Yeah it's on at 11.15pm & Suits S03 is on Dave 30/1 at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

johnire wrote: »
    Unlikely you're going to find 1 on TV. RTE are on season 2 and Dave are on 3. You're best bet to record both, find season 1 elsewhere, cough, cough and binge watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

johnire wrote: »

It's a great show! Use any means needed via interweb too find season one. You'll be hooked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Nurse Jackie S5 starting on Sky Atlantic on Fri 14/2/14 (not 7/2/14 as previously advertised) @ 22:00

Modern Family S5 starts on Sky1 on Tue 18/2/14, time TBC.

True Detective S1 starts on Sky Atlantic on Sat, 22/2/14 @ 21:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

Season 9 of How I met Your Mother is starting on E4 Thursday February 6th:

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/e4-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-how-i-met-your-mother-season-9/

hayser wrote: »
    Season 9 of How I met Your Mother is starting on E4 Thursday February 6th:

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/01/e4-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-how-i-met-your-mother-season-9/

Will they get through the whole series in one go or will they stop half way. TBBT came back for two weeks after Christmas before disappearing again until April.

I hate E4 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They've also done it with season 4 of Parks and Recreation, missed the first two episodes and I only stumbled upon it by accident when I spotted it was on after midnight. Absolutely ridiculous scheduling.

Well in fairness to RTE they need to keep those slots for quality and superior domestic comedic produce like Killinaskully, Mattie, Trojan Horse, the Republic of Telly, Winning Streak*, Fair City* and also need to keep slots available in case the "stars" of RTE have some pet hobby that is of interest to 0.0000001% of the population but those "stars" need it to feed their egos; programmes like "Joe Duffy's Search for Jim Larkin's Underpants" or "Ryan Tubridy travels the world first class in search of a Paul McCartney teapot".......

:rolleyes:

RTE's scheduling drives me absolutely mad. Some recent examples:
    Parks and Rec, post midnight Tues
    Damages, post midnight Tues, then unannounced day and time slot change mid series - nice
    Mad Men, post midnight Friday**

Is it any wonder I'm in the process of amassing the largest DVD/blu ray collection in the world? :rolleyes:

* they're comedies in my eyes!
    ** head of programming for RTE was on The Last Word with Matt Cooper some time back and I sent in a text specifically questioning the Mad Men scheduling. The response went something like this: "well, most people would have seen it on Sky Atlantic by now anyway". WTF? Seriously? If that's really the logic, why buy it at all then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Damages, post midnight Tues, then unannounced day and time slot change mid series - nice
    Mad Men, post midnight Friday**

Parks and Recreations was around 2am last week.

They've also had Sons of Anarchy on around the same stupid time slots, with no advertising. I'm at the stage where I regularly check the week ahead on the RTE channels post midnight to see what's going to be on so I don't miss something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

any idea if and when season 2 of Person of Interest will be on RTE?

They've also had Sons of Anarchy on around the same stupid time slots, with no advertising. I'm at the stage where I regularly check the week ahead on the RTE channels post midnight to see what's going to be on so I don't miss something.

Didn't even know RTE showed SOA! The missus has a thing for Charlie Humman or whatever his name is, has since his Queer As Folk days so we have all 5 seasons on blu ray...unopened...waiting to get through all of the other stuff we bought before we start it.

any idea if and when season 2 of Person of Interest will be on RTE?

They're reshowing season 1 at the moment, just started last week.

RTE scheduling is ridiculous, Suits season 2 started last Friday at a quarter past 11. What the absolute ****?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I caught the first season on Bravo before the station closed down, and RTE have shown it up as far as season 4, as usual at an ungodly hour.

I found this thread when googling that I wasn't imagining the fact RTE showed it, it's full of the same complaints we have now and the thread is from 2009
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055757079

Anyway, they showed season 4 around this time last year so maybe season 5 will appear out of the blue one night.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    RTE scheduling is ridiculous, Suits season 2 started last Friday at a quarter past 11. What the absolute ****?

Dave have been shown it the over the last couple of weeks at 8pm I think it is, that's the channel I've been watching it on. Season 3 starts on Dave this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

RTE started out showing Parks and Rec at 8pm.

Nobody watched it, because the majority of people who wanted to see it had already found it elsewhere.

Dave have been shown it the over the last couple of weeks at 8pm I think it is, that's the channel I've been watching it on. Season 3 starts on Dave this Thursday.

Yep, I've been watching it on Dave, but my aunt doesn't have Sky. So it's her I'm thinking of, the only way she can record things is on vhs

Skid X wrote: »
    RTE started out showing Parks and Rec at 8pm.

Nobody watched it, because the majority of people who wanted to see it had already found it elsewhere.

I wanted to see it, but wasn't bothered about downloading it, which is neither here nor there anyway. What's the point in using licence fees to buy these programs and show them at stupid times.

I wanted to see it, but wasn't bothered about downloading it, which is neither here nor there anyway. What's the point in using licence fees to buy these programs and show them at stupid times.

Most people have recording devices. And RTE have probably already paid for the series in advance.

RTE can't win.

If they buy a series, then cancel it because no-one watches - people complain.

If they buy a series, then move it because no-one watches - people complain

If they don't buy a series - people complain

Series 1 of Borgen starts on Thursday at 11pm on TG4, repeated 11.50pm on Monday

Skid, I'm beginning to think in the scheduling department of RTE….:rolleyes:;)

Skid X wrote: »
    Most people have recording devices. And RTE have probably already paid for the series in advance.

RTE can't win.

If they buy a series, then cancel it because no-one watches - people complain.

If they buy a series, then move it because no-one watches - people complain

If they don't buy a series - people complain

Well, yes….and no.

I'd agree IF they gave these shows a fighting chance by showing them at decent times and having those time slots matching the demographics against which the shows perform well. Let's be honest here too, people who are on this thread are more knowledgeable about their tv than the general population so naturally will be aware of these shows and make an effort to watch them if they haven't seen them "elsewhere". If the general public aren't aware of a show, they're hardly going to stay up until 2am to watch Parks & Rec (for example) to see if it's something they could find amusing or interesting. Same with Damages. Same with Mad Men. Same with multitudes of other shows I could list. And not everyone has recording facilities either (I do, UPC, Saorview, Freeview and Freesat - I know!) so I think it's unfair to assume that the everyone has these facilities.

And yes I know they tried Season 4 (I think - pretty sure actually) of Damages at 10pm on a Friday but it was up against The Late Late so doomed to failure figures wise from the start - and that's not an endorsement of the quality of TLLS by the way, more a statement of the inertia of Irish viewers. Equally, you're hardly going to start watching a show at Season 4 if you've missed 1-3….partly though post midnight scheduling.

One thing I'm almost always amazed at is how little RTE promote new shows when they get them. Were I involved in programming and had secured the rights to show a new comedy etc., I'd place stings of the show with similar programs for weeks before the initial airing date to build anticipation and interest. Half the bloody shows I find on RTE I find by chance, the rest from this thread.

I genuinely wonder if RTE schedule shows at bonkers times in the hope they fail so they can then bail out of subsequent series or use it as a negotiating chip to drive down the pricing of subsequent series; or to say to the public "well we tried".

But no-one can tell me there isn't a bias towards domestically produced shows regardless of quality. I have one word to anyone who disputes this: Killinaskully.

Well, yes….and no.
    I'd agree IF they gave these shows a fighting chance by showing them at decent times and having those time slots matching the demographics against which the shows perform well.

Fair enough, but as I said above, RTE did schedule Parks and Rec at 8pm when they bought it first. It was moved later when it didn't get the ratings. I know not all of their imports get a chance in a decent timeslot.

I'm not trying to absolve RTE of all blame - some of their scheduling is very odd and some of their purchases look like they are trying to block TV3 from buying up new series. But with multichannel and Internet TV more prevalent nowadays, it is tougher for them to get decent numbers for imports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I hate RTE for this, I was watching rescue me on RTE when it started and I think it was on Friday night. It was on a 10:00 I could be wrong, as the series went on it was moved to different days and on at 11:45 and some times after 12:00. It was never advertised and I nearly missed the start of one of the series, I found it by chance. It was a very good program and I thought it was one of the best in the last few years. Sky one stopped showing it so rte had very little competition. E4 have advertise there programs, I only found out by change the new series of two broke girls start on RTE, Same with big bang missed it on rte so watching on E4. I don't like the comment "everyone will have seen it on sky Atlantic" what about the people without sky who have upc or saorview. I really hope RTE plus is allowed and it shows the programs after 12:00 at earlier times. But this is RTE so this will not happen.

Advertisement