Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 29th - drinks?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

That's it! We are all going to Zaytoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

A mate I aint seen in about 5 years is coming home so planning on having night out round this time so no Noc beers for meeee!

Have fun you guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ooh this is turning into a right little bash now...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    A mate I aint seen in about 5 years is coming home so planning on having night out round this time so no Noc beers for meeee!

Have fun you guys :)
    Or... you could just bring your friend out and have some Noc fun, if only for a lil bit :)

Maguined wrote: »
    That's it! We are all going to Zaytoon!
    Don't worry Rose, Maguined has the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I will lose my kebab cherry. :-O

• Advertisement

reallyrose wrote: »
    I will lose my kebab cherry. :-O

No better way than a chicken shish in Zaytoons! It's all about the marinated chicken. Nyom nyom.

Chicken donner kebab with chips with garlic sauce, anything else is heresy in my book, granted I like sweet delicious heresy but you have been forewarned!

Chicken donner kebab with chips with garlic sauce, anything else is heresy in my book, granted I like sweet delicious heresy but you have been forewarned!

Why have chicken donner when you can have chicken shish?! Mixed doner I could understand, but chicken is kinda like "yeah, I'll have the Skoda, even though that Merc is the same price"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Old school donner kebab is where it's at. Everything on it, regardless of what everything may encompass :D

I'm heading up for a new years thing in dublin, so i could probably take a couple days in advance for this. I'm pretty sure there's a subway open in kilkenny, think it's on high street now though. It moved a while back.

Gypsy rose sounds relevant to my interests. But then again, so do most establishments that offer to trade money for alcohol.

have to say I don't think I will ever eat a doner kebab. I mean... what is that even? don't answer... I don't want to know...

Ya thought I saw the subway a while ago where o briens used to be? not sure if it's there, but ya on the high street anyway. won't have time on the way up but will probably on the way back.

• Advertisement

You will have it and you will like it, oh yes it will be so, oh yes.

You will have it and you will like it, oh yes it will be so, oh yes.

you cant make me!

Actually yes I can. Time will prove me victorious.

scaredkitty.jpg

Screw you kitty, you can go choke on your emotional blackmail.

It's half three am, what food emporiums are still open at this stage?

Screw you kitty, you can go choke on your emotional blackmail.

It's half three am, what food emporiums are still open at this stage?

i'm sure you'll find one if you just start wandering.... dont get me thinking about food now :mad:

Okay what about now?

Stupid sister doesn't like kebab so no Zaytoon for me, wandered down to rays pizza but they were sold out of pizza apparently so wandered around the corner to the Harcourt diner for foodage.

There was probably supposed to be more to this story but it escapes my current mental faculties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Or... you could just bring your friend out and have some Noc fun, if only for a lil bit :)

Ahh my beloved Fewcifur!

I am up the top of the country far far away and you all are down near Dublin so it aint possible :(

Trust you to finally go to a beers I can't go too! :p

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Ahh my beloved Fewcifur!

I am up the top of the country far far away and you all are down near Dublin so it aint possible :(

Trust you to finally go to a beers I can't go too! :p

Oh well if distance is the issue then that's ok. I thought you were just choosing a different venue, like a rascal.
    Well, once I go to one beers I'll no doubt go to them all, so there's a good chance we'll one day beer at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

So what time is this happening? And where exactly is the gypsy rose? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Gypsy Rose is between O'Connell bridge and the hal'penny bridge on Aston quay, it's where the viper room used to be

http://www.yelp.ie/map/the-gypsy-rose-dublin

It's on the quays just outside templebar, it used to be called the voodoo lounge if you ever went there.

Not sure about times, I could probably be there by seven if some people are going early.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I can go in whenever, I don't live too far from town. I too will be looking to pop my kebab cherry! :pac:

For your first kebab i would recommend you stay away from the beef ones, they are nice but tend to be quite salty so many people are put off by it, the chicken donner or the chicken shish are excellent.

For people that are definitely going does anyone want to swap numbers by pm? the only alternative way of finding random unmet people before would be lame ass name tags, or if we agreed to all wear an identifiable and unique articles of clothing?

ya well i dont mind givin peeps my number but I'll be recognisable anyway... :cool:

You are tempting fate, you will end up sitting down the back and there will be some other girl with a cast sitting closer to the door so we all come in one by one and call her stupid, can you live with that on your conscience!

You are tempting fate, you will end up sitting down the back and there will be some other girl with a cast sitting closer to the door so we all come in one by one and call her stupid, can you live with that on your conscience!

yes

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Don't mind giving out my number either. Don't want to rely purely on nocs I already know being there as that could backfire horribly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Since I've met none of you I'll happily give my number out. I'll get round to PMing anyone who's receptive to getting a stranger's number as soon as I've fixed myself a drink :)

• Advertisement

I was kinda secretly hoping we would go with the all arrange to wear something identifiable approach. :o

Advertisement