Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 16 Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

THat's some momentum killer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

another fumble, whats going on with vick...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

oh FÚCK OFF, never mind

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did the vikings get that as that reminded me of the 'phins and the steelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

This is excellent. About time the Vikings reminded the rest of the NFL that despite their problems and hard luck stories, they are still a damn good team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Webb is a pain in the swiss to tackle...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Webb is a pain in the swiss to tackle...

And quick as hell.

I'm very impressed by him. I actually met a UAB student last year who claimed to be his best mate and swore he would start in the NFL one day. Obviously I thought there was no hope of that.

GET IN!!! Come on lads!

GET IN!!! Come on lads!

Never count this team out.

Oh god Akers, are you for real

• Advertisement

Andy and his f*cking defensive timeouts... McDermott is a clown.

well done eagles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Get in! :)

Joke! If McDermott isn't fired this off season it'll be a disgrace. Injuries or no injuries this defense has the guys to be a hell of a lot better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is beautiful. I can smell the bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Looks as though the best player on the field has settled it. Eagles are still a very explosive side and have the ability to beat anyone in the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Vikings finally performing!

Screens against the blitz... only took him the entire game to figure that out. Well done Andy.

What a dumb decision to punt. 4 minutes left in a 2 score game and you're going to give it back to the offense that had a 60 yard drive last possession?

Nice one Andy.

Shocking display from everyone involved with the Eagles today. We burn a timeout so can't challenge there.

Rest as many starters as possible next week. Kolb has to play anyway. Likely to be us against Green Bay and it's gonna be a tough one.

• Advertisement

I'd like to thank Joe Webb, Adrian Peterson and Les Frazier. Good looking out for your old team, Les! :).

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting this at all. Brilliant to have the 2nd seed wrapped up going into the final week. Just get Johnny Knox and Matt Forte to 1000 and then rest them up :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Shocking display from everyone involved with the Eagles today. We burn a timeout so can't challenge there.

Challenge what?

It was the correct decision.

This is just one of those games that reid inexplicably has coaching every now and then, he wastes timeouts, refuses to adapt and calls shítty plays for the whole match, while making horrible decisions on 4th down in a 2 score game (punt there, the field goals against chicago when trailing big is another example of this)

Enjoy probably playing the pack in the wildcard, they beat ye with vick in the linc already and could easily do it again if ye play that sloppily

Jesus Christ what a poor performance from EVERY side of the ball.

O line was crap and vick needs to stop taking the hits he is taken.
    Djax wasn't himself. How hard is it to realise that the SAME PLAYER is being used on a corner blitz and you need to adjust to stop that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

spiralism wrote: »
    This is just one of those games that reid inexplicably has coaching every now and then, he wastes timeouts, refuses to adapt and calls shítty plays for the whole match, while making horrible decisions on 4th down in a 2 score game (punt there, the field goals against chicago when trailing big is another example of this)

Enjoy probably playing the pack in the wildcard, they beat ye with vick in the linc already and could easily do it again if ye play that sloppily

The Eagles with Vick put some real hurting on the Packers in that game, though. It'd likely an exciting game, at the very least.

And I agree Py, from what I saw Webb was very boardline on that 3rd down. It definitely was worth a challenge if it had been an option given the amount of time it allowed the Vikings to run off by converting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus Christ what a poor performance from EVERY side of the ball.

O line was crap and vick needs to stop taking the hits he is taken.
    Djax wasn't himself. How hard is it to realise that the SAME PLAYER is being used on a corner blitz and you need to adjust to stop that ?

Ah come on, at least give some credit where it is due.

We outplayed you on all sides of the ball, wasn't that you put up a poor performance - we just put up a better one.

You couldn't contain AP, when it counted you couldn't pull down Webb, and our defense confused the crap out of you. On at least 2 of the sacks from Winfields blitzes they were disguised awesomely, only showing at the very last second before the snap.

Now why we havn't been able to do that all season, well thats why Childress was dumped. Here's hoping Lesley Frazier gets to keep the job next season.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Challenge what?

It was the correct decision.

Challenge the spot of the ball on the 3rd down conversion. It was short imo but it didn't matter cause Reid is a muppet.

Vikings deserved it 100%, they turned up and the Eagles didn't.

If he insists on playing Vick and Deshaun next week i'll hold my head in my hands.

In response to the last post, the blitzes were well disguised but at the same time you would expect a playoff caliber team with superbowl aspirations to adjust to the Vikings gameplan. We looked anything but a playoff team last night. Credit to the Vikings as they played very well and Joe Webb looked good but that doesn't and shouldn't hide the fact that the Eagles, from top to bottom, were Carolina level bad!!

Advertisement