Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 16 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I've already decided Clausen is a bust. He's a bum, he doesn't have the work ethic or the attitude to accept the buck stops with him. He's made some God awful passes even without any pressure in his face, but you do have a habit of blaming things on the O-line. I'm still waiting for Lawrence Maroney to be a star in Denver, what considering that according to you it was the Pats' O-line that made him look poor. Look at Matt Stafford last year. He was a rookie behind a hilariously bad offensive line, his numbers weren't monstrously dissimilar to Clausen yet everybody could tell the boy had potential just by watching them. If that's something you struggle with, then fair enough, but It's becoming more and more obvious why Clausen fell as low as he did. Even the second round pick for him is looking incredibly overpriced right now, he will be nothing more than one of the mid-to-better rated backup quarterbacks once he grasps a playbook, assuming he even does that, but the fact that he has not shown one ounce of potential this year goes against him.

Clausen's garbage. They'll draft Luck and he will look 10 times the player Clausen looks. He already does.
    I remember you telling us that Alex Smith was all that.

Everybody knew Stafford would make it. He was playing hurt a lot last year and the line he was playing behind wasn't nearly as bad as the one in Carolina right now. And it was bad.

Here are some stats for you from Football Outsiders regarding the Panthers offensive line.

Pass protection rank per position

Left end 31st
    Left tackle 24th
    Center 16th
    Right tackle 23rd
    Right end 5th

As you can see from those stats Clausen has no protection on his blind side at all. No QB has any chance of succeeding when things are that bad. Tell me how you explain Matt Moore having such a bad time too? He looked decent last year.

I don't know if you followed college football in 2009 but Clausen looked almost as good as Andrew Luck. He played in a pro-style offense too just like Luck. I still maintain that Clausen has to be given time behind a proper offensive line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eagle eye wrote: »
    I remember you telling us that Alex Smith was all that.

I remember you said he was a good pick in a mock draft this year too. Everybody gets one wrong now and then, not all of us have "I remember I said it at the start of the season..." ready to copy and paste every second post.

Clausen is a bum, its plain to see. You can pull any stat you want out of whatever orifice you please, but there's not a single thing he's done this season to impress me. Your penchant of bigging up mediocrity is once again coming to the fore.

I remember you said he was a good pick in a mock draft this year too. Everybody gets one wrong now and then, not all of us have "I remember I said it at the start of the season..." ready to copy and paste every second post.

Clausen is a bum, its plain to see. You can pull any stat you want out of whatever orifice you please, but there's not a single thing he's done this season to impress me. Your penchant of bigging up mediocrity is once again coming to the fore.
    Maybe in a couple of years when you have been following the game for a while you might understand a thing or two about offensive and defensive lines. Its quite clear from this conversation that you haven't a notion about them now anyways.

You see I can throw smart comments and insults too. Good luck I'm done with you!

Maybe in a couple of years when you have been following the game for a while you might understand a thing or two about offensive and defensive lines. Its quite clear from this conversation that you haven't a notion about them now anyways.

You see I can throw smart comments and insults too. Good luck I'm done with you!

Well it's clear I'll never know as much about offensive lines as you do. Your claims that Lawrence Maroney would have been much better had the Patriots had a better O-line were certainly from a unique perspective. That is to say, there isn't another person on the planet who could have come up with such shíte. Green-Ellis pretty much took a gigantic steaming dump on those pathetic claims. And you're well known for defending mediocrity, not just on this forum so I don't know why you'd take it so personally. Heck you've practically won an award for it on the soccer forum.

As for "Good luck I'm done with you!", I've seen you use that line so many times and yet you continue to keep posting, so I know you just can't help yourself. That insatiable desire of yours to get the last say and be king of the internet just gets the better of you each and every time. Go on, Im sure you'll reply again. That urge is rising, it's killing you.

Just so you know I put you on ignore so I didn't see your last post. You join one other person there. Thats all I have on ignore.

• Advertisement

As for "Good luck I'm done with you!", I've seen you use that line so many times and yet you continue to keep posting, so I know you just can't help yourself. That insatiable desire of yours to get the last say and be king of the internet just gets the better of you each and every time. Go on, Im sure you'll reply again. That urge is rising, it's killing you.
    Just so you know I put you on ignore so I didn't see your last post. You join one other person there. Thats all I have on ignore.

Should have put money on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I think Clausen 100% has the potential to be a top class NFL qb. The guy can make all the throws but something is clearly missing right now. I think he's become accustomed to losing and that needs to be coached out of him. I really wish he had gone to a stronger program than ND.

I do think people are underestimating that a 2nd round pick is still a very valuable pick to just throw away after a year. I could see the Panthers taking AJ Green with their 1st pick this year but if they do it shouldn't be the 1st overall. I can see the Bengals letting Palmer go this season (he's owed a BAJILLION dollars and has been muck this season) and Luck is an elite prospect and someone should be willing to give a ton to move up and i think for the Panthers that would be a better call.

on topic lump your dosh on the Vikings to cover the spread. The Eagles will put up a ton of points and turn off and the Vikes will come back. Mad numbers going on there.

And come on guys lets all be mates, it's christmas!! :) just think of Tom Terrifics hair!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Blows whistle and throws flag!
    A couple players are showing a bit of unsportsmanlike conduct on the field.
    Chill or suffer a 15-yard penalty!

time-out.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Pathetic stuff by Mike Jenkins. He is asking to be cut.

Cowboys hopeless. What else is new ? Blues Brothers on RTE. Im going to bed.

Merry Christmas to all, and the Cowgirls are ****e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

What a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

These meaningless games are epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Het-Field wrote: »
    Pathetic stuff by Mike Jenkins. He is asking to be cut.

Cowboys hopeless. What else is new ? Blues Brothers on RTE. Im going to bed.

Merry Christmas to all, and the Cowgirls are ****e :(
    One of the games of the year. A missed extra point by the Cowboys to put them up by 3 with about a minute on the clock. Cardinals go back up the field and on 4th and 15 Larry's Fitz makes his first catch of the night and Feely nails a 48yd field goal to win with 5sec left You should have waited up. A very good game to watch tonight, exciting stuff. This game had everything. McGhee looked like the hero for Dallas but credit the Cardinals rookie 1/4 back and Feely for standing up when it mattered. Buehler will be sick after missing the extra point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Buehler attempt was pathetic, great game though that should have gone to OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Heart-stopping final quarter, a real treat of a game. And a load more to come in about 12 hours, fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

great game last night, especially the last quarter, what a pass from mcgee for his 1st touchdown, buehlers incredible missed 1 pointer and then the cardinals to go up the field and win it with a field goal. as the commentator said at one point, ''you just couldnt make this stuff up'', how right he was.

That's David Buehler in a nutshell. He'll make a great 50+ yard field goal, and then miss an easy PAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

In spite of my first post on this thread, I remained up and watched the game to its conclusion. It was a humdinger to be sure.

Sadly, it is the stroy of the Cowboys season. Multiple touchdowns were given up to the opposing team, while handing over needless penalties. Finally, the mental preserve which the Cowboys lack was highlighted again. Skelton had been put under all sorts of pressure, and had one superb throw all night. Finally, he is allowed play his A game by the Dallas D.

Jason Garrett cannot be appointed as Head Coach. Too many points are handed over (at least 25 per opponant in his 7 games in charge).

Either way, it was a great game, and a thrill to watch !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Glad I stayed up to watch that game. Amazing. Really good viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I overdosed on chicken and turkey and fell asleep at HT. Poop. Was a lot better than anyone thought it would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Savage night of Football ahead, 2 games on Sky then over to Channel 4 for the Chargers-Bengals....:D

• Advertisement

ESPN reporting that Vikings-Eagles game possibly off till Tuesday now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was messing around on the computer till all hours last night but logged into Gamepass to watch the final quarter of the Cowboys Cardinals

Wow, one of the games of the year! Simply brilliant

Vikings - Eagles moved to Tuesday. Official.

No Channel 4 game tonight now.

Ragin that game is off now, thought it was the Chargers-Bengals but just realised its the Eagles-Vikings

Craaaap. I thought ''great, a chance to see an extra game'' and now I see it's the SNF game. Super.

And what's the betting on one last Favre comeback? Two extra days and unless he's failed concussion tests I can see him making a run for one last (first?) Tuesday Night Football appearence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pats-Bills game http://www.scorezone.info/p/chanel-i.html

Bills opening drive see s their running game make a lot headway. A close out of bounds call rules out a opening drive TD.

What do people think of Fitzpatrick? He's been solid this year just lacks any sort of reliable receiver to get the job done.

49ers down 0-7..:mad:

Stev_o wrote: »
    Pats-Bills game http://www.scorezone.info/p/chanel-i.html

Bills opening drive see s their running game make a lot headway. A close out of bounds call rules out a opening drive TD.

What do people think of Fitzpatrick? He's been solid this year just lacks any sort of reliable receiver to get the job done.

Eh? Steve Johnson has been having a real break-out year, he's the #7-ranked WR coming into this game! The passing attack isn't the biggest problem in Buffalo - if they could stop teams from putting up cricket scores on them they might actually be in some manner of contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Syferus wrote: »
    Eh? Steve Johnson has been having a real break out year, he's the #7-ranked WR coming into this game! The passing attack isn't the biggest problem in Buffalo - if they could stop teams from putting up cricket scores on them they might actually be in some manner of contention.

He'll always be remembered for dropping a sitter against the Steelers though and that's going to be what separates a elite WR from a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You don't see that many wildcat touchdowns but Browns just a 29 yd TD

Looked excellent, check out the highlight later

Advertisement