Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyliss big hair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

bluewolf wrote: »
    It's not hot oil, you just pump it from the bottle.
    It's 40 euro and I got mine in my hairdressers. The girls in the place all swear by it, so I think that's a good recommendation.
    You literally use a pea-size amount, rub your hands a bit then run them through your hair while it's still damp.
    You can use a tiny bit once it's dry as well to suppress frizzing - you have to make sure to really rub the pea-size amount into your hands first though.
    Hair does not look oily at ALL and smells yum!
    because it's very thick and you only use a tiny bit, it'll last a long time so it's expensive but lasts ages

Sorry Posy, I missed when you asked the question, bluewolf explained it all really there! It smells beautiful and it will last you for a long long time. I love it, haven't used it on dry hair although I got the moroccan oil glimmer shine spray for dry hair and I wasn't a fan of it at all, it made my hair feel very greasy but I don't think you can really go wrong with the normal oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cordelia2010

I have this and i love it but am having a serious problem trying to clean it! the hair has wrapped around the end and I think is slowing it down!!
    I cant find the instruction booklet on how to clean it!!
    Has anyone any ideas???
    :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I love it! I use it every morning and my hair stays big and bouncy all day long. When Im on long calls in the office, I tend to mess with my hair but it always bounces back into shape.

It took me a while to get it down pat - alot of hair pulled out through rolling too much on to it, but a few painful tugs in order to FINALLY have some sort of look that I actually bother with my hair is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I have this and i love it but am having a serious problem trying to clean it! the hair has wrapped around the end and I think is slowing it down!!
    I cant find the instruction booklet on how to clean it!!
    Has anyone any ideas???
    :(

Try getting a small-ish scissors and cutting the hair along one side, from top to bottom, then pulling it out as normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I have the instruction booklet at home. I will post what it says when I get home later.

• Advertisement

From the booklet

"CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
    - Unplug the appliance and let cool completely before cleaning it.
    - Use a damp cloth with a little soft detergent then dry carefully. Make sure the appliance is completely dry before using again.
    - The rear filter should be cleaned, using a soft brush, on a regular basis to help prevent the ingress of hair and other debris into the internal components and to prevent overheating in use.
    IMPORTANT! Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

After reading this thread i really want one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

After reading this whole thread tonight, have just ordered one from amazon and i had a gift card to use up :)

Here's to fab hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Shatzie

This thread is making me want one too. I'm useless at doing my hair.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

God, I REALLY want one now! Damn it guys!

• Advertisement

For the people who want it, have a look on ebay. There are some good prices there. I'd recommend it actually - anything that can tame my crazy curls is worth having.

From the booklet

"CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
    - Unplug the appliance and let cool completely before cleaning it.
    - Use a damp cloth with a little soft detergent then dry carefully. Make sure the appliance is completely dry before using again.
    - The rear filter should be cleaned, using a soft brush, on a regular basis to help prevent the ingress of hair and other debris into the internal components and to prevent overheating in use.
    IMPORTANT! Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid."

Thank you very much for doing that!!
    I was "this close" to actually going to a shop and ripping a new bx to find out!
    I really should be a little clearer though... is there any way of taking the bristle head off to clear the hair that has wrapped around the base?
    Im new to boards... sorry!!
    Ive just tried to upload a photoshopped picture of where it is im talking abouut!!
    Might not be visible!!
    Thank you very much for your help!

Thank you very much for doing that!!
    I was "this close" to actually going to a shop and ripping a new bx to find out!
    I really should be a little clearer though... is there any way of taking the bristle head off to clear the hair that has wrapped around the base?
    Im new to boards... sorry!!
    Ive just tried to upload a photoshopped picture of where it is im talking abouut!!
    Might not be visible!!
    Thank you very much for your help!

ARGH!! think it might be visible now!!

I know what you mean. The instructions for cleaning were very limited. What I posted was literally the whole cleaning instructions. A diagram would have been helpful. I had a similar thought - that it might detatch where your arrow is, but no luck yet and I don't want to force it. I'm just doing a bit of googling in the hope of finding the answer.:)

I know what you mean. The instructions for cleaning were very limited. What I posted was literally the whole cleaning instructions. A diagram would have been helpful. I had a similar thought - that it might detatch where your arrow is, but no luck yet and I don't want to force it. I'm just doing a bit of googling in the hope of finding the answer.:)
    OMG yeah!! dont want to break it!!
    I googled but could not find anything!! Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Hey, sorry for dragging up this thread, would like to know is this available cheaper anywhere in Dublin??
    Have seen it for 60 yo yo in argos. Dont want to buy off ebay as there are fakes there believe it or not!!

Hey, sorry for dragging up this thread, would like to know is this available cheaper anywhere in Dublin??
    Have seen it for 60 yo yo in argos. Dont want to buy off ebay as there are fakes there believe it or not!!

they all come in and around this price I believe. A friend of mine went looking for one on Ebay and they came in around the same price after P&P!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Oh god Ive been wanting this for months and got a €50 One4All voucher and have been debating all week to spend it on this or go into Mac.....

I think its fate this thread popped up today! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Anyone in Galway can get them for €49 in conboy electrical opposite mcswiggans pub :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Oh I would really like one of these! Maybe Santa will be good to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Agh! Was debating if i should get one but just back from hair dresser where i got all my hair chopped off instead!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got mine on Littlewoods' website. There's normally a 10% discount code floating about so you get it for about 54 instead of 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Around 46 euro including delivery from amazon. I want one too now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 beauty007

Is it still 49.95 in power city? I so wanna have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Yes, it's still €49.95 in Power City.
    If you can bear to look at the horror that is their website - here's the link!

I got one last March, have to say it is FANTASTIC!!!!

Speeds

Speedsie wrote: »
    Yes, it's still €49.95 in Power City.
    If you can bear to look at the horror that is their website - here's the link!

I got one last March, have to say it is FANTASTIC!!!!

Speeds

Thanks Speedsie, will have a look this week. Hope to have it soon :) Good to know yours in fine condition :) have fun with the styling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Does it make much of a difference on thick hair with a few kinks in it that never ever ever goes straight!!! Looking into getting one at christmas.

Closest pic I can find is this. But my hair is a hell of a lot thicker than hers

rb-brown-wavy-hair-30-0809-de.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

Got this last week as an early Xmas present to myself. Have to say I like the results but it does take a while to get used to, I didn't look at any tutorials before using it and it did basically eat up my hair after the first go. I found this tutorial very good...http://youtu.be/dilkavI5_Xo

I played it on my phone while trying to replicate what she was doing. I have similar hair to the girl in the video, but my layers on the crown of my head are a lot shorter so it will probably take a bit of practice to get the right effect. Great for my fringe though which always is a nightmare for me to style! My hair was also gone very limp from the GHD and this gives it more life!

beauty007 wrote: »
    Thanks Speedsie, will have a look this week. Hope to have it soon :) Good to know yours in fine condition :) have fun with the styling :)

I got it yesterday. Since I had seen a lot of videos before hand, it was much easier to implement. I must say my hair felt so lively. It is a bit tricky but sure I was able to get right results in my first use. I am so much in love with it :) I definitely did a right decision. And there is an offer going in argos for 50 bucks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I recently got my hair cut shorter into a slightly below shoulder length style.The Big Hair has really come into it's own since, I'm amazed I can get my hair to curl and flick after literally years of trying to achieve this with round brushes etc. It's fantastic!

I have one concern. I love Moroccon Oil and always used to use it before I blow dried my hair when it was longer. Is it safe to add this oil to your hair before using the Big Hair or will the direct contact with heat just fry your hair?
    Any experience of advice will be gratefully received.

Advertisement