Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyliss big hair

Options

Comments

Sorry to ask a silly question, but do you need to use a blow dryer with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gillsha

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a silly question, but do you need to use a blow dryer with this?

Yeah you need to dry your hair about 80% with dryer first and then finish with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Boyf works in an electronics store so has reserved one for me when they come in. Will let you guys know if they have any left when he's in work on Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

There were a couple left in Boots St Stephens Green yesterday...

All gone the next day, when I went in ~1pm (Thu)!

Gauge wrote: »
    ...back of my head...I normally pretend that whole area doesn't exist :p

:D That's my strategy too, except that I'm occasionally forced to acknowldge it when my hairdresser does the all-round-mirror job to display her handiwork after a cut...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Ladies, this sounds ideal for my hair (long, fuzzy, thick - but easily styled) but what are the benefits of this over the usual hairdryer and GHD combo?

Is it faster, easier on the hair or does it give a better result?

I'd be very tempted.....but I don't need anyother gizmo lounging in a drawer! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

CBFi wrote: »
    Ladies, this sounds ideal for my hair (long, fuzzy, thick - but easily styled) but what are the benefits of this over the usual hairdryer and GHD combo?

Is it faster, easier on the hair or does it give a better result?

I'd be very tempted.....but I don't need anyother gizmo lounging in a drawer! :rolleyes:

Loads of volume, very sleek and shiny swingy hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

would this be ok to use with clip in hair extensions?

i dont know weather to use it on them when the extensions are clipped in or out? and weather to wet the extensions or not?

or not to use them on the extensions at all ? but then they would be very flat compared to my nice bouncy real hair?

Pythia wrote: »
    Boyf works in an electronics store so has reserved one for me when they come in. Will let you guys know if they have any left when he's in work on Sat!

Still none in his store but I just ordered one on Littlewoods!

PlayGirl wrote: »
    would this be ok to use with clip in hair extensions?

i dont know weather to use it on them when the extensions are clipped in or out? and weather to wet the extensions or not?

or not to use them on the extensions at all ? but then they would be very flat compared to my nice bouncy real hair?

Playgirl they can be used on dry hair aswell so i'd say they would be fine to use on hair extensions afterwards when they were dry rather than wet, how long is your natural hair and how long are the extensions?

I haven't worn my clips ins in ages but my own hair is really long so I could just get away with doing the very ends of the clip in or using hot rollers on the ends.

• Advertisement

cc-offe wrote: »
    Playgirl they can be used on dry hair aswell so i'd say they would be fine to use on hair extensions afterwards when they were dry rather than wet, how long is your natural hair and how long are the extensions?

I haven't worn my clips ins in ages but my own hair is really long so I could just get away with doing the very ends of the clip in or using hot rollers on the ends.

My own hair is only 2-3 inches shorter then my extensions (18")..
    I've already normally dried and straightened my hair, so il put in the extensions and see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Currys have them for 49.99.

PlayGirl wrote: »
    My own hair is only 2-3 inches shorter then my extensions (18")..
    I've already normally dried and straightened my hair, so il put in the extensions and see how it goes!

Cool let me know how u get on because my own hair is halfway down my back but I used to wear the extensions for fullness at the back because I tend to wear my hair more forward then tucked back if you know what i mean.

Wantobe wrote: »
    Currys have them for 49.99.
    :eek:
    I was just about to post that I got one yesterday in Power City, Sallynoggin, when I saw this. I paid 59.95, and even then I had to jump through hoops: although I rang ahead to ask if there were any in stock and was assured that there were, when I got there the shelf was bare, the wrong price was quoted (64.95, reduced from 69.95, I think), and the assistant I asked on the floor said there were were definitely none left. He said I could ask at Customer Services, where it was established that they did indeed have some (41?) and the price was 59.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Clements

Was there 41 of them left in sallynoggin?

Clements wrote: »
    Was there 41 of them left in sallynoggin?

I think that's what the customer care person read from their computer.
    (Can't help feeling a bit ripped off if they're selling for 10euro less in curry's, though...:mad:)

Thanks for that! Anyone know if they have these in carrickmines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Doooo

Thanks for that! Anyone know if they have these in carrickmines?

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=50-04-2775U

28 left in Carrigmines apparently.

You can pay and reserve it online with Power City, and then go and pick it up.
    39 left in Tallaght, 37 in Fonthill, 35 in Bray etc. The website lists how many each shop has left.

Doooo wrote: »
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=50-04-2775U

28 left in Carrigmines apparently.

You can pay and reserve it online with Power City, and then go and pick it up.
    39 left in Tallaght, 37 in Fonthill, 35 in Bray etc. The website lists how many each shop has left.

28 left in Sallynoggin (no Power City in Carrickmines)
    But thanks for the link – I usually check online first, but had forgot to do so for Power City. I had no idea that they have such a detailed website! Gives me hope for the tech capabilities of the Irish retail sector – other suppliers take note!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EVAG

I was tired of searching everywere so i ordered today from littlewoods,hopefully i will get it soon,can't wait :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for those links and information going to get one in powercity tomorrow:) btw nomdeboardie they are completely sold out in currys all around Ireland and uk so you weren't really ripped off

Thanks for those links and information going to get one in powercity tomorrow:) btw nomdeboardie they are completely sold out in currys all around Ireland and uk so you weren't really ripped off

:cool: That makes me feel better :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I got one in Currys, Limerick on Saturday, and there were 4 left on the shelf. At 49.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 086dubdublin

Just ordered one from Littlewoods, 59.99 but used the O2 treats and got a 10% discount so I didnt mind so much!!

Cant wait to get it now!!

But was looking at the other tread about littlewoods and its bad delivery etc eek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Guys I just bought one of these and mine is 700 watt? Is it not meant to be 800 watt? Will there be a huge difference in performance?

Just ordered one from Littlewoods, 59.99 but used the O2 treats and got a 10% discount so I didnt mind so much!!

But was looking at the other tread about littlewoods and its bad delivery etc eek!!

Ordered my thing from Littlewoods and it came on Wed with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Pythia wrote: »
    Ordered my thing from Littlewoods and it came on Wed with no problems.

Pythia is yours 700 or 800 watt out of interest? Reaaally wanna try mine but don't want it to end up being the wrong one!

Pythia is yours 700 or 800 watt out of interest? Reaaally wanna try mine but don't want it to end up being the wrong one!

mines 700W

700W. The babyliss website says it's 700w also. http://www.babyliss.co.uk/stylers_2775u.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I ordered mine a few days ago from littlewoods with a 10%, it left England that day, got to Dublin and then the delivery company was messing for days. The couriers are appalling, absolutely no communication at all, and no notification from littlewoods about any problems. So I've told the delivery company to return it, and I'll go to power city tomorrow!! So much for easy online shopping, this was my first and last littlewoods shopping experience...

Advertisement