Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babyliss big hair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 1holly1

I got one of these before christmas and really like it too. Only problem is since the second time I used it, it only revolves slowly and kind of jerkily if that makes sense. This means that there is no real pressure in it and I have to hold it and pull it to get it to be effective. It doesn't eat up the hair if you get me. Am I doing something wrong or is it faulty? Also it revolves fast if there is no hair on it but not when in my hair. My hair is quite fine so can't understand what the problem is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

1holly1 wrote: »
    I got one of these before christmas and really like it too. Only problem is since the second time I used it, it only revolves slowly and kind of jerkily if that makes sense. This means that there is no real pressure in it and I have to hold it and pull it to get it to be effective. It doesn't eat up the hair if you get me. Am I doing something wrong or is it faulty? Also it revolves fast if there is no hair on it but not when in my hair. My hair is quite fine so can't understand what the problem is!

Maybe try taking up less hair at a time? ie, smaller sections? might help..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 1holly1

Must try that. If it doesn't work might just bring it back. Would argos take it back I wonder? Really want it working properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Must try that. If it doesn't work might just bring it back. Would argos take it back I wonder? Really want it working properly!
    Usually there is a month at least you can bring back faulty item, ring them up if you're in doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think personal items are excluded from 'change of mind' I wouldn't be to happy to find my new purchase had been used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

It it's faulty you're entitled to a refund/repair/replacement. Argos are apparently quite good with that too. I'd definitely take it back and ask for another one, it sounds fecked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 EVAG

Where could i get one??It seems to be sold out EVERYWERE!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

EVAG wrote: »

Ring around to all the small pharmacies near you, they often stock all the new hair appliances but people never think to ask them, do you have a shaws, d.i.d , debenhams or anything near you? A lot of them will have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Saw them in Boots Jervis last weekend. They had 2 or 3.

cc-offe wrote: »
    Ring around to all the small pharmacies near you, they often stock all the new hair appliances but people never think to ask them, do you have a shaws, d.i.d , debenhams or anything near you? A lot of them will have them!

Yea,but shaws and d.i.d. are in Dublin,i am in Cork,but thanks for that,we have debenhams,i will try there!

• Advertisement

lainey316 wrote: »
    Saw them in Boots Jervis last weekend. They had 2 or 3.

Yes in Dublin,but i am in Cork,but anyway i try around..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

EVAG I've been unable to find one in Cork also! Been looking since before Christmas. I neeeeeed it:D

filo87 wrote: »
    EVAG I've been unable to find one in Cork also! Been looking since before Christmas. I neeeeeed it:D

The same,i am trying since Christmas and nothing!well we have to wait for a while i'd say:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Grabbed the last one in Boots Rathmines today! Looking forward to trying it out but I can tell I'm going to need practice :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

This defo sounds like it's worth a go, would like to hear a few more comments from people who have bought it though!

Right, I gave it a go for the first time tonight!

Initital verdict: Oh crap I've wasted my money on a mad hair mangling device OH GOD!

Yeah, it takes a few minutes of getting used to :) I normally blowdry and style my hair with a roundy brush and I wasn't quite sure what to make of this thing. First I sectioned it into areas that were too thin, then I didn't move the brush enough and it just kept winding up my hair against my head and making me panic! But then I got the knack down after watching some youtube tutorials and I have to say this thing is great.

My hair is shinier and has way less flyaways than it does when I blowdry it. I can actually do the back of my head with it, I normally pretend that whole area doesn't exist :p I have a cowlick and a side-swept fringe that's normally a pain in the arse but this styles it like a charm. My hair is layered but I haven't really seen the layers since I left the hairdresser, now I have them back! And of course there's way more volume and lift. I'm well happy with it!

I do however need to start avoiding F&A because I'd never even HEARD of this yoke til I spotted the thread last week. Now my wallet is sad but at least my hair is happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

gosh I think I might get this with all these rave reviews :eek:

Yea,but shaws and d.i.d. are in Dublin,i am in Cork,but thanks for that,we have debenhams,i will try there!

I'm not in Dublin and I have shaws and D.I.D here, i'm not one of those people who presumes everyone on here lives in Dublin, I was just trying to think of the shops near me that have a few stores in Ireland :)

Try Hickeys pharmacy in Cork, I got mine in another branch of that and they were 25% off!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What exactly is this? Is it just a revolving brush? :confused:

Posy wrote: »
    What exactly is this? Is it just a revolving brush? :confused:

It's a revolving brush but hot air comes out so it dries your hair too.

You know the way in a hair salon when you're getting a blow dry and the stylist kind of spins the brush around while they're drying your hair? Well it's supposed to recreate that and it does :)

Also because of the style of the bristles it makes your hair really shiny like a blow dry.

You can also flick all your hair in or out and create loads of volume at the roots with it, it kind of acts like hot rollers if you hold it in place at the ends or at the roots.

If you have layers it gives you loads of definition.

I love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

For those of you not in Dublin or who are in cities around the country where the shops don't seem to stock it.
    I bought mine online from House of Fraser, but it doesn't seem to have it in stock anymore, however, Amazon does.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003N7NIKQ/ref=nosim/?tag=2775u-21

I would stay away from Amazon for now unless you're really desperate for it, it's only available from 2 Marketplace sellers, one of which won't ship to Ireland, the other charges £31 shipping which means it's almost double the most expensive price here (Yeah, I tried Amazon for it before checking shops and was very disappointed!)

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Gauge wrote: »
    I would stay away from Amazon for now unless you're really desperate for it, it's only available from 2 Marketplace sellers, one of which won't ship to Ireland, the other charges £31 shipping which means it's almost double the most expensive price here (Yeah, I tried Amazon for it before checking shops and was very disappointed!)

Really? Jesus that's bad, I just copied the link from the babyliss website, I know there is a Babyliss store on amazon, I assumed that link was going there!!

Someone upthread mentioned getting it on Amazon.co.uk for £35 so I reckon they did have it in stock at one stage. Definitely worth keeping an eye on the link as £35 with the free Super Saver shipping would be a decent price! I was too impatient for that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 086dubdublin

Where is it available in Dublin had anyone seen it??

Have tried all the Boots stores with no luck:confused:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Gauge wrote: »
    Someone upthread mentioned getting it on Amazon.co.uk for £35 so I reckon they did have it in stock at one stage. Definitely worth keeping an eye on the link as £35 with the free Super Saver shipping would be a decent price! I was too impatient for that...

Yea, that was for £35 from Amazon but was delivered to the UK.

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY I CAN GET IT IN CORK AT THE MOMENT???I searched all chemists,shops,etc. really i can't find any!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I ordered one from Amazon today? £41 I think, came in at €51 with free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 FoxyChickNic

Howdy folks Littlewoods have this bad boy for the princely sum of 59 of your very good euros
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/babyliss-big-hair-hot-air-brush-2775u/750788052.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fbabyliss+hair&prdToken=/p/prod6292188-sku10091910
    Takes about 2 weeks though - can't win em all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dreamgirl18

There were a couple left in Boots St Stephens Green yesterday...

Advertisement