Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What style do you like on your Man?

Options
13»

Comments

Would women be happy with a guy's dress sense, even if it wasn't the style they liked, or would they try and change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Would women be happy with a guy's dress sense, even if it wasn't the style they liked, or would they try and change it?

Majority of women would be happy with his dress sense,but i am been honest if hanging jeans off ass,i would never have dated him in first place.So no changing of style of clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

The teenage guys I see with the jeans a good several inches below their jocks, not just a glimpse of underwear but the actual ass meat is out and above the jeans drives me crazy.

It seems to be fairly common as well, are there any women that do like this style? Normally I am a big believer in different strokes for different folks and I will readily admit I have no sense of fashion or style myself but this one thing is my kryptonite and I can't stand it as the guys have to continuously adjust their jeans every couple of minutes to make sure it doesn't fall down but is still having their ass hanging out so cannot honestly understand why they would do it, and if any woman would actually appreciate this style?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

No, I wouldn't try and change the way a b/f dresses, but that is also somewhat due to the fact that I wouldn't get with people whose dress sense I would feel is off/unattractive/I don't like. Is that shallow? :o

I figure that there has to be a connection between personality and dressing, so on the whole I don't think I am being shallow.

All that said, it is very easy to satisfy my estethic appetite! (In one way of looking at it, anyway). Because I like nothing better than completely pared down, extremely casual. No buttons in sight kind of thing. T-shirt, jeans or combats, hoodie/sweater if needed. A shirt would be pushing it, a polo-shirt is yuck! Obviously, the more formally attired the guy, the more bored I will be. Etc, etc.

Known a few men who go about changing something about their g/fs, be it clothes or hairstyles. It is such a turn-off, so disrespectful. When you fall for someone, it should be wholeheartedly, not pick-and-mix of "this I like, that we'll improve on now". Otherwise why bother? (Control-freakery, that's why...)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I was going to say no, not at all then I read this..
    seenitall wrote: »
    No, I wouldn't try and change the way a b/f dresses, but that is also somewhat due to the fact that I wouldn't get with people whose dress sense I would feel is off/unattractive/I don't like. Is that shallow? :o

I think this is more the case. Looking back at all the guys I've been with, they've all had a nice dress sense (well to me anyway) and I guess that's part of the attraction too. I mean, when I was 16 I loved guys who looked like Kurt Cobain, now I wouldn't go near someone who looked like that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

This is like me. I'm never goin to change for anyone, my GF loves me anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

seenitall wrote: »
    Known a few men who go about changing something about their g/fs, be it clothes or hairstyles. It is such a turn-off, so disrespectful. When you fall for someone, it should be wholeheartedly, not pick-and-mix of "this I like, that we'll improve on now". Otherwise why bother? (Control-freakery, that's why...)

Yeah, I'd an ex who always wanted me to wear really short dresses and "put that black stuff around your eyes". Basically wanted me to look like a tramp when going out. :rolleyes:

Never did it though.

Advertisement