Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What style do you like on your Man?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Grey camo or black combats, army boots/ vans, army shirt or hoodie, rock/metal band logo or retro video game t-shirt. I love a soft cotton t-shirt - lovely to hug.

Luckily my fiancé dresses like this. Yummy.

PS. Is that dude in JLS wearing a cardigan?! Bahahahah!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah cardigans, wtf? I'm not 70! christ my dad is in his early 60s and refuses to wear cardigans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Couldn't care less tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Not too fussy, as long as its not hideous.

And especially, not scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I don't mind as long as said man is capable of doing his own clothes shopping, washing and ironing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not too fussy, as long as its not hideous.

And especially, not scumbag!

scumbags have ruined tracksuits for everyone, I wear one out jogging, well the bottoms anyway, and a tshirt or a hoody. I'd love one of the classic 3 stripe black adidas pants, the proper retro ones, but nooooo, cos you'll look like one of the rubberbandtis :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

krudler wrote: »
    scumbags have ruined tracksuits for everyone, I wear one out jogging, well the bottoms anyway, and a tshirt or a hoody. I'd love one of the classic 3 stripe black adidas pants, the proper retro ones, but nooooo, cos you'll look like one of the rubberbandtis :pac:

Well as long as they're not tucked into your socks, and you don't have a chain and a diamond earring and some weird half mullet half shaved thing going on on top, I think you'll be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Just jeans and a graphic tee. Pair of Converse or Vans. Not really bothered, so long as it suits them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

mollybird wrote: »
    me ive always loved the suit thing and since my OH doesn't wear them that often it is fab on him.

+1 to that. A well-cut suit is a serious aphrodisiac for me. I've lost count of the amount of guys I know who I've not really noticed until one day I see them suited and booted and BAM, naughty thoughts :D

I'm like a kid at a candy store at work functions :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

While I can appreciate certain styles on men, I wouldn't want to change the way my fella dresses. It makes him him! He just does the usual jeans, cons, t-shirts or shirts. Except when he's at work, and he wears these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcrgmceWWPVY_5Jrpt5UDYH0qwFrf3r-fg-iwxJxvDSpZ_nWXS

Which I love!!!

One thing I don't like is tracky legs. Unless you are lounging around the house or going to the gym, I hate them. Urgh.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

What I don't like on men is this new phenomeon called "he-vage", all these seriously low cut tops or leaving their shirts open to the third/fourth button. Jude Law/those gombeens in JLS are prime examples. Reminds of some 70's cheesy movie, all they're missing is the gold medallion. Gak.

maple wrote: »
    What I don't like on men is this new phenomeon called "he-vage", all these seriously low cut tops or leaving their shirts open to the third/fourth button. Jude Law/those gombeens in JLS are prime examples. Reminds of some 70's cheesy movie, all they're missing is the gold medallion. Gak.

Wouldn't dream of going out dressed like that, would feel like a prime target to be set upon by a load of skangers. Wouldn't feel at all comfy, can't understand how any chap would feel anyway confident dressed like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

caseyann wrote: »
    I was hoping that dirty hangy jeans effect had not fried the brains of all the young people in the country :D sigh of relief :p
    I could imagine liking that when i was a teen what you said now :)

well i'm 30, so does that make me bad? lol

i have to say, shirtless (if nice chest) with snickers trousers and work boots is win also...... :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

e6qtw5wpakhj6etk.jpg

973371_loooook.jpg?1292534558

Neat and a bit of class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

maple wrote: »

ROTTEN, Simon Cowel seriously needs to button up a button or two more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Scruffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

River Island!!

Nice jeans (not that dodgy blue blue), cons or vans, nice t shirt or hoodie, lil bit of stubble, spikey dark hair :) mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

nice jeans, tshirt or shirt, with either a nice hoody or jacket....cons, vans or decent trainers

Not a fan of trackies but Canterburys are forgivable :P

1 thing I HATE and Im not sure why but men wearing scarves... I know theyre probably cold and all but it jus instantly puts me off someone.
    Also hate cardigans, yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

Crusty, grungey, punky guys are great. Usually interesting clothes, unusual tshirts that'll say alot about their personality (e.g. bands they like, causes they believe in, stuff they think is funny).

Not to mention the hopeful inclusion of tartan and bondage themes. Also love the punk tendency to now throw things out and instead sew/safety pin them back together, with the addition of patches - quite a lifestory to be told looking at some people's clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Twee. wrote: »
    e6qtw5wpakhj6etk.jpg

973371_loooook.jpg?1292534558

Neat and a bit of class :)

If this was a competition to find the biggest tossers you'd have got my award. N.O. Rather wear fleckie tracksuits (i.e. Leopard) than that muck. And yes, its the image I'm talking about. ugh.

boot cut jeans:

levis-jeans-527-low-rise-boot-cut-2117149

Runners/sneakers/whatever:

Nike-Zoom-6.0-Oncore-Mens-Shoe-Dark-Shadow-Anthracite-Black-Cool-Mint.jpg

Hoody:

fenchurch-ladies-fenchurch-devil-f-zip-hoody-grey-marl.jpg

t-shirt:

retro_circle_design_t-shirt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hmm lets see, short hair, cant stand long hair on a man, nice jeans, tshirt/hoody and runners or shoes. never liked beards till i met my oh and its kinda growing on me now(excuse the pun).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Nulty wrote: »
    If this was a competition to find the biggest tossers you'd have got my award. N.O. Rather wear fleckie tracksuits (i.e. Leopard) than that muck. And yes, its the image I'm talking about. ugh.

Well I would say the same for your choices :) Different strokes and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I happen to really like the clothes on the guys Twee posted. People have different opinions, you know. Was it really necessary to be so rude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭PopUp

I love that polished preppy look too Twee! J.Crew is great for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Although i find it not attractive for me i think at least they wear belts, and might encourage less scruffy hanging pants out of teenagers and those in twenties.Guys it is ugly pull them up and put on a belt.
    And girls tuck it in and wear whats right because hanging tummies and poking out boobs not attractive either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

boot cut jeans:

levis-jeans-527-low-rise-boot-cut-2117149

Runners/sneakers/whatever:

Nike-Zoom-6.0-Oncore-Mens-Shoe-Dark-Shadow-Anthracite-Black-Cool-Mint.jpg

Hoody:

fenchurch-ladies-fenchurch-devil-f-zip-hoody-grey-marl.jpg

t-shirt:

retro_circle_design_t-shirt.jpg

Bootcut jeans? BOOTCUT JEANS?!! Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

The chiseled look or that just out of bed look, a little scruffy, not that baby look but sometimes its ok depends! lol. Top (shirt or t-shirt), hoodie, nice pair of jeans do nicely! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Leather Jacket and jeans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I really like the images Twee posted, smart but not too overdone. I'm sucker for a nice coat on a guy. Tracksuits are a no-no with me unless its for chillin at home or gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Twee. wrote: »
    Well I would say the same for your choices :) Different strokes and all that.
    Novella wrote: »
    I happen to really like the clothes on the guys Twee posted. People have different opinions, you know. Was it really necessary to be so rude?

Yeah, sorry, that was pretty aggressive. I take it back :o

Advertisement