Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have to work xmas day?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't work at Xmas since I changed my career path 2 years ago. But since I'm now thinking of moving back to Healthcare, this luxury probably won't continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Working 8-8 (days) on the 24th, 25th and 26th.

But I don't mind... after all I have a cushy, secure pensionable job in the Civil Service. Overpaid and underworked as well so I should really be happy..

Wait for it....

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Working 8-8 (days) on the 24th, 25th and 26th.

But I don't mind... after all I have a cushy, secure pensionable job in the Civil Service. Overpaid and underworked as well so I should really be happy..
    /QUOTE]

indeed you should ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

yep im a paramedic working 23rd, 24th, 25th and the 1st nights and a few days in between! :(

Ah well has to be done... people get sick at christmas too unfortunately.....

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

murf313 wrote: »
    yep im a paramedic working 23rd, 24th, 25th and the 1st nights and a few days in between! :(

Ah well has to be done... people get sick at christmas too unfortunately.....

Fair play ;) I hope you get a few days holidays out of it and you can spend some time with family and friends before the end of the year :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'm working into Christmas day.
    Ughhhhh

Still, 8 hours at triple time.
    S'not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

yep, 25th and 26th.
    (paramedic)
    at least i won't have to see my mother in law. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

42160798 wrote: »
    anyone have to work christmas day?

i work in a hotel and the night club is open xmas nite!...officially the 26th...absolutely disgusted..means i cant have a drink for me dinner :mad:

Why? Do you get breathalised in work? What exactly do you do there that would be affected by a drink in your system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

i'd give my left bollok to have a job right now :(

i'd be ecstatic to work christmas day

Join the priesthood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I used to work every Christmas day in a hotel, and seeing as Christmas is crap anyway I loved it. €250 for 4 hours work and a free dinner. Id work it again if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

johnn wrote: »
    As I said in the fast-food thread, I still respect this man more than someone on the dole.

So you have no respect for people who were made unemployed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

So you have no respect for people who were made unemployed?

I don't know if that guy is a troll or what but unfortunately I think this is the attitude of many people out there.

i wonder how many recently unemployed people have killed themselves because of their circumstances, it sure as hell isn't helped by people making us feel ashamed of having to collect the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭CharlesHaughey

No, I am going to be at home. Going to receive many gifts and play many cracker games.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Dad's working all Christmas day gritting :(.

Working Christmas eve and the 26th myself, but thankfully not working Christmas day, managed to wiggle my way out of it and will have my phone turned off just in case :D.

Working as a Santa on Christmas eve.....honestly who the f*ck brings their kids to see Santa on Christmas eve???? Go home people!! I hate your kids!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

testicle wrote: »
    Join the priesthood.

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I've worked several Christmas Day's with the oul fella. He has a few drinks I do the driving. It's not so bad. To be honest Christmas Day is a pretty long day all being said and done.

Once I get the melge of turkey I'm happy out, whether I have to work before it or after it is irrelevant.

Every farmer in the country works Christmas Day. The nightclub thing is a bit rich, I'll give you that. They'll make enough money over the festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

KonFusion wrote: »
    Go home people!! I hate your kids!!!

Ha no offence, but you don't sound like you would be a great santa!

I wouldn't be able to work on Christmas. That said, you've got to love that you get about three times your pay on Christmas day. It would be good if a group of your friends all worked Christmas and then had an alternative Christmas the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

KonFusion wrote: »
    Dad's working all Christmas day gritting :(.

Working Christmas eve and the 26th myself, but thankfully not working Christmas day, managed to wiggle my way out of it and will have my phone turned off just in case :D.

Working as a Santa on Christmas eve.....honestly who the f*ck brings their kids to see Santa on Christmas eve???? Go home people!! I hate your kids!!!
    should just have told them santa needs to go back to the north pole :confused: Can you even bring kids to santa on the 24th/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm working...

You can all Relax. I'm on the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

johnn banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

When your unemployed xmas day..........is actually pretty meaningful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Do you not think these people deserve to be at home with their families too :rolleyes:

The OP is a only a barman anyway there's no need to compare him to emergency services ffs.
    Working Xmas Eve, Stephans Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

IF i had the choice , I'd rather work than cook the crimbo dinner ......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Nope thank god!

I don't think anyone should have to work on Christmas! I think it's the one day you should be allowed spend doing whatever you want.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    Nope thank god!

I don't think anyone should have to work on Christmas! I think it's the one day you should be allowed spend doing whatever you want.

So what happens when you've a heart attack?

"Sorry, Its Christmas!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

ColHol wrote: »

What's your problem?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I saved up my holidays so no. Off last friday until 4th jan

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

What's your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

What's your problem?

YOU !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

bluewolf wrote: »
    I saved up my holidays so no. Off last friday until 4th jan

:rolleyes: So you came on here to rub it in all these peoples faces'?? ;)

Advertisement