Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have to work xmas day?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

johnn wrote: »
    What would I have to be bitter about :confused: I am off X-mas day. Some people need to think their posts through, I am trying to have an intelligent discussion here :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The above is yours for Christmas. You seem to love them so much I thought I'd give you an early present :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What would I have to be bitter about :confused: I am off X-mas day. Some people need to think their posts through, I am trying to have an intelligent discussion here :rolleyes:

and failing spectacularly, bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

krudler wrote: »
    and failing spectacularly, bravo.

Are you going to contribute something then? All of your posts thus far have been purely carrying out a personal agenda against me :rolleyes: A lot of bitterness and ignorance in this thread ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You should be grateful you have a Job OP :rolleyes: there are people on the dole out there starving with kids to buy presents for that don't need to read about your ignorant attitude. :rolleyes:

This is a pathetic attempt to make the OP feel bad for having a job. As I said some people like to spend time with family.
    The OP is a only a barman anyway there's no need to compare him to emergency services ffs.

This belittles the OP's occupation. I know it is made in comparison to an essential service for society but you didn't have to belittle him.

For bitterness see above.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Are you going to contribute something then? All of your posts thus far have been purely carrying out a personal agenda against me :rolleyes: A lot of bitterness and ignorance in this thread ATM

stop posting here then !!!!!!!

• Advertisement

All of it coming from you tbf

Never mind, I had a quick look at some of johnn's other posts, he's clearly a troll, stupid us for falling for it.

edit: I almost forgot

:rolleyes:

I still don't understand what I am supposedly bitter about here :confused: I think it is all of you that have to work on x-mas day whilst I am tucking into my Turkey & Ham that are bitter. :rolleyes: You should be thankful you aren't on the dole because with your attitudes to work and others I would guess that you all might soon be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I still don't understand what I am supposedly bitter about here :confused: I think it is all of you that have to work on x-mas day whilst I am tucking into my Turkey & Ham that are bitter. :rolleyes: You should be thankful you aren't on the dole because with your attitudes to work and others I would guess that you all might soon be.

Ah jaysus johnn would you not just forget about it?
    Well done to you, you get to stay at home Christmas day but others are not that lucky. And anyone who has a job is grateful for it but we wouldn't be human if we didn't give out about it at times. And anyone giving out about working Christmas day is well entitled to bitch as much as they want in my opinion.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Seriously, are you for real?

• Advertisement

Seriously, are you for real?

over 1300 posts for a troll is pretty impressive, gotta give him that

I will say two more things before allowing people to carry on giving out yards about their work.

I ain't bitter. I ain't a Troll.

Good night gents,

John n. Tinington

I will say two more things before allowing people to carry on giving out yards about their work.

Good night gents,

John n. Tinington

Thats three things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Good night gents,

John n. Tinington

Wait you missed a :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

working 7pm - 7am on the 23rd, 24th and 25th

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

johnn banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

johnn banned.

Ah bring him back, he was great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

To all of you moaning about working Christmas day, get a bloody better job then!

Whinging twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

No I don't have to work Christmas day, I'm giving myself the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

When I was younger (late teens early 20's) I used to work every Christmas day in a local hotel where there were residents that needed to be fed plus Christmas lunch for the public
    Got triple pay for my trouble
    As much turkey & pudding as I could handle
    Plus a nice drop of vino when the guests had been fed and the staff got to sit around eating & drinking ;)
    It was great craic I really enjoyed it
    (of course I was also escaping from my mother who goes into super hyper mode every christmas day) :D

Now that I'm married with kids I would HATE to miss Christmas morning at home
    BUT if I had a job believe me I'd do it any job is better than none! :(
    Hubby is working Christmas day 6-2 so he'll miss the mad dash to open the pressies around 8am when our 9 year old wakes up but at least I have him home for the evening

Lots of people have to work for Christmas its unfortunate but most of them get extra pay for the inconvenience so my sympathy is limited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

Urge to kill... rising...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭LowOdour

irishejit wrote: »
    working 7pm - 7am on the 23rd, 24th and 25th

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

arse...
    Is that private sector? If so, ouch! I once had to work long shifts xmas eve and day, its tough going so my sympathys to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Off the 21st of december and not back till the 7th of january, but i dont mind im just happy to have a job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Being a mother I have to work 365 days year so boo hoo to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Dont you mean you have 365 days off a year while you sit and watch Jeremy Kyle all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

LowOdour wrote: »
    Is that private sector? If so, ouch! I once had to work long shifts xmas eve and day, its tough going so my sympathys to everyone

Yeah, it is indeed. Our companies just laid off 20 people so you can't even complain for fear of getting the boot next.
    fat__tony wrote: »
    To all of you moaning about working Christmas day, get a bloody better job then!

Whinging twats.

Yup, thats right, the country is full of jobs that you can just waltz into and instantly change your working conditions.

What a ridiculous comment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Dont you mean you have 365 days off a year while you sit and watch Jeremy Kyle all day?

:mad:

oh jesus christ!

fat__tony wrote: »

Whinging twats.

What does your job quality have to do with the fact you're working christmas day? do firemen have a crap job? doctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What the hell is wrong with ye people.

Play nice, it's Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭northern lights

Jeez, this thread has fairly turned :(

I answered the question which was asked by the OP, and yes I stand by my sentiments! I'm only human and have never spent a christmas day with my husband as have worked christmas the last 5 years in a row, so leaving all the 'I should be grateful to have a job etc etc' bit aside, yes I do get a bit sad and bah humbug when I'm heading out the door to work and he's off to his mams for a mega christmas dinner!
    On the plus side though saves me cooking I guess :D

Have a good one everyone be you working or not :)

Advertisement