Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you been Fraped ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Portmanteau terms are the absolute nadir of modern culture. Please do your civic duty and stop using them.

I need this on a t shirt. Or a billboard...........Or on the front page of tomorrows newspaper. All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Portmanteau terms are the absolute nadir of modern culture. Please do your civic duty and stop using them.

You do know English is a West Germanic Dialect ?
    Why not just be totally puritan and speak the original lingua :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I've been fraped a few times and have fraped friends a few times too. The easiest way is if someone has an iphone or android phone. It's just a bit of harmless fun as long as you dont go overboard or reveal something really personal about the frapie! But nowadays if you put up something incriminating everybody is gonna kop straight away that it's a frape and the joke doesn't get any credibility..

Can still be amusing to the fraper though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

chin_grin wrote: »
    I need this on a t shirt. Or a billboard...........Or on the front page of tomorrows newspaper. All of them.
    I'm not talking about organically developed terms like the mentioned. I'm referring to "smirting" and the likes, whipped up on the spot by some semi-literate and propagated through the internet (acceptable:)) by people of similar English prowess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

FatherLen wrote: »
    did this happen to you?
    Nope. Although re-reading my post now it does sound bitterly personal :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

brother fraped me when sitting in bar getting ready for the ireland vs allblacks game.

needless to say i got there before anyone saw it and deleted the post, and got a little bit of revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Rule for frape in my circle of freinds.

You cannot use someones password to frape them, the only time you are allowed to face rape is when they leave the computer and don't log off. They are fair game after that. It teaches people to log off while staying entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

A good one to get your mates is posting ''So....I'm going to be a dad''

Extra great if he has a girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't do Facebook, but I get the idea. No, it's never happened to me, for a very simple reason: if someone else wants to use my computer, I create an account for them. In Windows, this is under Control Panel -> User Account. It takes a couple of seconds, I log out, and let the other person log in with their new account. Problem solved.

The OP is confusing sharing a machine with sharing an account: if you never share an account, you'll never have this problem.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Flaunting their big slutty unsecured account around for the whole world to see.

They were practically asking for it, judge. What was I to do?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bnt wrote: »
    I don't do Facebook, but I get the idea. No, it's never happened to me, for a very simple reason: if someone else wants to use my computer, I create an account for them. In Windows, this is under Control Panel -> User Account. It takes a couple of seconds, I log out, and let the other person log in with their new account. Problem solved.

The OP is confusing sharing a machine with sharing an account: if you never share an account, you'll never have this problem.

NERDS UNITE!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Biggins wrote: »
    NO ONE gets near my systems. They know the consequences.
    ...And if some gobschite decides to play a stupid, moronic gimp stunt like that, they certaily deserve the consequences of their actions.

Hard to get near your system when it appears you're mainlined to the internet.

bnt wrote: »

I have enough of logging in and out of accounts in work.... ffs ... wouldnt be arsed at home :P

I have one mate who uses the fingerprint scanner .. half the time it doesnt work and hes like .. hang on ... swipe .. fail .. swipe .. fail.... just a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I once changed my mate's 'Interested In' to 'Men', his political views to 'Conservative', changed his Birthday to that day and liked a load of pages about being gay.

He said it was the Conservative bit that really annoyed him.

He responded by going on chat (as me) and arguing with everyone/posting comments on girls walls about how fit they were.

Cunt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nope never. If i ever do leave my phone out of my reach,which i don't anyway, you need a password to unlock it. Same with my laptop.
    Have seen a few good ones done on my friends though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

haha have just fraped someone in the job :D
    She's not happy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What's frapped or frapping?? I don't like this slang its like a foreign language to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

What's frapped or frapping?? I don't like this slang its like a foreign language to me!
    facebook rape
    when you leave your profile logged in and somone posts something posing as you. usually something embarassing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

raping someones facebook account

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I was added to 50ish 'i love cock' groups and one 'i love terrorism' group, oh how i lolled. My brother left a comment on my page ' enough of the cock hey'
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My friends mac kept me logged in despite me logging out. He then made my status "Just found out I'm going to be a Dad". Then continues commenting assuring people it was true and even having chats as me telling people. I didn't realise until I started getting texts congratulating me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

No, fraping is wrong and stupid.

Don't ever do bull**** like that to anyone but your worst enemy.

It's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

It's not funny.
    yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

blaze1 wrote: »
    raping someones facebook account
    FatherLen wrote: »
    facebook rape
    when you leave your profile logged in and somone posts something posing as you. usually something embarassing

ah ok. I get ya. no luckily that has never happend to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Guill wrote: »
    Rule for frape in my circle of freinds.

You cannot use someones password to frape them, the only time you are allowed to face rape is when they leave the computer and don't log off. They are fair game after that. It teaches people to log off while staying entertaining.
    But using their passwords wouldn't teach them to not give out their passwords?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I fraped myself once.

Those damm beer and pills. A guys could end up doing/saying anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yes. By my brother. There is this running joke (I have no idea why it exists or where it started) with him that I have fat arms. So whenever he gets the chance he puts my status as "I have fat arms". :rolleyes: How boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Yes. By my brother. There is this running joke (I have no idea why it exists or where it started) with him that I have fat arms. So whenever he gets the chance he puts my status as "I have fat arms". :rolleyes: How boring.
    It's probably because your arms are fat

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always leave myself logged in on my laptop, so yeah, pretty much every time my bf gets a chance, he'll update my status. Tends to be about anal.

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    I always leave myself logged in on my laptop, so yeah, pretty much every time my bf gets a chance, he'll update my status. Tends to be about anal.

Legend

Advertisement